Stable Member Using Stable's Theme

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
GodzFire

Re: Stable Member Using Stable's Theme

Post by GodzFire »

I know this is a decade plus old topic and I don't know how it was decided to go, sure I sure as heck hope it was to keep a stable/team's theme in a single wrestler's count and in chronological order.

This seems like an absolute no brainer to me and I can't understand why people would have it any other way. It's a simple matter of common sense and logic.

Like someone used as an example, take Shawn Michaels from the Rockers. You're going to tell me in the SEVEN YEARS that they were together and where he wrestled at one time or another a singles match, you are not going to list that in his count? What did he come out to then- silence, the Benny Hill Chicken Dance theme? Who knows, since according to that logic it never happened, because it was never included in the list. It does a complete disservice to trying to accurately catalog songs used.
Papa Faf
Site Admin

Post by Papa Faf »

GodzFire wrote: August 7th, 2023, 6:47 pm I know this is a decade plus old topic and I don't know how it was decided to go, sure I sure as heck hope it was to keep a stable/team's theme in a single wrestler's count and in chronological order.

This seems like an absolute no brainer to me and I can't understand why people would have it any other way. It's a simple matter of common sense and logic.

Like someone used as an example, take Shawn Michaels from the Rockers. You're going to tell me in the SEVEN YEARS that they were together and where he wrestled at one time or another a singles match, you are not going to list that in his count? What did he come out to then- silence, the Benny Hill Chicken Dance theme? Who knows, since according to that logic it never happened, because it was never included in the list. It does a complete disservice to trying to accurately catalog songs used.
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but if a member uses a theme first, it goes in their count first, such as Otis using the American Alpha theme first, and the team is linked back to his listing. Shawn Michaels links back to the Rockers because they used it as a team first.

Edit: I reread the whole thread and I have no idea what was going through everybody's heads over a decade ago. But yeah, as long as someone uses a theme for a solo entrance, it counts. Been that way for as long as I can remember, definitely been that way since before I became a staff member.
Xylot Themes Admin: March 14th, 2015 - Present
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Papa Faf wrote: August 8th, 2023, 1:13 am
GodzFire wrote: August 7th, 2023, 6:47 pm I know this is a decade plus old topic and I don't know how it was decided to go, sure I sure as heck hope it was to keep a stable/team's theme in a single wrestler's count and in chronological order.

I'm not sure what you're saying here, but if a member uses a theme first, it goes in their count first, such as Otis using the American Alpha theme first, and the team is linked back to his listing. Shawn Michaels links back to the Rockers because they used it as a team first.
This. The Honor No More Theme (Tidal Wave) was used first by PCO and was later used by the faction last year in IMPACT, and is currently being used by Eddie Edwards.