Unfitting Themes Used

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
thebib62

Unfitting Themes Used

Post by thebib62 »

The two most Unfitting themes I can think of is
Crash Holly's last theme "Crash Course" should have been used for a monster heel.
And William Regal WWE "Pompous" sounds like it was for Jamie noble.

Any others you guys can think of?
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
the fragile

Re: Unfitting Themes Used

Post by the fragile »

Brie Bella's "Beautiful Life" - Not really that bad of a theme, I just don't think it really captured anything as far as a theme goes.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Just look at me.
NMMan

Post by NMMan »

Marcus Cor Von's theme "Smooth".
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

Billy Kidman's "You Can Run." That song just didn't fit him at all.

AJ Lee's "Let's Light it Up." A fast-paced, happy pop song that didn't fit with the crazy, conniving character she became.

Daniel Bryan's "Big Epic Thing." Clearly WWE was struggling to come up with something for him, and this song flopped so bad he went back to "Ride of the Valkyries" in a matter of weeks.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

bubbafan2 wrote:AJ Lee's "Let's Light it Up." A fast-paced, happy pop song that didn't fit with the crazy, conniving character she became.
It does fit perfectly. Just because you have a crazy gimmick doesn't mean you need some kind of emo-like sounding theme.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Leaf wrote:
bubbafan2 wrote:AJ Lee's "Let's Light it Up." A fast-paced, happy pop song that didn't fit with the crazy, conniving character she became.
It does fit perfectly. Just because you have a crazy gimmick doesn't mean you need some kind of emo-like sounding theme.
I agree with this statement 100%.
the fragile

Post by the fragile »

bubbafan2 wrote:Billy Kidman's "You Can Run." That song just didn't fit him at all.

Daniel Bryan's "Big Epic Thing." Clearly WWE was struggling to come up with something for him, and this song flopped so bad he went back to "Ride of the Valkyries" in a matter of weeks.
Kidman, yeah that song didn't fit him at all. I clearly forgot about that one.

D-Bry, honestly if they'd gone and done a remake of Final Countdown - that probably would have been better off all along. lol Though I'm happy with Flight of The Valkyries.
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

EddieK wrote: I agree with this statement 100%.
Leaf wrote: It does fit perfectly. Just because you have a crazy gimmick doesn't mean you need some kind of emo-like sounding theme.
Clearly I'm in the minority on this :)
Agreed that she doesn't need something dark and brooding, maybe I just don't like that she was the most developed female on the roster at the time and her music was a generic party song.

Oh, and speaking of being in the minority... I like "Just Look At Me" and I thought it fit him well :D
Amber B.

Post by Amber B. »

Adrienne/Athena/Ember Moon using "Feelin' Me" as her 1st NXT Theme.. :shock:
BretC

Post by BretC »

Kurt Angle using "Gold Metal" in TNA. Weird seeing Angle coming out to a rap song.
Also when HHH was in WCW as Jean-Paul Levesque he used a generic rock song even though he had a French Aristocrat gimmick.
My database:
Updated Monthly
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Mad Man Pondo coming out with Hillbilly Jim's music. Pastor Jim, a former CZW personality, ordered to cut Pondo's music ("Bullet with Butterfly Wings" by The Smashing Pumpkins), because he has "better" music for him. That happened at Break on Throu on February 17th, 2001.

Another odd case would be Yoshihiro Tajiri, who come out to ACDC's "Ballbreaker" at "Crushing the Competition" on February 11th, 2001. Something I wasn't expecting.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Samoa Joe V1 & 2 "Neither version worked great for him."
Shinsuke Nakamora V1 "V2 with the more Japanese sounding violin suits him way better but V1 did suit the entrance still as it's basiclly an underscore but not him whilst this new V2 does suit both him and his entrance well"
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Gina wrote:Adrienne/Athena/Ember Moon using "Feelin' Me" as her 1st NXT Theme.. :shock:
I'm sure we can say this about a lot of other women using this song. :shock: :lol:
Megalouis100

Post by Megalouis100 »

I don't know If you guys agree but...Randy Orton using "This Fire Burns"
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Megalouis100 wrote:I don't know If you guys agree but...Randy Orton using "This Fire Burns"
I agree.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
theassassin

Post by theassassin »

That Lance Storm one "Party All Night"
Amber B.

Post by Amber B. »

EddieK wrote:
Gina wrote:Adrienne/Athena/Ember Moon using "Feelin' Me" as her 1st NXT Theme.. :shock:
I'm sure we can say this about a lot of other women using this song. :shock: :lol:
Yeah but like ATHENA she's like the most unexpected person to have ever used "Feelin' Me" (And maybe Mary Dobson too, if that rumor is correct).
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Gina wrote:
EddieK wrote:
Yeah but like ATHENA she's like the most unexpected person to have ever used "Feelin' Me"
I totally understand where you're coming from.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Bayley's theme doesn't really suit the more serious Bayley anymore.

It suited the heavy verients of autisum faker Bayley but not her current state of almost beleivable Asperger's Bayley.

She wouldn't be able to wrestle if she had full fledged autisum so I knew that gimmick was fake all along. Asperger's theres nothing to say you can't wrestle with that unless you have other conditions hooked to it like epilepsy or ex epilepsy which could return so being a bit Aspie is at least beleiveable especially if you were born like that which I don't doubt she probably was but she definitely wasn't born with full autisum so that fist gimmick wasn't beleivable one minute.

Her music was made for that full autisum ripoff first gimmick though so she needs some new music (Hey We Want Some Bayley Tonight) or something along the lines would be perfect for the more beleivable her.

I'm beginning to warm to her new Bayley style as she does have skills in the ring as a legitimate womens wrestler showing off decent looking womens suplexes and some techniqual stuff here and there but being reminded of that music still makes me think shes using the non beleivable gimmick.

If she can get away that music the last bit of that horrible more full blown autisum fakers gimmick I might get to like her a bit as an asperger's "not even on 100% thinking of her having that, but she's more beleiable being like that than autisum" womens wrestler.