The Random Theme Info Thread

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
bubbafan2

Re: The Random Theme Info Thread

Post by bubbafan2 »

I wasn’t sure where to ask this. The shout box didn’t seem appropriate, nor did Goldust’s theme listing page.

This video features a “stereo mix” of Goldust’s Golden Desire:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xSS8ZmW2Y5Y

According to the notes, it may have been created using 2 separate mono game rips, one which was the left channel and one right channel, mixed together.

I’m trying to verify if this is legit info, or if some fan just made it in “faux” stereo. AFAIK, the only sources for the full version of Golden Desire are the In Your House games and the official Uncaged release, all of which are mono. When I isolate the channels of this stereo mix, they do not sound like any of those sources, and more like someone just added reverb or sweetened it somehow to make it sound better (and to be fair, this stereo mix sounds REALLY good).

I know the In Your House game came out for PS1, Saturn, and MS-DOS. Is it possible different versions of the game contained different stereo channels of Golden Desire? (I currently only have the PS1 rips handy). I honestly don’t think the Uncaged release would factor in at all because the audio quality is so bad, but who knows.

Anyway, does anyone have any information about this, or does anyone have In Your House Saturn or PC music rips they could share?
Thanks
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I found snovak1223's rip of the PC version of In Your House on the forums which thankfully is still active. Here is Goldust's theme: https://www.mediafire.com/file/y5xrvt7z ... t.mp3/file

KHInsider has a rip of the Saturn version of the game. Here is Goldust's theme: https://vgmsite.com/soundtracks/wwf-in- ... ome/09.mp3

I downloaded both tracks and, to me, they are identical to the PS1 version (except the last few seconds of the track from the Saturn version are cut off). They sound the same and even the waveforms seem virtually identical. I'm not sure how that stereo mix was made, but I don't think it was a mix of different game rips (unless I'm just not hearing the differences which is entirely possible).
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

I met Koko B Ware yesterday and we discussed some of his entrance music, which I figured I’d share here.

He said he had to stop using The Bird because The Time threatened a C&D. He couldn’t understand why, because apparently the exposure was making the band a lot of extra money. Koko tried to work it out with them, even suggested a music video featuring him and Morris Day, but the band refused.

He also said it was singers from his own gospel group who sang backup on “Do the Bird”. I wanted to ask if he had any association with Pamela Fay Fizer, the gospel singer who performed Dusty Rhodes’ “Common Man Boogie”, but I had already taken up enough of his time and there was a line behind me so I had to let that go.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

bubbafan2 wrote: March 30th, 2024, 2:39 pm I met Koko B Ware yesterday and we discussed some of his entrance music, which I figured I’d share here.

He said he had to stop using The Bird because The Time threatened a C&D. He couldn’t understand why, because apparently the exposure was making the band a lot of extra money. Koko tried to work it out with them, even suggested a music video featuring him and Morris Day, but the band refused.

He also said it was singers from his own gospel group who sang backup on “Do the Bird”. I wanted to ask if he had any association with Pamela Fay Fizer, the gospel singer who performed Dusty Rhodes’ “Common Man Boogie”, but I had already taken up enough of his time and there was a line behind me so I had to let that go.
Thanks for sharing this!
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

bubbafan2 wrote: September 7th, 2023, 9:44 am I wasn’t sure where to ask this. The shout box didn’t seem appropriate, nor did Goldust’s theme listing page.

According to the notes, it may have been created using 2 separate mono game rips, one which was the left channel and one right channel, mixed together.

I’m trying to verify if this is legit info, or if some fan just made it in “faux” stereo. AFAIK, the only sources for the full version of Golden Desire are the In Your House games and the official Uncaged release, all of which are mono. When I isolate the channels of this stereo mix, they do not sound like any of those sources, and more like someone just added reverb or sweetened it somehow to make it sound better (and to be fair, this stereo mix sounds REALLY good).

I know the In Your House game came out for PS1, Saturn, and MS-DOS. Is it possible different versions of the game contained different stereo channels of Golden Desire? (I currently only have the PS1 rips handy). I honestly don’t think the Uncaged release would factor in at all because the audio quality is so bad, but who knows.

Anyway, does anyone have any information about this, or does anyone have In Your House Saturn or PC music rips they could share?
Thanks
It's from the arena tapes, according to Richey. He didn't modify it.
Facebook.com/FranchiseBrianSire
Youtube.com/@FranchiseBrianSire
YoussefSaul

Post by YoussefSaul »

The Franchise wrote: March 30th, 2024, 4:11 pm
bubbafan2 wrote: September 7th, 2023, 9:44 am I wasn’t sure where to ask this. The shout box didn’t seem appropriate, nor did Goldust’s theme listing page.

Thanks
Man We Should add Richey to XT
With great power comes great responsibility - Shahid Khan
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

Christopher wrote: March 30th, 2024, 2:54 pm
bubbafan2 wrote: March 30th, 2024, 2:39 pm I met Koko B Ware yesterday and we discussed some of his entrance music, which I figured I’d share here.

Thanks for sharing this!
You’re welcome!
Because of his background in music, and his personal involvement in his own entrance themes, I figured his would be a good brain to pick on the subject.

This was at Squared Circle Expo IV in Indianapolis, and I had a great time. I met Ted Dibiase, Honky Tonk Man, Paul Burchill, Koko, Victoria (again), and had my picture taken with the Nation of Domination (Henry, D-Lo, Godfather, & Simmons). Just a recommendation for anyone who has the opportunity to meet her, Victoria is an absolute delight, so incredibly friendly and personable.

Maybe the best part, while in line for the NOD pic, CJ Perry and Danhausen showed up and took a pic with them :o (I mean, they’re fans too!)
Then while I was up there with the NOD, the Hardys crashed the photo room as well!
The Franchise wrote: March 30th, 2024, 4:11 pm [quote=bubbafan2 post_id=96868 time=<a href="tel:1694094259">1694094259</a> user_id=508]
I wasn’t sure where to ask this. The shout box didn’t seem appropriate, nor did Goldust’s theme listing page.

Thanks
[/quote]

Hmmm, I thought I checked my arena tape files but I’ll check again. It’s possible I had that particular one years ago but deleted it because we already had the IYH rip, not knowing it was stereo.
YoussefSaul

Post by YoussefSaul »

bubbafan2 wrote: March 30th, 2024, 9:10 pm
Christopher wrote: March 30th, 2024, 2:54 pm

Thanks for sharing this!
You’re welcome!
Because of his background in music, and his personal involvement in his own entrance themes, I figured his would be a good brain to pick on the subject.

This was at Squared Circle Expo IV in Indianapolis, and I had a great time. I met Ted Dibiase, Honky Tonk Man, Paul Burchill, Koko, Victoria (again), and had my picture taken with the Nation of Domination (Henry, D-Lo, Godfather, & Simmons). Just a recommendation for anyone who has the opportunity, Victoria is an absolute delight, so incredibly friendly and personable.

Maybe the best part, while in line for the NOD pic, CJ Perry and Danhausen showed up and took a pic with them :o (I mean, they’re fans too!)
Then while I was up there with the NOD, the Hardys crashed the photo room as well!
The Franchise wrote: March 30th, 2024, 4:11 pm [quote=bubbafan2 post_id=96868 time=<a href="tel:1694094259">1694094259</a> user_id=508]

Thanks
Hmmm, I thought I checked my arena tape files but I’ll check again. It’s possible I had that particular one years ago but deleted it because we already had the IYH rip, not knowing it was stereo.
[/quote]

richey is join to XT Now so welcome Richey
With great power comes great responsibility - Shahid Khan