Hello (or, V7 Stuff!)

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
chambersja

Re: Hello (or, V7 Stuff!)

Post by chambersja »

Hernan wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 7:03 pm
chambersja wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 3:09 pm Also can you list if something is an edit of the iTunes release.
For example Shinsuke Nakamura 1st WWE The Rising Sun Album: Edit of iTunes single
or even Notes: Edit removes first 5 seconds of iTunes release. Or something along those lines instead of listing a theme as

Artist: CFO$ feat. Earl Maneein
Album: WWE: The Rising Sun (Shinsuke Nakamura) - Single
Used: SmackDown Live (December 5th, 2017)
Notes:
Song starts at the 00:21 mark.

Try

Artist: CFO$ feat. Earl Maneein
Album: WWE: The Rising Sun (Shinsuke Nakamura) - Single
Used: SmackDown Live (December 5th, 2017)
Notes:
WWE Edit removes first 21 seconds of itunes release.
Isn't enough enough when you put in the the name of the single release on the album? Plus, if you distrust if this is either the iTunes version or not, just compare the original/unedited audio with the edited one. Plain and simple.
I know it would be a lot of work. Sorry. I think when it says starts at or intro cut that should be good enough.

I really like the idea of the source though.
Such as Tapes, Albums, Singles, WWE.com tron, YouTube Tron, WWE 2K video game, or Unreleased.
StreetProfit

Post by StreetProfit »

chambersja wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 3:09 pm I really like the idea of the source though.
Such as Tapes, Albums, Singles, WWE.com tron, YouTube Tron, WWE 2K video game, or Unreleased.
I love this idea, too. Would be so helpful when trying to identify the source of a theme song with little to no information about it. Even notes like "Released on [Insert Wrestler Here]'s WWE Facebook fan page. Or "Released on 2K18, title confirmed in Music Jukebox (or Create A Show)." This would be so helpful, please consider it. It may be effort, but it will benefit all users.

Thanks.
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

So I've been thinking, and maybe it would be better to start using a centralized Google Drive account with MP3s instead of using YouTube links, as there are tons of videos that no longer work and YouTube is pretty unreliable now with copyrighted works.

You could also put some standards in place in regards to those recordings, so that way going through, one recording isn't too low and another blow your speakers out. Maybe have all the recordings be -18 dB RMS. Should be easy enough, as with GoldWave, you can open it up, click "match volume", select the "Typical -18dB" preset, and be done. There's a drag-and-drop option in Adobe Audition for matching volume via RMS. I'm sure it can be done simply in Audacity as well. Save them as a 192 mp3 or even OGG file for better quality, and then have the "proof" section be the little audio player from Google Drive.

Also, I think it seems a little more professional to call them "references" instead of "proofs."
morrisonc66

Post by morrisonc66 »

A centralized Google Drive would only be okay for a little while as they monitor hot linking, which you can do with Google Drive but you have to search for the work-around for it. In all honesty, this is and has been the better of the wrestling theme and info archives in years. I have been a member of this site for a decade plus now; there should be one server to host the DNS for web development and deployment and another server for retrieval of file like MP3's and Videos; however, the method of going about it is these have to be proprietary servers that are not a paid or free host.

I've tried to do a centralized drive before but the links would only be available for 3 days max until the links have to be manually updated with a new Token ID.
Copyright © 2019. AB Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Honestly, I'm unsure about the idea of re-introducing downloads unless it was from a public source like YouTube. Using something like Google Drive or Box or something opens up the possibility to files being removed at a rate too quickly for us to keep up, and even entire accounts possibly being banned.

I've been working slowly (whenever I have free time, which is hard to find still) on a tentative V7 layout. It's still very much a work in progress, but you can refresh it every few days to see if I've made any progress.

I've compiled all of the above suggestions into one Google Doc that I will update whenever people suggest new ideas that I think should be included. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eaY ... sp=sharing
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
SheerHARTAttack

Post by SheerHARTAttack »

I think having proper dates with start and end dates for when themes were used is very important IMO. especially when wrestlers go back to old themes it is very useful info
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

TerranRich wrote: April 24th, 2019, 3:28 pm Honestly, I'm unsure about the idea of re-introducing downloads unless it was from a public source like YouTube. Using something like Google Drive or Box or something opens up the possibility to files being removed at a rate too quickly for us to keep up, and even entire accounts possibly being banned.

