Origin of "Arena Tapes"

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Dasboy

Origin of "Arena Tapes"

Post by Dasboy »

Hello forum! What's the origin of the "Arena Tapes"? Are they taken from the soundboard or something like that. It's way different than the FanClub tapes which are distributed at House Shows. But what about the "Arena Tapes"?
bubbafan2

Re: Origin of "Arena Tapes"

Post by bubbafan2 »

I’ve been in the “theming” hobby for over 20 years, and I remember when certain collections of arena tapes were posted. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the tapes were either taken directly from wrestling venues (for example, the Maple Leaf Garden tapes, which I believe were discarded when the arena transitioned to CDs/digital format) or leaked from WWE and then sold via eBay or between collectors. The arena tape collections are named for the users who originally made them available online (the Godzfire/KNorth tapes, the Zube tapes, etc).

Again, if there’s more to it, I’d love to hear it myself.
TheImpCaiman

Re: Origin of "Arena Tapes"

Post by TheImpCaiman »

I am not sure where I got the one I currently have because my friend was the one who gave it to me with a collection of CDs with just about every theme. On the tape it is blank or appears that way. I am not even sure if it had labeling and wore off or had a sticker or how it was labeled. It was the oddest thing in his WWE themes physical collection he gave me. Some of the themes on this tapes were mostly Attitude themes. The most favorite on the tape for me was Undertaker's "Buried Souls". That is how I obtained that theme long before Uncaged XIV ever came along. For all I really know he could have just recorded it from someone else. The way I figured out it was an Arena Tape is when I was trying to figure out where it came from. When I mentioned the Undertaker Buried Souls theme I had gotten was on a tape that is when someone said more than likely it was an Arena Tape.