Question about the release of "Posse"

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
thebib62

Question about the release of "Posse"

Post by thebib62 »

Why did we get a looped of the song, and not the full version?
Also, why is it different than the one used in the 1999 promo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEH3Jgfx4aM

Aside from the lyrics, you can hear more riffs, and extra notes in this version, none of which are present in the 2016 itunes release. Is the one that got released on WWE Uncaged the underscore version... or what? I would assume it would be the full version used in the 1999 promo, excluding the ragga lyrics.
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
TEOL

Re: Question about the release of "Posse"

Post by TEOL »

Just like Are You A Rock A Holic/Madness and Smack where one is a discontinued production music made by RMW Music which finally died earlier this year both the company as well as the album years ago so even when they did still exist on Facebook the album didn't anymore so it was useless.

RMW 1006 CUT 6 was what it would have been on had it still existed though.

As for the loop who knows but it might be a case of they probably used a shorter tron version if they lost the original sources but then again there was a full lengh tron version too which they would still have in full quality I guess they lost that too but it's hard to beleive a company would lose both tron and tape sources of the full edition and had to loop a shortened tron version to make up for it.

Thats unless this is the full one but they looped it to make it longer in all versions but made this loop choppy compared to the 1999 one I need to check a full tron version for this instance because I don't remember.

But then again I think this Freak Park or Freebone could really be Mean Streets come to think of it as it uses the same bassline so there is no cover version just a different version in this case and Johnston has Mean Street on his BMI meaning it's him also and not a RMW remake thing unlike the case of the Smack Downs 1 & 2 and I just made the normal info fuck up but of course I corrected it this time with delete delete delete but left the Smackdown case in there.

Edit: Yeah, what I had was 1:48 it was looped on purpose on the album as it was a short theme and thats how it was looped on the arena tapes source. As usaul I bet they didn't take the fade out from the final loop giving us the true full track though.
Leaf

Re: Question about the release of "Posse"

Post by Leaf »

thebib62 wrote:Why did we get a looped of the song, and not the full version?
Also, why is it different than the one used in the 1999 promo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEH3Jgfx4aM

Aside from the lyrics, you can hear more riffs, and extra notes in this version, none of which are present in the 2016 itunes release. Is the one that got released on WWE Uncaged the underscore version... or what? I would assume it would be the full version used in the 1999 promo, excluding the ragga lyrics.
People wanted the theme they used for the entrance, not many had heard the promo version, and even so that would be a totally another version for another day. The looping is self-explanatory - you're hearing the full song, which is short (same length as the WWF.com tron rip), looped once so it doesn't feel too short. Still, a catchy tune.