I've been working slowly (whenever I have free time, which is hard to find still) on a tentative V7 layout. It's still very much a work in progress, but you can refresh it every few days to see if I've made any progress.

I've compiled all of the above suggestions into one Google Doc that I will update whenever people suggest new ideas that I think should be included. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eaY ... sp=sharing
Thanks for compiling all the ideas. It's interesting to see where Xylot may be heading in the future.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

SheerHARTAttack wrote: April 24th, 2019, 3:53 pm I think having proper dates with start and end dates for when themes were used is very important IMO. especially when wrestlers go back to old themes it is very useful info
This is a good point.

How should we handle themes used more than once by the same wrestler/team? Do we: (a) list them as separate entries so the chronological order is preserved; or (b) include the multiple date ranges in the same theme entry? I think there are points to be made in favor of either approach (as well as caveats and potential issues). Thoughts?
Papa Faf
Site Admin

Post by Papa Faf »

TerranRich wrote: April 24th, 2019, 4:15 pm
SheerHARTAttack wrote: April 24th, 2019, 3:53 pm I think having proper dates with start and end dates for when themes were used is very important IMO. especially when wrestlers go back to old themes it is very useful info
This is a good point.

How should we handle themes used more than once by the same wrestler/team? Do we: (a) list them as separate entries so the chronological order is preserved; or (b) include the multiple date ranges in the same theme entry? I think there are points to be made in favor of either approach (as well as caveats and potential issues). Thoughts?
Ehh, continuing a listing with themes that were previously used could ultimately become a bit of a clusterfuck. Option B is significantly better. Basically leave the listings as they are, but allow us the option to add additional dates.

So one theme might have dates of "June ##, 2016 - April ##, 2017", then a second line under it, "January ##, 2018 - May ##, 2018".

A good example of why the first option would be terrible in my opinion: Look at someone like Triple H. He's already got 20+ themes listed. Think of how many times he's gone back and forth between using The Game and King of Kings. His listing would be a mile longer than it already is.

And as far as downloads go, I'd stay away from doing that again. Though I don't see a reason why we couldn't have a "Preview" option. That's not illegal. WrestlingMedia has samples and they're fine. Basically the staff could upload themes like we used to do back in the day, but instead of users being able to download them, they could press a play button beside a theme and hear the first 30 seconds of it. I feel like this would definitely bring more traffic to the site, and I'm sure every member here would enjoy it.
Xylot Themes Admin: March 14th, 2015 - Present
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

FafAngryProphet wrote: April 24th, 2019, 4:30 pm Ehh, continuing a listing with themes that were previously used could ultimately become a bit of a clusterfuck. Option B is significantly better. Basically leave the listings as they are, but allow us the option to add additional dates.

So one theme might have dates of "June ##, 2016 - April ##, 2017", then a second line under it, "January ##, 2018 - May ##, 2018".

A good example of why the first option would be terrible in my opinion: Look at someone like Triple H. He's already got 20+ themes listed. Think of how many times he's gone back and forth between using The Game and King of Kings. His listing would be a mile longer than it already is.
Agreed. I think a theme should only be listed once in each count, sorted by first use of each theme (basically, as it currently is), but with all the relevant dates in the info box.
SheerHARTAttack

Post by SheerHARTAttack »

FafAngryProphet wrote: April 24th, 2019, 4:30 pm
TerranRich wrote: April 24th, 2019, 4:15 pm
This is a good point.

Ehh, continuing a listing with themes that were previously used could ultimately become a bit of a clusterfuck. Option B is significantly better. Basically leave the listings as they are, but allow us the option to add additional dates.

And as far as downloads go, I'd stay away from doing that again. Though I don't see a reason why we couldn't have a "Preview" option. That's not illegal. WrestlingMedia has samples and they're fine. Basically the staff could upload themes like we used to do back in the day, but instead of users being able to download them, they could press a play button beside a theme and hear the first 30 seconds of it. I feel like this would definitely bring more traffic to the site, and I'm sure every member here would enjoy it.
I think keeping it the same as it is now but adding the lines for dates is def the way to go! Triple H is a GREAT example of this same with Undertaker.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

To be fair, under V7, Triple H's "King of Kings" would be listed as a "Promo Entrance Theme" vs. a "Wrestling Entrance Theme". Unless he's used it to enter a wrestling match, in which case it would be listed under "Wrestling Entrance Theme" as well. All wrestlers will have different theme types: Entrance, Promo Entrance, Exit, Parody Entrance, Special Occasion Entrance, Dubbed, etc.

