Would this qualify as another theme?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Cyarm

Would this qualify as another theme?

Post by Cyarm »

I'm currently downloading X-Pac's 1st... and I've noticed in the lyrics... one line says

"I'm not the one they try their luck with"

Or something along those lines. Anyways, a couple of hours ago for nostalgia, I was playing the old WWF Attitude game... and I noticed the lyric was different there. It went like...

"I'm not the one they try to **** with"

Of course there isn't a swear word said... but whoever edited it... did the vocal effect they use on offensive language in rap, and reversed/garbled it...

I dunno if it counts as another theme... or an alternate... or w/e... as I don't know if it was ever used on TV, but I thought I'd just give you the info to do with it what you will.
Jackson

Re: Would this qualify as another theme?

Post by Jackson »

In WWF Attitude they had a option to set the language as Teen or censored (something like that). So basically some wrestlers had two versions of their themes. Hell, I think the Rock had two versions.
TheLostLegend

Post by TheLostLegend »

I reckon the censored version would be the only one that would count considering that is no doubtly the one they used for his entrances to the ring.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

It always did say Fuck, whatever the version, Volume 3, Attitude, Antholigy and MLG, you're making up the Luck version.

The Luck version was probably from a phoney ripoffs CD.

Edit: There are 2 versions.
Last edited by TEOL on October 28th, 2008, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
peteroshea90

Post by peteroshea90 »

Makes no real sense to me. Why is the MLG version not scrambled, then?

EDIT: The one I have on my computer that goes for 3:12 (which I believe is Vol 3) is scrambled and I just found another 3:12 version that isn't scrambled. So the volume 3 lyric wasn't scrambled, then?
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

I dont know where you get your information from Daniel, but it does actually say "I'm not the one to try your luck with"

As proven by in the WWF The Music Volume 3 Guitar book (as seen here)
You can see the lyrics here
836fu

Post by 836fu »

wow craig thats awesome i never knew wwf/e sold Guitar books, did they sell any others
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Craig-UK wrote:I dont know where you get your information from Daniel, but it does actually say "I'm not the one to try your luck with"

As proven by in the WWF The Music Volume 3 Guitar book (as seen here)
You can see the lyrics here
Well thats the book, it's censored on purpose so that kids don't read it and start swearing.

If you listen to the actual track though it's clearly the Fuck With line especially in the MLG version which was the version he actually used on 09/08/98 - 08/09/98

http://rapidshare.com/files/158286834/X ... ne_MLG.MP3
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

I dont know about you but after having it on repeat, it still says "luck"
it clearly says "Im not the one to try YOUR luck with" "Im not the one to try your fuck with" dont sound right".

Slow it down like I did and you will hear it even better clearly saying "your luck with".
836fu wrote:wow craig thats awesome i never knew wwf/e sold Guitar books, did they sell any others
I believe they did one more and thats WWF Forceable Entry but I have yet to obtain it.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Craig-UK wrote:"Im not the one to try your fuck with"
It's "I'm not the one you tried to fuck with." ;) Thats why it didn't make sence.

I'm convinced that one of the themes he used was the Arena Tape version which has that line.

We were not talking about the Volume 3 censored mix, which I only just remembered about after you mentioned it through both song book and track. "You can tell that I haven't listened to my Volume 3 CD in ages" in the first place, whats that got to do with this post?

He may have used the censored version later on though due to it being on an offical CD which means we're all right, what order they were used in is what we don't know and what this topic was made for. We are discussing, if he used the uncensored version or not, which he clearly did at one point because it's on a dated arena tape.
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

Is the sample that you posted the arena tape version?

As that version clearly has the word "Your" which is why I highlighted it in my post, and slowed it down and you can clearly hear it say "luck".

I guess I wont change your mind, but if you simply slow it down and listen over and over you will hear it properly.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Craig-UK wrote:Is the sample that you posted the arena tape version?

As that version clearly has the word "Your" which is why I highlighted it in my post, and slowed it down and you can clearly hear it say "luck".

I guess I wont change your mind, but if you simply slow it down and listen over and over you will hear it properly.
You pwned me. Thats all I've got left to say about the subject.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Sorry, TEOL, I hear "your luck".
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
InverseNight

Post by InverseNight »

Yeah. It's "luck".

It was censored in Attitude because they were concerned people would think there was something there. There were other numerous puritanical over-the-top censoring differences between Everyone and Teen.

They even replaced the Corporation theme (Hence why Chyna and The Rock's themes were changed to their "older" individual themes) on the "Everyone" setting because of the phrase "No Chance In Hell".

Also, it kept the "Head" references frm Al SNow out of the game and kept "Don't Piss Me Off" from Jeff Jarret's bit of dialouge.

Man, too bad the guys at Acclaim didn't join the Right To Censor. They woulda been perfect.