Hello (or, V7 Stuff!)

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
GodzFire

Re: Hello (or, V7 Stuff!)

Post by GodzFire »

Another thing lacking with v6 or that I can't figure out how to do is to do an advanced search where it includes results if you search for a wrestling show.

Say for example I want to find all instances of themes first used on Wrestling Challenge. I should be able to do the full search, put in that show name, and get results back that match that. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible. This makes finding which better recordings we need for the shows impossible.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

GodzFire wrote: January 11th, 2024, 8:50 am Another thing lacking with v6 or that I can't figure out how to do is to do an advanced search where it includes results if you search for a wrestling show.

Say for example I want to find all instances of themes first used on Wrestling Challenge. I should be able to do the full search, put in that show name, and get results back that match that. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible. This makes finding which better recordings we need for the shows impossible.
Unfortunately that isn't possible, and it's one of the features I have requested in the past (along with an overall expansion of what can be searched).
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Another random feature I thought of, though I'm not sure if its possible with the current site.

On the side under the search bar where all the promotions are listed, is it possible to add a user-customizable favourites list? I know there is the "Themes" page where promotions can be searched, but I think it would be nice to have a separate list that would show on every page like the current promotions list to make it a bit easier to jump around.

Editing this in over a month later to avoid too many consecutive posts:

In V7, is it possible to add a separate field for alternate titles that can be searched alongside the main title so all entries of that theme get listed in the results? For example, DX's theme has 3 titles across the site: "D-Generation X" (Vol. 3), "Break It Down" (Anthology), and "Are You Ready?" (all subsequent releases). While the site generally uses the most recent title in counts, if you search "Are You Ready?" you don't see any of the entries on the earlier albums where those titles are used (understandable, as the earlier albums should be listed as released). That may not be a big deal to most people, but I think having the most complete search results where possible is ideal. It could also help in cases where not all instances of a theme's title were updated sitewide because they weren't able to be found through search (often due to inconsistent info across the site, which leads me to another point).

In the promo section there are tons of entries linked to the "Various Promos" page which didn't have any other information entered in, so the link is there but no info is there making the entries impossible to find in search. There will be times I search up a specific production track and the "Various Promos" entry pops up, but none of the pages that link to it do. Having linked entries automatically enter the basic theme info would be a good idea (if possible) to avoid something like that happening in V7. (I really think the "Various Promos" page is unnecessary and was more a relic of the days when the site had files available, but nowadays I don't think all those promos need to be linked. Of course, because no info from those entries was entered when linked it would be a massive undertaking to go through every page and update all the entries before removing that page.)

I don't mean to harp on the search thing all the time, it's just one of the areas of the site I feel needs the most improvement and as I find little things here or there that I think could be improved I bring it up in the hopes it's a possibility for V7.