Official WWE Uncaged Album Discussion Thread

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
NMMan

Re: Official WWE Uncaged Album Discussion Thread

Post by NMMan »

Roid Hogan wrote: August 20th, 2021, 9:01 am
TheImpCaiman wrote: August 19th, 2021, 10:52 pm You make a solid point. At least tell us something. Then perhaps the spamming would stop.
I don’t know if you’re new here but the majority of wrestling theme fans or wrestling fans in general for that matter are never satisfied. They’ll just keep asking for more and more or find a way to bring it up lol.
It won't stop the constant spammers, as absolutely nothing ever will...but at least it might stop some of the feedback WWE Music Group is receiving as to whether the series is continuing or not, and let the fans know that they either can or cannot expect to see future volumes.
No one in WWE can hold a candle to what I can do, inside these FOUR ROPES.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Sodaboy wrote: August 20th, 2021, 3:01 am There’s loads of people asking, surely they can’t keep ignoring us?
The radio silence is pretty obvious. WWE Music has no marketing section for almost a decade now. Their communication is purely limited to telling people about relevant, current music (new singles and their business partnerships for PPVs and playlists). All of their posts about Uncaged had a dozen words and a tracklist video made on iMovie. The fact is WWE Music's focus is not B2C (DSP releases, vinyl pressings, merchandising, etc) but rather B2B. They make millions with their licenses for PPVs, games, movies, commercials, broadcasting, etc. All in all, you could say WWE Music is the most "WWE" company they have, all about money and what's best for their business.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Welp, there was no Uncaged this past weekend for Summerslam. When do you honestly think we're getting 16?
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Never, hopefully
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

Leaf wrote: August 25th, 2021, 2:31 amNever, hopefully
Yeah, yeah.. By now we've all heard that you've become a Uncaged hater, think we got it
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

Raptor wrote: August 25th, 2021, 5:48 am Yeah, yeah.. By now we've all heard that you've become a Uncaged hater, think we got it
Probably just a joke. I don't see why someone would be happy about the series ending when it doesn't change anything in their lives. And that comes from someone who loves trolling Uncaged fans on Twitter when they spam about the series.
Roid Hogan

Post by Roid Hogan »

Ok
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

There has been a time when it was nearly a year between one Uncaged album and another. The last few singles themes have been some of the worst of def rebel themes and looking at their total combined revenue it doesn't even come close to Uncaged XIV we got, what was that release again, 2019 or 2020? Shows how much tWWE music fans and themers like the Uncaged series more than anything at this point right now in WWE Music.

Music in wrestling was far better when Jimmy Hart, Howard Helm, Jim Johnston and JJ Maguire was composing music. Not because the music was great but because they composed wrestling music like composers write music for movies. Each theme that was either written or picked from a production library for a wrestler it fit that wrestler's gimmick. The vast majority of themes today, not all, but a huge majority are all a generic rock theme that you can almost give to anyone. CFO$ did at least have more than enough themes that were only meant for certain wrestlers like SAWFT is a Sin, The Future or Rising Sun as some small examples. Get to today and now the vast majority of themes we have can almost be given to anyone.

All I can say is that yes I've bought every single WWE, WCW and ECW music that has ever been released with the exceptions of a few of the current singles themes because I was holding out for Uncaged but now it looks like I'll need to go back a few months and catch up on that. However the music of these 3 promotions alone at the peak of their greatest eras had the best music a wrestling promotion could have at that time. No hatred to the and of the composers but they should go back and watch each one of these promotions and listen to some of the themes there and try to compose something similar for today's talents. When he hear a theme like Huka Blues, Desert Threat, Rest In Peace, I Won't Do What You Tell Me, Wolfpac, Sting Theme, etc. You know there is no other wrestler coming through that curtain other than the wrestler who has that theme where today it isn't composed as good as it could be.
NMMan

Post by NMMan »

TheImpCaiman wrote: August 25th, 2021, 9:45 am When he hear a theme like Huka Blues, Desert Threat, Rest In Peace, I Won't Do What You Tell Me, Wolfpac, Sting Theme, etc. You know there is no other wrestler coming through that curtain other than the wrestler who has that theme where today it isn't composed as good as it could be.
Yeah...that instant recognition from the audience when a certain theme song plays, and the connection that is formed between the wrestler and the audience when their music hits, is not nearly as present in today's product as it once was.
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

It’s like Jim Johnston said in an interview: a lot of the current entrance themes are not themes at all, it’s just music that happens to be playing while a wrestler walks to the ring.

