Wrestling Games themes section idea

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
jka12002

Wrestling Games themes section idea

Post by jka12002 »

just a thought, we could add the themes from the past and present wrestling games, you gotta admit the Super Wrestlemania theme was memorable.

here are a few themes that i think could start it out (they are not mp3s, they are vids)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w487iiOwzsQ (WWF Royal rumble sega genesis theme)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FqGLsIIIjN4 (WWF Royal Rumble sega genesis IRS theme)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nFtL_OYY7zw (Sega-ized versions of classic WWF themes)
TerranRich
Site Admin

Re: Wrestling Games themes section idea

Post by TerranRich »

Heh, that last one was posted by none other than our own Red Skull.

Doing such a section would be hard to do, as we'd need to accumulate all the games, including the newer ones, and put up a section of themes for each one. I only own the newer ones, and such a section would be a massive undertaking.

Once I get an Albums section and Video Game BGM/Menu Music section up and running, I'll consider it. :)
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
jumbo pikachu

Post by jumbo pikachu »

If you do decide to put the game music on the site I could rip the music from the games with an emulator.
dillkid2000

Post by dillkid2000 »

I have 1 of the songs from Smackdown! 5: Here Comes The Pain. It was also used as John Cena's 3rd theme from 2002- 2003. I would really like the Smackdown! 2 menu music, and the create a superstar music would be gr8 2.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Here is a link that explains, in detail, how rip themes and music from any PS2 WWE wrestling game: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/589727/26750

I've used that guide, in conjunction with another guide explaining how to replace music, to create my own hacked versions of Smackdown vs. Raw with my own themes and BGM.

I'm going to go ahead and say that, yes, I will be creating such a section on this site in the very near future. If you guys could start ripping music, that would be great. I have a few SVR games (I think 2006 and 2008... I lost the other two), so those won't be necessary.

Obviously, it would be kind of pointless to rip themes that are already on the site. You should, however, rip replacement themes, such as the instrumental remake of Stacy Keibler's "Legs" theme, and Victoria's "All The Things She Said" remake, etc. What's really important are the menu songs and the custom entrance themes.

I'd really love the custom themes from WWF Attitude, which sound pretty cool.
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
Red Skull

Post by Red Skull »

I have the WWF Attitude original themes which I will post when I have time.
jumbo pikachu

Post by jumbo pikachu »

I'll be able to rip the NES, SNES, Game gear, Game Boy, Master System and Mega Drive soundtracks over the coming weeks.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

I'm ripping some of the Attitude soundtrack as I type this. Though not everything came out well. I could use whatever you got.