main site loading issue (from mobile)

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
The Franchise

main site loading issue (from mobile)

Post by The Franchise »

Main site isnt loading on mobile devices. Cant get into any of the theme pages. Cant even search. Just has the loading symbol in the middle of the screen. Also, all the images on the sides of the forum page are also gone too. Anyone else having thus issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Facebook.com/FranchiseBrianSire
Youtube.com/@FranchiseBrianSire
The Franchise

Re: main site loading issue (from mobile)

Post by The Franchise »

Issue has been fixed. Thanks
Facebook.com/FranchiseBrianSire
Youtube.com/@FranchiseBrianSire
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Yeah I don't know what happened, but issues like this where images, or the page, won't load, if it's not an internet connectivity issue on your end, it's most likely on HostGator's end (the company that hosts the files this site runs on). Seems they fixed whatever issues they were having. :)
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

I havent been able to use the main site in 2 days in mobile. Hostgator issues again.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

I'd move the site to a new host (even have one in mind), but I would have to move the dozens of gigs of theme MP3s we now have. If this keeps happening, I'll bitch to HostGator about it, even if it runs the risk of them bitching back that we have an immense collection of files that appears to be storage again.
morrisonc66

Post by morrisonc66 »

The caching files probably need to be flushed along with optimizing all SQL tables in your database(s)
Copyright © 2019. AB Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Yeah, a database overhaul is severely needed, and it will be done along with the redesign. I've learned a ton about optimization and efficiency since I first built this site over 6 years ago. This site will be harder, better, faster, stronger... well, not harder... easier to use, in fact.
AfroOod

Post by AfroOod »

Just throwing this out there. But I discovered a little thing while on my iPod Touch while on the main site. The picture of Candice blocks everything when you try to expand/zoom in on the main site. You can't click on anything when you zoom in because the kinda translucent image is blocking almost everything. It's a bit of an annoyance. It's just a minor thing I noticed.
Rudo

Post by Rudo »

AfroOod wrote:Just throwing this out there. But I discovered a little thing while on my iPod Touch while on the main site. The picture of Candice blocks everything when you try to expand/zoom in on the main site. You can't click on anything when you zoom in because the kinda translucent image is blocking almost everything. It's a bit of an annoyance. It's just a minor thing I noticed.
Always been happening to me whenever I tried the site on any mobile apparatus. The left bar is always overlapping the center part, so whenever I try to zoom in to click something on the center the left bar will put itself on top of the main site making clicking and navigating the site a freaking rubiks puzzle. I think it's just how the site is written. If this could get fixed, enjoying the site on mobiles would be so much better.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Yeah, I basically use JavaScript to automatically move the sidebars. I'm sure it's causing some issues with various mobile browsers. Version 7 will not have these issues, I can assure you. I'll just wait until V7 is done, instead of trying to fix these issues. The overall layout of this site is flawed and not well thought-out.