Website rules

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Craig-UK

Website rules

Post by Craig-UK »

Can we have an entry somewhere on here that states the rules of themes being added to the main site. Such as "must have been used 2+ times, must have been during an entrance or exit, interviews are not included" etc
I get confused as to what should and shouldn't be included. I see for Curt Hennig's WCW "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is stated as his 3rd yet he only came out to that jokingly during and interview to mock Flair. Yet we don't seem to include themes on exits even though it was used.
Hernan

Re: Website rules

Post by Hernan »

^ He is right.

This can also facilitate me at the time of adding/editing the lists without doing the same stupid questions, so I support this idea 100%.
Craig-UK wrote:I see for Curt Hennig's WCW "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is stated as his 3rd yet he only came out to that jokingly during and interview to mock Flair.
The ONLY time he used the track, right?
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

Hernan wrote:
Craig-UK wrote:I see for Curt Hennig's WCW "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is stated as his 3rd yet he only came out to that jokingly during and interview to mock Flair.
The ONLY time he used the track, right?
Correct and even then half way down to the ring it changed back to "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" as Hulk and gang was in the ring.

Also if the rule of must be used twice or more is applied, then so many wrestlers will need changing. The Rock has about 3-4 themes that he only used once, yet they're listed. The Undertaker has about 6 themes used only once ... again listed.

As for WCW the following would have to be removed as they was only used once in singles competition:
Akira Nogami - Osaka Streets (Japan Supershow)
Alan Storm - Run For Your Life (Saturday Night)
Allen Iron Eagle - (Unknown) (used once but was used in a tag too) (World Championship Wrestling)
Antonio Inoki - Pacific Zone (Clash of the Champions)
Antonio Inoki - Japan - Kima Ga Yo (Collision in Korea)
Awesome Kong - Riot (Starrcade)
Barry Darsow - Wild One (Main Event)
Barry Darsow / Blacktop Bully - Groover (World Wide Wrestling)
Barry Windham - Hard-line 1) (Chi-Town Rumble)
Barry Windham - Z Custom (World Championship Wrestling)
Barry Windham - Coast (Slamboree)
Big Bubba / Ray Traylor - Satan's Sister (Saturday Night)
Big Bubba / Ray Traylor - Tear It Up (Souled Out)
Big Josh - Cock Dance (World Championship Wrestling)
Big Sky - Demolition Derby (Fall Brawl)
Big Van Vader - Big Brother (Halloween Havoc)
Bill Irwin - Born To Be Bad (SuperBrawl)
Bill Kazmaier - Swamp Dog (Pro) - Site has it as Southern Rock - which again was used once by Rick Steiner
Billy Kidman - Devistator (Saturday Night)
Billy Pearl - Gun Me Down (Nitro)
Black Bart - Countrix (SuperBrawl)
Black Scorpion - Grave Secrets (Clash of the Champions) - used many times for promos though
Black Scorpion - Nightmare - Starrcade
Brad Armstrong - Logarithm (Halloween Havoc)
Brad Armstrong - Rockman (Saturday Night)
Brian Armstrong - Rock Garden (Saturday Night)
Brian Knobs - We're the Boys (Saturday Night) - used once singles, many times tag
Brian Knobs - Good Man - did not even used this in singles
Brian Pillman - Also Sprach Zarathustra (Nitro) - this would move Coast up which was used after ASZ anyway
Buddy Landell - Chicago Nights (World Championship Wrestling)

and that is just going through A & B up until September 1997.

If once used themes are allowed then there are some missing too but I won't list them yet.
Nafip

Post by Nafip »

I see the point of that but I think that themes that were only used once should be acknowledged as such.
For example, removing The Rock's 11th theme "Know Your Role (V4)" would seem strange because he did use that theme before it was changed to V5. Same thing with "jobber" entrances.
I do agree that parody entrances should perhaps get their own category.
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

I'm actually all for counting every theme that was used, just the fact I had been told in the past you don't include themes used once or themes only used as an exit. I think that is wrong and should be counted. I just stated that as an example. I also agree that if they're a parody they should be in the count but noted that it is a parody.
theassassin

Post by theassassin »

I agree with Craig, every theme should be listed even if only used once or as a parody etc. If it was used for anything other than a ring entrance (e.g. exit or parody) it should be noted as such.
Shaun2J

Post by Shaun2J »

Maybe a note could be made when intros are cut during run-ins or Royal Rumble entrances?
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Craig-UK wrote:Also if the rule of must be used twice or more is applied, then so many wrestlers will need changing. The Rock has about 3-4 themes that he only used once, yet they're listed. The Undertaker has about 6 themes used only once ... again listed.
To be honest with you, I don't see the point of removing songs that were used one time and Napif has said what I think. I removed Hennig's parody track and changed Kazmaier's.

For those that were saying about a category... this is already one of the things planned for V7 (at least from what I searched). Each profile would have a category (main list, parody, exit, live performances, untelevised matches, other, etc.). However, due to the delay of this *new* version, it's not happening at the moment. It has been told not to add exit songs until V7 would come out. That's the main reason I don't add exit themes, just entrances.

Personally, when it comes to entrance songs that debuted firstly as exit is to add it when it was used as an entrance. This is one case, the second would be if the wrestler/team came out with their casual entrance and after the match, a different song plays, I'd say it's an exit song. The last case would be if the entrance was removed from television but play after the match. I, personally, considered it as a entrance song unless something else proves otherwise. I normally do that in the indies but it's different from national promotions. I'm not sure if I'm clear with what I'm saying. Like I said, this is just my own personal opinion. Everybody can either agree or disagree with what I'm talking about.

For me, I'd like to include those exit themes without any problem because you're right, it should be added. However, the problem is that I can't due to reasons already specified.
Shaun2J wrote:Maybe a note could be made when intros are cut during run-ins or Royal Rumble entrances?
An example of this?

AfroOod

Post by AfroOod »

I think there should be a choice for Parody usage. That's what I would file that one under.
Shaun2J

Post by Shaun2J »

Hernan wrote:
Shaun2J wrote:Maybe a note could be made when intros are cut during run-ins or Royal Rumble entrances?
An example of this?
Maybe it's a bit nit-picky because hey, wrestlers might use the same intro or theme cut down the line again but take for instance in last years Royal Rumble match when Tyler Breeze entered. The first few seconds were cut off to accommodate the short entrance to the ring (I'm not sure if he ever used that intro-cut again though). That could also be the case with run-ins/interferences.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

I've always thought it needs to work like this:

Click on Defunct

Click on WCW Entrances

Click on Wrestlers Name

Now on that screen you see these sections underneith his or her name.

Main Themes Including Once Onlys

Parody Themes Once Onlys Not In Main Count

WWE Network/24/DVD/Blu-Ray Dub Themes

Full Cut Themes Of Those Using Edits

Alt Edit Themes Of Those Already Counted In Main Themes ie. versions a b c to trim Undertaker's WWE ect. down and Underscores they didn't use.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Shaun2J wrote:
Hernan wrote:
An example of this?
Maybe it's a bit nit-picky because hey, wrestlers might use the same intro or theme cut down the line again but take for instance in last years Royal Rumble match when Tyler Breeze entered. The first few seconds were cut off to accommodate the short entrance to the ring (I'm not sure if he ever used that intro-cut again though). That could also be the case with run-ins/interferences.
I see what you're talking about. I normally do that with the participants of CZW's Cage of Death. When I first testified this case, it was with Chri$ Ca$h at Cage of Death 6. I was ready to ignore this but the same edit played after he won the match.