Contacting artists - success or failure?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
PaddyDragon23

Re: Contacting artists - success or failure?

Post by PaddyDragon23 »

DashingOneHD wrote:There's a error on the main site, someone change the singer of Smoke & Mirrors (V2) and End of Days (V5) to Mark Holman, to clarify Mark Holman only sang Anything not those two, yeah, they sound similar, but, we have already confirmed that Sahaj Ticotin sang Smoke & Mirrors (V2) and End of Days (V5), so i think someone it's a bit confused, and i think it should be changed the main site info.
Sahaj Ticotin didn't sing the songs, that's not his voice.
AfroOod

Post by AfroOod »

He just produced the tracks basically.
DashingOneHD

Post by DashingOneHD »

Alexandre wrote:
Leaf wrote:I once asked Sahaj Ticotin about his acknowledgement of "End of Days" and "Smoke and Mirrors" back in late 2011, in which he responded "I sang those tracks, yeah".
Then i don't understand why he said, he sang the tracks. But i guess, you're right...and it's Mark Holman
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

DashingOneHD wrote:
Alexandre wrote:
Leaf wrote:I once asked Sahaj Ticotin about his acknowledgement of "End of Days" and "Smoke and Mirrors" back in late 2011, in which he responded "I sang those tracks, yeah".
Then i don't understand why he said, he sang the tracks. But i guess, you're right...and it's Mark Holman
I do wonder if I misquoted, as I don't have any proof anymore. But I do believe Paddy is right on him being producer on both tracks as he also was a producer at Downstait.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Me contacting Evan Jones a while go was successful in getting a version of that guest host Theme, can't really remember it honestly though.
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

I have been successful in contacting a few artists but have also had my fair share of failure too.

The first artist I was successful with was Mark Hallman. To me this was such a huge feat as I managed to obtain Midnight Express Theme, Bunkhouse Stampede theme and another various track. I did further ask him if he did any further works for NWA/WCW and he sent me 1 last CD with the remaining 4 tracks he did, which included Jimmy Valiant's "The Boogie Woogie Man". When you think none of those themes had been posted before that time I was happy I could help out with exclusive tracks. Since then I have successfully contacted some artists and managed to get other music such as a track by Michael Hayes (Seitz), Jimmy Hart's as well as Steve Siler tracks. There may be 1 or 2 more but I can not recall at the moment (as at work).

It is not quite the same but way before accessing production sites became easy, I was able to join many production libraries and obtain CD's for those that weren't available online.
To get on to BMGMusicSearch.com (the now Unippm but with less libraries - Atmosphere, Koka, Killer, NJJ and few more) was extremely hard. You had to register wait for a call in which they interview you and ask your company is about, what you will use the music for and you had to give your MCPS number (a company which oversees copyright usage in UK). They also said that they may visit my property to assess the music I used. Once you had passed their interview procedure you then had access to their site.
PlayMusicOnline was a little easier but still you had to request access to each library and not get general access to all the libraries. At the time Play had FirstCom, Access Music, Chappell, MusicHouse, KPM and a couple others. This was owned by Zomba.
ExtremeMusic was the same as BMG at the time and no-one on the forums had access at that point. I had to sign up have them call me and again a phone interview style conversation again requesting the MCPS number. They granted me access and was pleasant with me.
About 4 years before AirCraft had their music on their own website you could only preview samples from another site. The only way to obtain their music was to pay $20 per disc, I bought 10-12 discs at that point and posted the used music to all for nothing.
Again before their music was available online I had to the same with Network Music and request CD's from their US office.
I also got De Wolfe to rip "Rattlesnake Whip" for me and got them to send it me on CD.
The same goes for Castle Music, PowerHouse, old FirstCom discs among a couple of other discontinued discs at that time.

There have been more but I just can't recall over the years.
I have failed with obtaining tracks from Non-Stop Custom Music, Turner Music (not the library), Steve Shapiro (who didn't reply) and Brian Arbuckle - he replied but did not have the track he made.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Maybe since they changed themselves to Warner Custom Music you may get a flying chance at it now.
re.

Here is MCT's 2 alternative infos if anybody is up to the challenge of contacting them:

Raison sociale : UNIVERSAL PUBLISHING PRODUCTION MUSIC FRANCE
Catalogue : MUSIQUE CINEMA TELEVISION SARL
16 RUE DES FOSSES SAINT JACQUES
75005 PARIS , FRANCE
01 48 01 93 83

MUSIQUE-CINEMA-TELEVISION SARL
C/O ZFC MUSIC
FIRSTCOM MUSIC PUBLISHING
15040 COLLECTION CENTER DRIVE
CHICAGO, IL 60693
235-4700
chuck.ansel@umusic.com
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

I have a question - has anyone of you ever contacted Josh Ocean (vocalist of TV/TV) for the original demo of "Smoke and Mirrors"? I supposed you could ask the other members of the band but information about them are very little as the disbanded after the "Dashing" gimmick ended for Cody. (EDIT: the other members are Matt Walczak and Doc Holliday, fyi)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Leaf wrote:I have a question - has anyone of you ever contacted Josh Ocean (vocalist of TV/TV) for the original demo of "Smoke and Mirrors"? I supposed you could ask the other members of the band but information about them are very little as the disbanded after the "Dashing" gimmick ended for Cody. (EDIT: the other members are Matt Walczak and Doc Holliday, fyi)
I contacted Josh Ocean on Facebook about two years ago and he just said he doesn't own the rights on the song to release it to the public. I'll try to contact Matt Walczak and Doc Holliday. Good idea.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Alexandre wrote:
Leaf wrote:I have a question - has anyone of you ever contacted Josh Ocean (vocalist of TV/TV) for the original demo of "Smoke and Mirrors"? I supposed you could ask the other members of the band but information about them are very little as the disbanded after the "Dashing" gimmick ended for Cody. (EDIT: the other members are Matt Walczak and Doc Holliday, fyi)
I contacted Josh Ocean on Facebook about two years ago and he just said he doesn't own the rights on the song to release it to the public. I'll try to contact Matt Walczak and Doc Holliday. Good idea.
Have you got success in finding Holliday?. Me not.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hernan wrote:Have you got success in finding Holliday?. Me not.
Not yet.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Hernan wrote:
Alexandre wrote:
Have you got success in finding Holliday?. Me not.
Maybe ask Josh, they are all still friends I suppose.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Here's another member of TV/TV - https://twitter.com/christvtv
He's pretty active there, maybe we can contact him about it.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Leaf wrote:Here's another member of TV/TV - https://twitter.com/christvtv
He's pretty active there, maybe we can contact him about it.
Message sent. Now I cross my fingers for a positive reply.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

Shaman's Harvest are not polite to their fans in the slightest... Some of the nicest artists I have spoke with were KIT Walters, The Score and also Will Roush.
DashingOneHD

Post by DashingOneHD »

RealThemes wrote:Shaman's Harvest are not polite to their fans in the slightest... Some of the nicest artists I have spoke with were KIT Walters, The Score and also Will Roush.
True.
Amber B.

Post by Amber B. »

I try, a lot. I have a ton of UFC songs I'd die to have, I've contacted STEMM and even the guys who supply UFC with their music and have had no reply..
AfroOod

Post by AfroOod »

Gina wrote:I try, a lot. I have a ton of UFC songs I'd die to have, I've contacted STEMM and even the guys who supply UFC with their music and have had no reply..
When dealing with "some" Production companies. They never answer questions about their clients. So don't feel too bad.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

I talked to White Indian's Dave with success on Facebook once. Got a reply and they said they can't release KO Theme as FCW owned the copyrights they don't exist anymore though so who knows what would happen now.