Personally, I think the decline in entrance music quality is related to the lack of compelling gimmicks nowadays. Almost everyone in WWE talks the same and acts the same; everything is so homogenized there’s very few traits for fans to latch onto, and therefore little to work with when composing a theme to represent a character.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Raptor wrote: August 25th, 2021, 5:48 am
Yeah, yeah.. By now we've all heard that you've become a Uncaged hater, think we got it
?
NMMan

Post by NMMan »

bubbafan2 wrote: August 25th, 2021, 1:56 pm It’s like Jim Johnston said in an interview: a lot of the current entrance themes are not themes at all, it’s just music that happens to be playing while a wrestler walks to the ring.

Personally, I think the decline in entrance music quality is related to the lack of compelling gimmicks nowadays. Almost everyone in WWE talks the same and acts the same; everything is so homogenized there’s very few traits for fans to latch onto, and therefore little to work with when composing a theme to represent a character.
1000% agree.
acousticequalizer

Post by acousticequalizer »

It is what it is. I'm very happy we've gotten what we got and if that's the end, so be it. If not I look forward to future releases. No use in stressing over it lol
Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Jackson »

acousticequalizer wrote: August 26th, 2021, 12:24 am It is what it is. I'm very happy we've gotten what we got and if that's the end, so be it. If not I look forward to future releases. No use in stressing over it lol
This is exactly how I feel. Uncaged had a GREAT run. 15 albums compared to WWE The Music series (10 volumes).
alpharhodes

Post by alpharhodes »

NMMan wrote: August 25th, 2021, 10:46 am
TheImpCaiman wrote: August 25th, 2021, 9:45 am When he hear a theme like Huka Blues, Desert Threat, Rest In Peace, I Won't Do What You Tell Me, Wolfpac, Sting Theme, etc. You know there is no other wrestler coming through that curtain other than the wrestler who has that theme where today it isn't composed as good as it could be.
Yeah...that instant recognition from the audience when a certain theme song plays, and the connection that is formed between the wrestler and the audience when their music hits, is not nearly as present in today's product as it once was.
Jim had a few hiccups too. As you mentioned, there are a few recognisable entrance themes of this generation but the majority are so damn meh/generic/forgettable.

I presume it’s because it’s not a priority for them.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

acousticequalizer wrote: August 26th, 2021, 12:24 am It is what it is. I'm very happy we've gotten what we got and if that's the end, so be it. If not I look forward to future releases. No use in stressing over it lol
This is very well said.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

I agree but like we say in the wrestling business...."never say never."
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Last November, we got the last digital release from the Uncaged series, Uncaged XIV. It came out Friday, November 20th, 2 days before Survivor Series 2020. We begsn discovering the themes November 7th.

Survivor Series 2021 takes place November 21, so these next few days would be the time we would find something IF Uncaged XVI was dropping for Survivor Series weekend.
Tino

Post by Tino »

Uncaged IV dropped November 20, 2017, the album info was posted on Xylot the day before, on November 19th.

Uncaged V dropped Monday August 20, 2018. The album info was posted on Xylot on the day before, Sunday, August 19th, 2018.

I recall there being a bit of a brief time period where we didn't get anything in the middle of 2019, I think it was after IX dropped, maybe it was before that dropped..idk my brain is on overload tonight. Maybe IX dropped and X didn't drop until about four months later? Or was it VIII that dropped and we had that four month drought of hearing nothing until Jean posted the info for IX? I can't remember.

Uncaged XV "dropped" February 7, 2021. Yesterday was exactly nine months to the day WWE put XV on YouTube.

That November 2017 to August 2018, we'll call it a "hiatus", was the last time we had a hiatus similar to the one we've been experiencing since February 7th. 9 months. Yesterday, November 7th, 2021, made exactly 9 months to the day WWE put XV on YouTube.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

It's been 9 months since the last Uncaged "Dropped"? Time flies!