Wrestling Albums?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
deadman36g

Wrestling Albums?

Post by deadman36g »

Are they still coming to the site?, If so i have tons to share .
TerranRich
Site Admin

Re: Wrestling Albums?

Post by TerranRich »

Yes. You can start sharing them now. I'm going to work on video game music now. I still have to figure out where to add the Albums section. Should it be a 6th type, next to wrestlers, ppvs, promos, video games, etc.? If so, i'll need to make room for a 6th entry.
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
deadman36g

Post by deadman36g »

Hmmm, I am not sure, I was thinking just an extra section for each fed for albums, but then there are so many that are non-fed specific that are floating around.
TheLostLegend

Post by TheLostLegend »

I think it should be a sixth entry if it isnt too much trouble, it would be easy to access and keeps the site consistent.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Well, considering ThemeAnthology started a HUGE thread on it in the Contributions forum, I'm putting this section on hold for now until I can decide how to go about adding it. There are non-fed-specific albums out there, and I really don't want to add a "Miscellaneous" fed section. But I may have to, as I have themes from various feds that don't have enough to warrant a new section, and are too numerous to keep adding new feds. I'd easily end up with 10 or so feds that would take up way too much space when browsing the site. I'll keep thinking about the best way to go about doing this.
TheLostLegend

Post by TheLostLegend »

XylotThemes wrote:Well, considering ThemeAnthology started a HUGE thread on it in the Contributions forum, I'm putting this section on hold for now until I can decide how to go about adding it. There are non-fed-specific albums out there, and I really don't want to add a "Miscellaneous" fed section. But I may have to, as I have themes from various feds that don't have enough to warrant a new section, and are too numerous to keep adding new feds. I'd easily end up with 10 or so feds that would take up way too much space when browsing the site. I'll keep thinking about the best way to go about doing this.
I know what you mean Xylot, i have the same problem, i have various themes for different feds but i don't have enough to really make a section for them. On my site i did make a Miscellaneous section for them but my site is set up different to yours and your right when saying it would take up too much space when browsing the site.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Well, I think I'm going to stuff all non-major feds into a Miscellaneous (MISC) section, and put non-fed-specific albums and DVD menu rips in there as well.

As you can already tell, I've added DVD menu ripes (DVD) and music albums (ALB) to the site already, both in the sidebar Quick-Browse section, and in the Themes tab section. :D
TheLostLegend

Post by TheLostLegend »

I have given Asian federations a whole page for themselves but the rest go into a Mischellaneous section. I have also added an Australian federation section, although i have not found many yet i made that page as a kind of tribute to Australian wrestling (as you can probably tell by now i am Australian).
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

The list will most likely look like this:

WWE
WCW
ECW
TNA
ROH
NJPW
AJPW
CZW
British
Other (for other feds)
Miscellaneous (for wrestling-related albums and videos not related to any one fed - like Beyond the Mat or the Slammin' Wrestling Hits CD)

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a fed or two. :P