Unknown song from SmackDown! (PS1)

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Christopher

Unknown song from SmackDown! (PS1)

Post by Christopher »

I'm trying to identify this piece of music used in the "SmackDown!" game on the PlayStation 1. I can't for the life of me find where it's used. It's possible that it's unused, but it sounds familiar to me (as in, I've heard it before in the game). If anyone happens to know where this song is used in the game (if at all) and could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!

*link removed*
Nafip

Re: Unknown song from SmackDown! (PS1)

Post by Nafip »

That is the Belt Records & Rankings BGM.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

As far as I know, this is the Belt Records and Rankings BGM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z3CzIdBSzI

I'll see if I can set up my PS2 later and load up the game to double check. I'm fairly confident I checked before and couldn't find it, but I'll take another look when I get a chance.
Tino

Post by Tino »

I believe Katie Forbes' second Impact theme is called "Electro Summer" from the APM Music library.

Album: Electro Party Mix
Artist: Kaptain
Library: APM Music
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Tino wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:49 pm I believe Katie Forbes' second Impact theme is called "Electro Summer" from the APM Music library.

Album: Electro Party Mix
Artist: Kaptain
Library: APM Music
That it is! Thanks, Tino!!
Tino

Post by Tino »

Oops! I totally didn't notice I put that in the wrong thread... I'm sorry, guys!
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Tino wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:43 am Oops! I totally didn't notice I put that in the wrong thread... I'm sorry, guys!
It's fine Tino!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

A little late but I'm watching a SmackDown! video on YouTube and remembered I had made this topic. A little while ago I was able to load up the game but didn't find the unknown song being used. I've even looked at various YouTube videos of people playing the game and still can't find it. The Belt Records and Rankings pages (in my game and others) have the song from the YouTube video. It's not even listed amongst other rips of the game music, I assume because no one else was able to discern what it was used for.

At this point I'm just going to assume it's unused, perhaps either a placeholder during development or just scrapped at some point along the way.