Staff: 4 Website / database UI quality of life improvement suggestions

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
GodzFire

Staff: 4 Website / database UI quality of life improvement suggestions

Post by GodzFire »

I'm posting here because the hover-over of the description of this section says 'Discussion regarding the site itself':

I have three 'quality of life' improvements I'm wondering if could be implemented on the site:

1- Add a preference to have the 'ThemeInfoBox' (aka the small triangle) be able to be expanded, or have it expanded by default all the time. It's incredibly annoying to have to selectively click each one to get the information I'm looking for because it's hidden, I don't see the point. All it saves is maybe some very minor scrolling. I'd rather have immediate access to the information instead.

Example:

2- For Album / iTunes / Singles pages (like Uncaged XIII for example: https://xylotthemes.com/#!/themes/wwe/uncagedxiii), it would be immensely helpful if the ThemeInfoBox would have the information on the actual theme, instead of then having to do additional manual searches for each entry when trying to look up information. If you didn't want to recopy the theme information (since it would understandably cause needless duplication to keep updated as well), you could at least use the little 'Jump to borrowed listing page' lightning bolts Image that link to the page that has the information. Even that would be a massive improvement.

Just this isn't helpful:

3- It would be extremely nice if the database search would allow for partial searching, or moreover, being able to search for secondary information like song titles. EG: If I search for 'Out From The Shadows' it should come up with a result to Sting's WWE page.

4- Mostly wishful thinking: It would be nice if there was a way to export the theme database information on the website information to an Excel Spreadsheet or Google Sheets document. There was someone here who apparently created and maintains a sheet of the information on Xylot, this name could be @BretC? Here's an older example copy of it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =492179931. Having the option to export something or keep that updated would really be nice.
GodzFire

Re: Staff: 4 Website / database UI quality of life improvement suggestions

Post by GodzFire »

So no to all of this then I guess
max

Post by max »

Number 2 would be a great help IMO. I'm also hoping to search by date at one point in the future, too. That would really help me clear up my own lists.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Should've also PM'd this idea to Terran.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Should've also PM'd this idea to Terran.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Jackson wrote: January 1st, 2021, 8:04 pm Should've also PM'd this idea to Terran.
I don't see anything wrong with him posting this on the forums.
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

None of this ever got implemented I'm guessing.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Was any of this ever looked into or done?
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

GodzFire wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 4:18 pm
1- Add a preference to have the 'ThemeInfoBox' (aka the small triangle) be able to be expanded, or have it expanded by default all the time. It's incredibly annoying to have to selectively click each one to get the information I'm looking for because it's hidden, I don't see the point. All it saves is maybe some very minor scrolling. I'd rather have immediate access to the information instead.
I like the idea of being able to expand all of the info boxes in one click to make it easier to see all the information at once. Piggybacking off of that idea, in order to make it so pages like Undertaker's wouldn't become immensely long to scroll or confusing to look at, perhaps there is a way (I have no knowledge on this sort of stuff so I don't know what's possible) to have the embedded YouTube videos hidden by default or under a different tab in the box. They would still be there, but only visible if you chose to view it.
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

GodzFire wrote: August 15th, 2023, 2:23 pm Was any of this ever looked into or done?
I think the best bet is to wait for the new site layout to go live. Not really much point in doing any work to this version of the site if the new one is supposedly nearing completion. It definitely would be nice if there were more people here with programming/coding knowledge that could maybe run this stuff by Rich in the times he's not around and have it implemented somehow.

My only major issue with the current version of the site is having artists listed twice. Doesn't make sense to me if the artist info is in the info box and just makes the counts look extremely cluttered. Especially when it comes to older wrestlers who used predominantly orchestral music. Those listings are a nightmare to read with the long titles and long artist/composer/orchestra names.