The Random Theme Info Thread

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
EddieK
Site Admin

Re: The Random Theme Info Thread

Post by EddieK »

Jerichoholic wrote: March 17th, 2020, 2:45 am I'm not sure if Sasha's new theme is made by CFO$ or DJDTP but Jean posted a sample, look at the description

https://youtu.be/-qMS0SoLsZQ
If true, That's fantastic new releases are coming.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Jerichoholic wrote: March 17th, 2020, 2:45 am I'm not sure if Sasha's new theme is made by CFO$ or DJDTP but Jean posted a sample, look at the description

https://youtu.be/-qMS0SoLsZQ
It's a DJDTP production. Shazam thinks the sample is the original CFO$ release.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Sweet! Hopefully this is the start of more regular releases.
The Fiend

Post by The Fiend »

“Sexy Boy” has been released on Full Metal, Anthology, Raw Greatest Hits, Federation Era, and as a Single (I think that’s everything on iTunes)

Can someone please explain the differences between them please since they’re for the most part different time lengths
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

The Fiend wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:06 pm “Sexy Boy” has been released on Full Metal, Anthology, Raw Greatest Hits, Federation Era, and as a Single (I think that’s everything on iTunes)

Can someone please explain the differences between them please since they’re for the most part different time lengths
A while ago I went through and did lyrics for all the different versions of "Sexy Boy", which is the easiest way to tell the differences. All the releases you mentioned are the version that also includes Jim Johnston. Here is how they break down:

Full Metal: After "Eat your heart out girls / Hands off the merchandise", it just continuously loops the chorus over and over.

Anthology / Federation Era / Single (all the same): After "Eat your heart out girls / Hands off the merchandise", it loops back to the beginning "I think I'm cute, I know I'm sexy" line, plays through to the "Eat your heart out girls..." line, and then loops back again to "I think I'm cute, I know I'm sexy" (though it fades out at this second loop, so you only just hear the first line of the verse).

Raw Greatest Hits: Same as above, just runs longer past the second loop to the "I make 'em hot, I make 'em shiver" line (again fading out at this point so you only hear the first line of the verse).

The unreleased HBK version that he's used since 1993 loops back to the first chorus ("I'm just a sexy boy...") after the "Eat your heart out girls / Hands off the merchandise" line, plays through to the "Eat your heart out girls..." line again, and then loops back to the first chorus again (repeating this loop as needed - he has had quite a few long entrances, particularly at WrestleManias, which makes it easy to tell how the song just loops over and over).

Of course, there are 2 other versions: the original Sherri version and the unused Jim Johnston remake from Vol. 2, both of which each have their own unique set of lyrics.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Chris wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:53 pm
The Fiend wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:06 pm “Sexy Boy” has been released on Full Metal, Anthology, Raw Greatest Hits, Federation Era, and as a Single (I think that’s everything on iTunes)

A while ago I went through and did lyrics for all the different versions of "Sexy Boy", which is the easiest way to tell the differences. All the releases you mentioned are the version that also includes Jim Johnston. Here is how they break down:

Full Metal: After "Eat your heart out girls / Hands off the merchandise", it just continuously loops the chorus over and over.
The Full Metal version is the only one that doesn't loop, the chorus repeats but there's no looping involved (notice the guitar solo at the ending).
This version is a Jim Johnston remix of the Hart/Maguire original, which has only been released in full once (WWF In Your House PS1).

So all go like this:
In Your House PS1 - full Hart/Maguire original
Full Metal - full JJ remix
Anthology - JJ remix loops back to first verse after bridge, fades after 1st loop
RAW Greatest Hits - JJ remix loops back to first verse after bridge, fades after 2nd loop
Federation Era - same as Anthology
Single - same as Anthology
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Nafip wrote: August 10th, 2012, 9:29 am Eric Bischoff's dubbed WCW theme is "Zeppomania A" or "Zeppomania B" by Sonoton Music and the Road Warriors 2nd dubbed theme is the one minute version of "Steelcracker" from the same album.

Is this available?
Facebook.com/FranchiseBrianSire
Youtube.com/@FranchiseBrianSire
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

Has Drago's theme from Lucha Underground ever been identified ?
Tino

Post by Tino »

Im watching the January 15, 2001 episode of Monday Nitro and after Chavo made his entrance for his match against Crowbar, it sounds like Crowbar's theme might have been dubbed over.
Seanicho

Post by Seanicho »

Does anybody from the community back in the day happen to remember where exactly the 2003 192kbps file of Limp Bizkit - Crack Addict came from? I know a lot of people seem to think it came from Limp Bizkit’s MySpace in 2008, but I definitely downloaded it on a theme forum (Sledgehammer maybe?) in 2003 (found it on a back up disk from a little after that time). I thought I remember someone saying back then it was on a promo disk but I can’t find any evidence of that.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I know it was in the Fight Club video game. Perhaps it was a rip from that?
Seanicho

Post by Seanicho »

I don’t think it’s from the Flight Club videogame. The file in that game sounds worse than the 192 mp3. I think the track in the game was in mono too.
Tino

Post by Tino »

Not sure if it was noted, but I'm watching WCW Thunder from March 21, 2001, and it turns out they dubbed over The Filthy Animals' "The Reason"..
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Tino wrote: June 17th, 2020, 7:12 pm Not sure if it was noted, but I'm watching WCW Thunder from March 21, 2001, and it turns out they dubbed over The Filthy Animals' "The Reason"..
Thanks, Tino. I've added the dub to the site.
Agua Moose

Post by Agua Moose »

Seanicho wrote: May 30th, 2020, 7:28 pm Does anybody from the community back in the day happen to remember where exactly the 2003 192kbps file of Limp Bizkit - Crack Addict came from? I know a lot of people seem to think it came from Limp Bizkit’s MySpace in 2008, but I definitely downloaded it on a theme forum (Sledgehammer maybe?) in 2003 (found it on a back up disk from a little after that time). I thought I remember someone saying back then it was on a promo disk but I can’t find any evidence of that.
I think you're right that it was originally uploaded on their MySpace and then shared around on forums.

I uploaded a FLAC version a few years ago in this thread (links still work).
Tino

Post by Tino »

Found this on Reddit, one of Madman Fulton's IMPACT themes?

https://youtu.be/G_mis1g1p6Y

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... urce=share
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Tino wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 9:35 pm Found this on Reddit, one of Madman Fulton's IMPACT themes?

https://youtu.be/G_mis1g1p6Y

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... urce=share
That's his current theme! Thank you!!
Tino

Post by Tino »

Matt Cardona's new Indy theme is titled "When The Lights Go Down" by Downstait, and is available on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3lhJpckh ... &nd=1&nd=1
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

Downstait seem to have good relationships with a lot of wrestlers, too bad their music is so mediocre. Never liked it except maybe the Miz's but it grew on me.
acousticequalizer

Post by acousticequalizer »

Oh good I have a place to ask this. Have Steve Austin or Jim Johnston ever commented on why Austin had so many different themes after his heel turn? Did Steve not like what Johnson had supplied or vice versa? Always thought it was weird how many goddamn variations of themes he had.
Jerichoholic wrote: July 18th, 2020, 4:01 am Downstait seem to have good relationships with a lot of wrestlers, too bad their music is so mediocre. Never liked it except maybe the Miz's but it grew on me.
I haven't liked a single song of their's ever but I guess wrestler's use them because they have a personal band at their disposal. Not everyone can be Triple H and have their favorite band make 3 different theme songs for them.