WWF: The Music Volume #1 (unreleased, not Full Metal) info

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Zube

WWF: The Music Volume #1 (unreleased, not Full Metal) info

Post by Zube »

Hey all,

If any of you have old WWF magazines (circa a year before Full Metal: The Album was released) check out the Merchandise Cataloge. I remember there were 2 issues of the WWF Magazine that had the same "pull out" order form, both had listed "WWF Theme Songs Vol.1" or something similar listed. In one issue it had a price and catalog # listed to order, in the next issue on the order form it had it listed as "discontinued."

I remember calling the Order Line # to order a copy of the cassette after it was listed as discontinued and the operator said it was no longer available due to not passing certain clearances for its release.

Then the next year Full Metal: The Album was released, which everyone dubbed as Vol. 1. Now, I'm not sure if they just held off the release of the original Vol. 1 to pass clearances and released it as Full Metal, or if it was a separate album since the order form never listed any songs or wrestlers on the order form.

Dunno if anyone's mentioned this before. Been out of the theme/wrestling loop for a couple of years, but it might be something to look into.

Zube
Craig

Re: WWF: The Music Volume #1 (unreleased, not Full Metal) info

Post by Craig »

Amazin how I have the magazines from back then and there isnt such a thing, but hey might be in the american one, even though UKs had the american merchandise catalogues in them, as well as Hotlines etc.
TheLostLegend

Post by TheLostLegend »

I think i may have the unreleased album as i have two albums, one titled WWF The Music Volume One and WWF Full Metal, they are apprently meant to be eaxactly the same but when i checked those two albums on my computer they werent the same. Give me a bit and ill upload it for you to check out.
TheLostLegend

Post by TheLostLegend »

This is it, check it out and see if it is in fact actual it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?eju2mzvyylm
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Sorry DJ, that's actually WWF: The Wrestling Album, released in the 1980s.
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
TheLostLegend

Post by TheLostLegend »

Oh okay, ah well
sir robert

Post by sir robert »

8 have been done right?
WrestlingExpert

Post by WrestlingExpert »

I have a 4-disk box set that was released by WWE back in like 1999. The 1st CD is The Wrestling Album that contains songs that were performed by the Superstars themselves. The 2nd CD is Full Metal: The Album. The 3rd CD is WWF: The Music, Vol. 2. The 4th CD is WWF: The Music, Vol. 3.

Disk 1: The Wrestling Album
Disk 2: Full Metal: The Album
Disk 3: WWF: The Music, Vol. 2
Disk 4: WWF: The Music, Vol. 3

In my opinion, this pretty much confirms that Full Metal is technically "WWF: The Music, Vol. 1".

Image Image
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

There isnt as such a Volume 1. A few came out before Volume 2.....
The Wrestling Album, Piledriver (vinyl only), Full Metal, WWF Champions... even We Gotta Wrestle came out a few months before. The timing though would be Full Metal or WWF Champions... same songs different covers.
stumpymcgoat

Post by stumpymcgoat »

If there is a volume 1 it wouldnt be called volume 1