"Real American" credits question

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Christopher

"Real American" credits question

Post by Christopher »

On The Wrestling Album, "Real American" is credited to R. Derringer & B. Kinney.

On Anthology, "Real American" is credited to Rick Derringer & Kenny Bernhard.

I've also seen the 2nd name listed elsewhere as "Bernard Kenny" and "Kenny Bernard".

Which is the correct name?
Nafip

Re: "Real American" credits question

Post by Nafip »

On BMI, his name is Bernard P. Kenny.
Kind of weird that Jim Johnston is also credited for this song alone.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Thanks, Nafip. I didn't even think to check something like BMI. The original Cocatalog entry from 1985 also lists the name as "Bernard Kenny".

It's interesting that, on two different WWE releases (three if you count the digital releases of Anthology), they use two different wrong variations of the name.

I know that Jim's BMI has a lot of stuff that he shouldn't actually be credited for, so I wouldn't read too much into him having an entry for "Real American". Just another screw-up, like when 20ish copies of every show and PPV name were added to BMI for seemingly every WWE composer and combination of composers.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I guess Jim Johnston is credited for the symphonic version.
At 0:19 on this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIvhCqKQBU0
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Interesting. I didn't even know about that version. That very well could be what the BMI listing is for.