Breaking News: CFO$ is done!

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
ThatGuy

Re: Breaking News: CFO$ is done!

Post by ThatGuy »

NMMan wrote: August 21st, 2019, 8:26 pm https://twitter.com/SpiritMusicGrp/stat ... 5845235713

Gregg Wattenberg co-wrote and produced themes over the last 6 years with CFO$, and also initially recommended them to WWE. Regardless of the professional fate of CFO$, this appears to confirm that Wattenberg's work with WWE will continue.
Well Gregg owns Arcade songs so everything goes through him.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Gregg Wattenberg alone is a Production Music artist so alone his stuff should be less looped.

In fact Wattenberg alone worked with Johnston on his later tracks I think.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

TEOL wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 7:35 am Gregg Wattenberg alone is a Production Music artist so alone his stuff should be less looped.

You are aware that CFO$' outside WWE work isn't looped either? your post was irrelevant.

It's been 7 years since they started and it's been made clear why they loop. There entrance songs for a 40 second entrance. Why have full songs?
TheBigTedbowski

Post by TheBigTedbowski »

ThatGuy wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 8:35 am
TEOL wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 7:35 am Gregg Wattenberg alone is a Production Music artist so alone his stuff should be less looped.

You are aware that CFO$' outside WWE work isn't looped either? your post was irrelevant.

It's been 7 years since they started and it's been made clear why they loop. There entrance songs for a 40 second entrance. Why have full songs?
This is the dumbest thing i've ever read.
Yeah, why bother having effort.
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

Apologism is running wild in Xylot.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

TheBigTedbowski wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 10:45 am

It has nothing to do with "effort". It's called time scales.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Dude, it’s not dumb at all, it’s just that you got used to the comodity of having a music director that was completely dedicated to his time working at his job at that particular company, CFO$ were not directly employed to WWE, they had other projects to work in outside of the WWE, first working with Wind-Up and then working with Gregg at Arcade. They want to make a living out of music, not wrestling, even if they are fans of the product.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

Leaf wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 3:44 pm

Dude, it’s not dumb at all, it’s just that you got used to the comodity of having a music director that was completely dedicated to his time working at his job at that particular company, CFO$ were not directly employed to WWE, they had other projects to work in outside of the WWE, first working with Wind-Up and then working with Gregg at Arcade. They want to make a living out of music, not wrestling, even if they are fans of the product.
Exactly.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

I'm looking forward to more Wattenberg era Jim Johnston Uncaged releases he's first one sounded better than any CFO$ cobbled together installments although for some reason he picked the shortened versions.

Yeah, I've always suspected they have been behind the brickwalling as they had access to the studio so they did the brickwalling on the readily done digitising and released the albums.

There might have been a bit of brickwalling but it was more professional on installment 9.
Nosthern

Post by Nosthern »

max wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 2:40 pm
BenSvR09 wrote: August 21st, 2019, 4:59 pm https://twitter.com/ArcadeSongs/status/ ... 3778000896

In response to WWE announcing that NXT will be coming to USA, Arcade Songs (the music publishing and production company that CFO$ work for) tweeted "Something tells me we’re going to be hearing a lot more @CFOSofficial" So that must mean CFO$ is still writing/producing music for WWE.
You could also take it as a passive aggressive swipe at WWE for getting rid of them, as in you'll be hearing a lot more old CFO themes on USA until WWE replaces them fully.
Exactly.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

So it was just a rumor then. I'll lock this topic up. :)