Breaking News: CFO$ is done!

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Nosthern

Breaking News: CFO$ is done!

Post by Nosthern »

Wow CFO$ is apparently done since April, that makes sense to why we don't get new WWE themes released.
Leaf

Re: Breaking News: CFO$ is done!

Post by Leaf »

Sources, reports, any evidence to back this claim? Just a couple of days ago they got credited (mistakenly anyway) by WWE Music Group for the Fiend song. And regardless of no new releases, they fired Jim Johnston long ago and they still milk money off of his unreleased works... wouldn’t it make sense for them to do the same with CFO$? I mean hell, they burned a big ol’ bridge with JJ and yet here we are. Nonsense.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

This is the earliest reference I can find of someone mentioning it:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1163209137897054211

Of course, it's one of those "I've been told..." deals, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt until there's more concrete proof. Remember when the Uncaged series supposedly ended for good like 3 different times?
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

As much as I do think this is not true, I've wondered it recently.

They aren't active anymore on their Twitter, and recently they just seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. I hope it's bullshit.

What's even funnier is they follow AEW on Twitter.
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

Whether this is true or not, I'm loving the answers on this tweet.

Like this one : https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status ... 7491142657

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now hire back JJ.
wrestlingmixor

Post by wrestlingmixor »

Oh, I was waiting for Cesaro's current theme :mrgreen:

I never had the same thrill when listening to CFO$ themes, last time I listened to a WWE theme like 100 times in a row was with Baron Corbin's last one (and the instrumental version just before), but it was Jim Johnston.
Nosthern

Post by Nosthern »

Just to say something, I see a lot of people don't believe it and if you don't, I understand why. But I want to say that I follow rovert for long time now (he's not a Brad Shepard, lol), and he doesn't look to say wrong or fake informations if I remember right. He also confirmed me what he said in his tweet and I'm not saying we have to believe it at 100%. I'm still trying to get more informations on it.

I also want to say that we have no news from CFO$ for months now, even by people asking them a lot. And back in June, some people noticed months before that Cesaro's new theme had something different compare to how his theme has been made and what CFO$ made in the past but I didn't really looked or thought about it since we thought CFO$ was (or still) here. I also looked for new titles of recent new themes for long times and we still don't have any new titles for recent new themes that looks to be unreleased.

As well, just to be clear, from what we know Mia Yim and Keith Lee NXT Themes are the last themes being made by CFO$, and I saw that people said that what rovert told couldn't be true since Mia Yim theme was released in May. Actually Mia used her new theme for the first time in December 2018, then you know WWE, they don't released their new themes immediatly and can wait a long time to released them, specially that back in January, many unreleased themes got leaked by at least 1 man who posted them on December 27th 2018 if I remember exactly which could the reason why it took many months to release Mia's theme.

It's up to you to make up your own mind.
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

I wonder who did the Cesaro, Murphy or Shirai themes if not CFO$
BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

I'll wait until I hear from John and Mike themselves, saying that they're no longer producing music for WWE before I believe this.
Nosthern

Post by Nosthern »

BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

https://twitter.com/ArcadeSongs/status/ ... 3778000896

In response to WWE announcing that NXT will be coming to USA, Arcade Songs (the music publishing and production company that CFO$ work for) tweeted "Something tells me we’re going to be hearing a lot more @CFOSofficial" So that must mean CFO$ is still writing/producing music for WWE.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

These people who are just jumping on the bandwagon are starting to piss me off. Most of these "journalists" have no idea how the music production works. Saying how "CFO$ don't work with WWE". The contract between WWE and CFO$ is through Arcade Songs. If they're tweeting out about it then I know who I'm believing.
Nosthern

Post by Nosthern »

Yeah from Arcade Songs Tweet, and maybe this tweet is being said cause CFO$ being done with WWE is maybe not official yet, I also don't trust Arcade Songs at 100% specially, but I'm not gonna say why. And when there's more than one person that starts to say CFO$ is done with WWE, specially after many new things for the past few months, there's definetly something that is happening or that happened exactly. They could also be referring to old themes from this tweet.
Then I'm not saying it's confirmed.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I don't trust anyone 100%, but personally I give more credence to a tweet from Arcade Songs referencing CFO$'s music as a sign they are likely still with WWE over some person (or people) on Twitter saying they heard CFO$ was "done with WWE".

If the speculation proves true, I'll gladly admit I'm wrong. In the meantime, until there is definitive, irrefutable proof that CFO$ are no longer with WWE, from a credible (i.e. official) source, I lean towards not believing it.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

Nosthern wrote: August 21st, 2019, 5:28 pm Yeah from Arcade Songs Tweet, and maybe this tweet is being said cause CFO$ being done with WWE is maybe not official yet, I also don't trust Arcade Songs at 100% specially, but I'm not gonna say why. And when there's more than one person that starts to say CFO$ is done with WWE, specially after many new things for the past few months, there's definetly something that is happening or that happened exactly. They could also be referring to old themes from this tweet.
Then I'm not saying it's confirmed.
People constantly saying the same thing is due to the fact they're jumping on one rumour. Wrestling "news" site will jump on anything they think is news, even if they're rumours.
NMMan

Post by NMMan »

https://twitter.com/SpiritMusicGrp/stat ... 5845235713

Gregg Wattenberg co-wrote and produced themes over the last 6 years with CFO$, and also initially recommended them to WWE. Regardless of the professional fate of CFO$, this appears to confirm that Wattenberg's work with WWE will continue.
TheBigTedbowski

Post by TheBigTedbowski »

Well this sucks, that thread title got my hopes up.
Sad to hear that they're probably still working with WWE.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Like a lot of you, I'll believe it when it's 100% from them (CFO$) directly.
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

Too bad, first Spider-Man leaves the MCU and now the CFO$ rumors are false :(
max

Post by max »

BenSvR09 wrote: August 21st, 2019, 4:59 pm https://twitter.com/ArcadeSongs/status/ ... 3778000896

In response to WWE announcing that NXT will be coming to USA, Arcade Songs (the music publishing and production company that CFO$ work for) tweeted "Something tells me we’re going to be hearing a lot more @CFOSofficial" So that must mean CFO$ is still writing/producing music for WWE.
You could also take it as a passive aggressive swipe at WWE for getting rid of them, as in you'll be hearing a lot more old CFO themes on USA until WWE replaces them fully.