But yeah, even still, I agree that option B is the way to go. I can possibly arrange it so that we enter the dates in such a way that we can then do a search for "Who used [theme name] as of [date]?" and it would show you what theme was currently in use for a given wrestler/team as of a given date.
The Chosen One

Post by The Chosen One »

Can the search be fixed? if you enter a title for example "Dies Irae" and search ALL no results show. Yet if you search for Dies Irae as a Title only the results show correctly.

Also on the main page on the search box, pressing the return key should run the search fetch rather then forcing the user to press the search button
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

He's definitely used it as an entrance theme before for matches. I believe No Mercy 2007 was one instance.

I think something more like a theme timeline would be useful, rather than just a straight count list. Everyone counts differently, so rather than trying to have a definitive "count", maybe do something like this:

Code: Select all

Triple H
> 01 — "Blue Blood"
> 02 — "Ode to Joy" (WWE Mix) [Library]
> 03 — "Corporate Player"
> 04 — "Higher Brain Pattern" (V1)
> 05 — "Higher Brain Pattern" (V2)
> 06 — "My Time"
------- "My Time" (Intro Cut)
> 07 — "The Game" (Demo V1)
> 08 — "The Game" (Demo V2)
and then when it gets to something where there's multiple edits, and switching around:

> 09 — "The Game" by Motorhead
------- "The Game" (Intro Cut) by Motorhead
> 10 — "King of Kings" (V1) by Motorhead
-------- "The Game" (King of Kings Intro #1) by Motorhead
-------- "The Game" (King of Kings Intro #2) by Motorhead
-------- "The Game" (King of Kings Intro #3) by Motorhead
> 11 — "King of Kings" (V2/Album Mix) by Motorhead
-------- ^09 — "The Game" by Motorhead
... And so on. It solves the problem of each little edit being it's own entry, but also counting everything. You could also throw the instances of HHH using the DX and Evolution themes between his themes as well, so that way they're still acknowledges, but not necessarily part of his count, as he was using them under the context of representing that team/faction.

> 9 — "The Game"
------- "The Game" (Intro Cut)
------- >>"Line In The Sand" (V1) [as part of Evolution] <--- "Evolution" links to their page
Also, in my previous reply, I wasn't speaking in regards to standard downloads, but rather a recording from a show as a reference. Maybe limit them to 30 seconds so that they do fall under fair use, much like Wikipedia does, and not necessarily make them downloadable.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Whatever is uploaded can't be an official release. Recordings exclusivity maybe.

The problem with that is someones going to have to search every WWE Network wrestler then wach every entrance and exit until they find the absolute longest lengh version that might take bloody ages. lol

And then they might want to vocal cut only the commentary parts, then they might want to do it on a full library of recordings, then if they find different clear parts they would add them into the longest one to make an old school clear vocal cut and proper clear airings mixed quality clear edit.

WCW Thunder has weird dubs even those recordings where the proper tracks stay the same they tend to put a dubbed version over the top the clear the quality more over the arena sound on some.
Papa Faf
Site Admin

Post by Papa Faf »

TEOL wrote: May 6th, 2019, 8:09 am Whatever is uploaded can't be an official release. Recordings exclusivity maybe.

The problem with that is someones going to have to search every WWE Network wrestler then wach every entrance and exit until they find the absolute longest lengh version that might take bloody ages. lol

And then they might want to vocal cut only the commentary parts, then they might want to do it on a full library of recordings, then if they find different clear parts they would add them into the longest one to make an old school clear vocal cut and proper clear airings mixed quality clear edit.

WCW Thunder has weird dubs even those recordings where the proper tracks stay the same they tend to put a dubbed version over the top the clear the quality more over the arena sound on some.
What are you talking about?
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

Why are there two Requests sections ?
antdogs

Post by antdogs »

yo yo what up everyone! me Old ass AntDogs.. turned 38 Thursday :/ but I haven't been much on forums much but trying to get back into the game. I see some of you on twitter and on some discord chats.. wanna say waaazup
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Is the next upgrade/iteration of the website database ever going to occur?
Papa Faf
Site Admin

Post by Papa Faf »

Not sure. I’ve been away for quite a while. And I haven’t heard anything regarding V7. But I remain hopeful.