ThemeTitan

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
AdsPizzazz85

ThemeTitan

Post by AdsPizzazz85 »

Can someone tell me why themetitan is so great?
max

Re: ThemeTitan

Post by max »

Never really paid attention to him, but always thought everyone deferring to him as gospel was goofy. Also thought it was funny when people couldn't get through to Jim directly so they assumed he couldn't leak anything out of fear for his job. But he would occasionally give music or clips to this ThemeTitan guy.. who would then put it online instead. Wouldn't you think, if the WWE ever actually looked into it, that they could figure out that these always traced back to the same guy on twitter?
mrxskull

Post by mrxskull »

Plot twist:

Themetitan was Jim Johnston all along.
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

max wrote: November 20th, 2020, 12:23 am Never really paid attention to him, but always thought everyone deferring to him as gospel was goofy. Also thought it was funny when people couldn't get through to Jim directly so they assumed he couldn't leak anything out of fear for his job. But he would occasionally give music or clips to this ThemeTitan guy.. who would then put it online instead. Wouldn't you think, if the WWE ever actually looked into it, that they could figure out that these always traced back to the same guy on twitter?
Jim has not given anyone music, ever. The music that TItan was able to obtain was done by other means. Also, plenty of people have been able to contact Jim over the years, often via email, but you're never going to get someone who worked for a publicly-traded company to send you music, especially when most companies monitor and keep backups of ALL their emails for legal reasons. How do you think companies like Sony have had thousands of internal emails leaked over the years?

And always traced back to the same guy on Twitter? You do realize that there are dozens of ways we have obtained music in the past, right? Video games, promo releases, press kits, entrance video rips, social media posts, obtained them from various artists who worked on the songs, etc. I doubt anyone at WWE Music is bothered by our "bootleg" releases. It's something that is just accepted to happen in the music industry—even Michael Jackson gave various websites his personal blessing to trade bootlegs and unreleased material, as long as it wasn't commercially available. You're never, ever going to prevent things from getting out.

There's nothing "special" about ThemeTItan, he's just a guy who has been part of our community for a very long time, and was fortunate enough to meet and form a friendship with the man who composes the music many of us enjoy. He's never asked or told anyone to kiss his ass, and he's been extremely generous in the past (before people began threatening him in ways that could affect his life, career, etc). And through other means, was able to form connections that allowed him access to WWE's music. Sadly, because of how awful WWE Music Group is at communicating — ignoring emails, barely promoting releases, and spending more time Tweeting about bullshit featured Spotify playlists — Titan is the closest thing we have to "gospel." It's because of him that we know a lot of information about shortened songs, official titles, various upcoming releases, how toxic and political WWE Music has gotten.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Themetitan was the forum where we all originated. When Themetitan went all the faction shit started until Xylot where it's all of us together in a single place again that as well as in the forum scene. :lol:
max

Post by max »

IAmNeomic wrote: November 26th, 2020, 4:32 am
max wrote: November 20th, 2020, 12:23 am Never really paid attention to him, but always thought everyone deferring to him as gospel was goofy. Also thought it was funny when people couldn't get through to Jim directly so they assumed he couldn't leak anything out of fear for his job. But he would occasionally give music or clips to this ThemeTitan guy.. who would then put it online instead. Wouldn't you think, if the WWE ever actually looked into it, that they could figure out that these always traced back to the same guy on twitter?
Jim has not given anyone music, ever. The music that TItan was able to obtain was done by other means. Also, plenty of people have been able to contact Jim over the years, often via email, but you're never going to get someone who worked for a publicly-traded company to send you music, especially when most companies monitor and keep backups of ALL their emails for legal reasons. How do you think companies like Sony have had thousands of internal emails leaked over the years?

And always traced back to the same guy on Twitter? You do realize that there are dozens of ways we have obtained music in the past, right? Video games, promo releases, press kits, entrance video rips, social media posts, obtained them from various artists who worked on the songs, etc. I doubt anyone at WWE Music is bothered by our "bootleg" releases. It's something that is just accepted to happen in the music industry—even Michael Jackson gave various websites his personal blessing to trade bootlegs and unreleased material, as long as it wasn't commercially available. You're never, ever going to prevent things from getting out.

There's nothing "special" about ThemeTItan, he's just a guy who has been part of our community for a very long time, and was fortunate enough to meet and form a friendship with the man who composes the music many of us enjoy. He's never asked or told anyone to kiss his ass, and he's been extremely generous in the past (before people began threatening him in ways that could affect his life, career, etc). And through other means, was able to form connections that allowed him access to WWE's music. Sadly, because of how awful WWE Music Group is at communicating — ignoring emails, barely promoting releases, and spending more time Tweeting about bullshit featured Spotify playlists — Titan is the closest thing we have to "gospel." It's because of him that we know a lot of information about shortened songs, official titles, various upcoming releases, how toxic and political WWE Music has gotten.
So he has a close enough relationship with Jim to be able to directly ask questions and upload (possible even film) a video of him, yet any samples he's posted that no one else had... he got through "other sources?" Pretty convenient.
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

max wrote: November 26th, 2020, 10:12 pm So he has a close enough relationship with Jim to be able to directly ask questions and upload (possible even film) a video of him, yet any samples he's posted that no one else had... he got through "other sources?" Pretty convenient.
Based on the what know, which isn't a lot, but I would guess that the access to the music came possibly even a few years before the friendship with Jim did.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

ThemeTitan is credible. The only thing that makes people question it is when WWE releases music with these odd titles on it. It does make some like myself scratch their head at some of these titles that are coming out especially after ThemeTitan has confirmed or given us titles to some. My only question is who at WWE is giving these themes these new or alternate titles?

I mentioned this in another thread to me when you look at Undertaker's WM15 theme where Undertaker says accept the Lord of Darkness as your savior you'd think that Lord of Darkness on Uncaged XIV would be that theme but it isn't. Looking at other themes ThemeTitan has confirmed titles to us for example, all of Austin's Venom like themes and they all come out renamed. We can assume that ThemeTitan isn't giving input on naming the themes so I'm wondering who is at WWE?

ThemeTitan however is generous and has allowed me to listen to a few themes in his collection (of course snippets) so I could hear differences in various versions in the past when I asked. He has also given us the names to some unknown titled songs. He is a great contributor to the site and hopefully he'll still keep helping us with these unknown themes.
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

Some files have metadata with titles and such, many don't. There's also cue sheets that have titles listed for various themes. When a theme doesn't have an obvious title, they just make one up, and sometimes even just use the ones given to them by fans ("Enforcer" for Lesnar 2002 v1, "On the Courtyard" for Regal 2004, etc). They've also gotten bad about "ribbing" the wrestlers with the titles recently.

"What A Jock" - A reference to Aldo's mask looking like a jock-strap.
"Bad Vibrations" - A reference to Booker T saying Karma's footsteps were vibrating the building in her debut.
"Bowleg Cowboy" - Kind of obvious.

There were a few others I can't remember off the top of my head as well.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Bionic Rattlesnake was mentioned in the opening segment of the What? DVD by Jim Ross. During the theme JR yells, "It's the Rattlesnake, the Rattlesnake!"

Plague of Evil was also mentioned during a moment the Ministry entered the ring also by Jim Ross. He said something along the lines of "this Plague of Evil that has come over the WWE at this time is unheard of. "

Cold Blooded and Cold Hearted due to the fact that snakes are cold blooded animals.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

TheImpCaiman wrote: December 4th, 2020, 8:29 am Cold Blooded and Cold Hearted due to the fact that snakes are cold blooded animals.
And the man is... stone cold. :lol: