Download all?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
.alex_vik

Download all?

Post by .alex_vik »

Could it be possible to make a "Download All" button and download all the songs on the website in a WinZip file? That would make easier to download themes because you can only download one at a time.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Re: Download all?

Post by TerranRich »

Wow! While a great idea, this would be hell on the servers, creating a workload that might overload them. It'd be good for one or two people, but with the dozens (hundreds?) of visitors we get daily, this might be too much.

Considering we have over 2,100 themes, at an average of 3.3 MB each theme, that's well over 7 GIGABYTES for the entire ZIP file. Even if there are 4 ZIP files, one for each fed, that's still 1-2 GB per ZIP file. Kinda large on the server.

I'm gonna have to say no on this one... for now.
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
.alex_vik

Post by .alex_vik »

Dang, didn't realize there were that many themes.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

I can't think of one sane wrestling fan who would want every single theme on this site/in existence. That's quite a lot of space to take up too. Just go through what you actually want, DL it, and delete it if you don't want to keep it. No reason why Mr. Rich should go out of his way for something superfluous as that.

I know you don't mean any harm but I think the suggestion is a bit much. Besides, XT is updating the site almost every day. What's the point of putting everything in one file where in 24 hours new themes will be up on the site anyway.
.alex_vik

Post by .alex_vik »

Yeah, I realize that that would be hard to do. But I was just wondering if it would be possible. And the thing about taking up space on the computer, I have a lot of space because the only thing I use this computer for is for themes and such. I'm also trying to get as many themes as possible on it, as I already have over 200 themes from you, this website, and some guy on youtube who gave me some old WWF themes.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

How about a compromise? I can make a feature for each wrestler where you can download all of his/her themes, I don't know if this would count "borrowed" themes (like Jeff Hardy using the Hardy Boyz themes), but it's something I could keep in mind for the future.
.alex_vik

Post by .alex_vik »

Hey, if you could do that, it would work great.
Jacobs

Post by Jacobs »

.alex_vik wrote:Yeah, I realize that that would be hard to do. But I was just wondering if it would be possible. And the thing about taking up space on the computer, I have a lot of space because the only thing I use this computer for is for themes and such. I'm also trying to get as many themes as possible on it, as I already have over 200 themes from you, this website, and some guy on youtube who gave me some old WWF themes.
Nice idea, if the server can handle it, then I would say go with it.

Also what you could do is have it where you download PPV packs by the year.

So lets say you wanted all of the PPV themes from 2007. You just go to wherever you have it set up and download that specific zip file and there you have all the 2007 PPV themes Xylot has.
Rudo

Post by Rudo »

well what about a letter pack, with every letter comes a Zip file with all the themes with that Letter (ex: A: gets al snow etc...)
travisecw

Post by travisecw »

Just go here

http://themes.xylot.net/themes/

and use a download manager, you can use something like downloadthemall plugin for firefox.

You go into the folder, right click and say download them all. then you get all the songs. its that simple.

Side note, all the themes on this site sound like shit. 192kpbs 48khz should sound much better. I don't know who here encodes the MP3s but whoever it is you guys should fire him and let someone do it who knows what theyre doing.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

I can't wait until your banned.
.alex_vik

Post by .alex_vik »

ThemeAnthology2350 wrote:I can't wait until your banned.
Who? Me or travisecw?
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

No sir, not you.
travisecw

Post by travisecw »

ThemeAnthology2350 wrote:I can't wait until your banned.
It's you're.

By the way, I happen to actually help out showing people how to download shit and you want me banned?

Nice.

Keep on sharing all these themes you do absolutely nothing to obtain on youtube. You'll just keep getting shut down. You wouldn't be shit if it werent for people like myself who find and obtain stuff CDQ. Im just glad that shit isn't going to be leaked out like it was before.

I still get a kick out of how people are around to suck your e-cock when you haven't done shit but take other crap and upload it to youtube.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

travisecw, how the fuck have you ever helped anybody out? All you do it insult people, and now show people how to get into the server to get themes.

You want to talk about leeching? THAT IS LEECHING. Using up my bandwidth to get themes directly with a download manager is an underhanded, shitty way to go about doing it, and has now earned you a permanent ban from my site. I'm also looking through logs for your IP address and will ban you from even looking at the entire site (but not until you've read this message).

Enjoy your ban, asshole.

Go back to AntDogs and whine and complain to them. We frankly don't want you here.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

To travisecw:

Since your banned it won't make much sense to respond but...here's a rant.

WE the wrestling fan community DO NOT own any of these wrestling themes. WWE, the production companies & co. do. You defending the idea of "You can't share them b/c you didn't illegally obtain them" is like the pot calling the kettle black. At the end of the day the antdogs, the XT's, the fans and the other thousands of forums like this are trying to reach the same goal: own as much themes as possible. I could give a fuck less if Joe Schmo found a thousand unreleased WWE themes in their server, because if he wants to be a dick, not share and brag about it, he better rethink how he lives his life. It's sad and pathetic that people are only withholding things from the public because along the way their name won't be credited, like it makes them feel important. Um...that's how filesharing/the internet works.

Sure I wouldn't have much to upload if it wasn't for the original "hackers" so to speak but people like you aren't worth crediting if you are going to be so stuck up about it. And it's hard to keep track of what everybody finds nowadays anyway, so trying to keep up his null. I do what I do because of chaps like you who motivate me. I got a fanbase b/c I made finding certain songs a little bit easier. Most people would respect that. Antdogs is pretty much shutoff to everybody else...so what's the point?

If antdogs claim to be so sacred why don't they just contact World Wrestling Entertainment and just tell them what we are doing with their copyrighted material.

And I'm tired of the old internet stereotype of "I have a weak argument so I'm going to randomly spell check his comment to look cool". Jesus. /rant end
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You have said, word for word, what I have been thinking for a long time now. I kept hearing about AntDogs and how great it was, but then I learned that it's closed to the public, they're some elite group (or want to think that they are), and they ban people for sharing with the outside world what they find.

And I really do doubt the whole "hacked into the WWE servers to get thousands of themes" story. And that's what it is to me: a story. Unless they provide solid proof, like a handful of CDQ+F themes that we've been searching for for years now, then they're just great bullshit artists and storytellers.

They want to keep their themes to themselves? Fine by me. Because as far as I'm concerned, they don't even exist.