How many WWE events have you guys been too?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Randy's drug dealer

How many WWE events have you guys been too?

Post by Randy's drug dealer »

First off, I forgot this site was around somehow I believe it was down for awhile and thought it'd be dead, so thank you for bringing it back to life. This forum was great for a young me looking for themes lol, I may not have much to contribute in terms of rare themes and all but I do like to talk!

So with that I ask how many WWE events have you guys been too? I've been at 52 WWE events going across 6 different states in America.
EddieK
Site Admin

Re: How many WWE events have you guys been too?

Post by EddieK »

I've been to 33 events. All have been in my state (Ohio) and 5 of those were PPVS (Money in the Bank 2015, Fastlane 2016, 2018 & 2019 & TLC 2014). My most recent event was Smackdown Live on April 30th.
wrestlingmixor

Post by wrestlingmixor »

Well, I've been at 6 WWE events here in France, all were live event (never had any TV tapings here). :)
shane82

Post by shane82 »

I have to confess that I have not been to any WWE event so far. Although there were 1994 events in Germany. But then the distance was too far for me, as I was still a child. From 2005, it would have been possible, but I did not have the time and for me it was not as interesting as in the 90s.
These days I would like to go to a Legends or 205 live event :-)
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I've only been to one: WWE Backlash 2004, here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Tino

Post by Tino »

Chris wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:50 am I've only been to one: WWE Backlash 2004, here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
I totally read "Edmonton, Alberta, Canada" in Lance Storm's voice lol
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Tino wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:55 am I totally read "Edmonton, Alberta, Canada" in Lance Storm's voice lol
I was hoping someone would! :lol:
The Fiend

Post by The Fiend »

I lost track, somewhere less than 10?

However I was lucky enough to be able to “work” a House Show one time! I know one of WWE’s security guards and he let me be the guy to take everybody’s entrance gear from ringside to the back. It honestly was the best day of my life!

I think it was 2016? I don’t remember everybody’s stuff I carried but here’s a few off the top of my head:

Alicia Fox’s...uhhh feather thing whatever she used to carry
Bo Dallas’ Bolieve sign
Chris Jericho’s List (a brown clipboard with a blank paper, not the same one used on TV) and scarf
Emma’s gloves & sunglasses
Primo & Epico Puerto Rico pamphlets
Various Jackets
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

I was at every WWE event in the Atlanta area between 2001-2009, including 3 PPVs: Royal Rumble 2002 (third row), Armageddon 2004 (4th row), and Backlash 2007. Also went to Wrestlemania 27, TNA Bound For Glory 2007, and got comps for a NWA event when it was in town.

I saw some interesting stuff live over those years: the formation of the Alliance, Sara Undertaker beating DDP, Rock Concert II, the cage match between Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio at the first Friday Night Smackdown, Booker T literally being kicked out of the NWO, plus Austin, Rock, and Foley messing around with Lilian Garcia after RAW went off the air. That was hilarious.

Favorite event was RR ‘02. Awesome show overall, plus I got to see Mr Perfect in action, who was one of my favorites from when I started watching wrestling in the late 80’s.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Kane wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:32 pm However I was lucky enough to be able to “work” a House Show one time! I know one of WWE’s security guards and he let me be the guy to take everybody’s entrance gear from ringside to the back. It honestly was the best day of my life!
That's awesome!
bubbafan2 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:50 pm I saw some interesting stuff live over those years: the formation of the Alliance, Sara Undertaker beating DDP, Rock Concert II, the cage match between Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio at the first Friday Night Smackdown, Booker T literally being kicked out of the NWO, plus Austin, Rock, and Foley messing around with Lilian Garcia after RAW went off the air. That was hilarious.
Even though I only went to one event, I got to be there for some pretty neat stuff:

- the Heat match between Val Venis and Matt Hardy (might not sound thrilling, but the first match I ever see live being between two guys I was a big fan of from the Attitude Era was pretty cool)
- the debut of Shelton Benjamin's "Ain't No Stoppin' Me" (V1 - aka "The Gold Standard Remix")
- the incredible Orton/Cactus hardcore rules IC title match (a must-watch, in my opinion, if you haven't seen it - far too many good things to point out in such short space)
- Benoit's homecoming as World Champion (I still remember the goosebumps I felt and the intense ovation [loudest of the night by far] when his music hit and he walked out and WASN'T announced as "currently residing in Atlanta, Georgia")
- the awesome triple threat WM20 rematch between HHH, HBK, and Benoit (arguably better than the first)

Another cool thing that happened that day wasn't actually at the show, but earlier that morning I went out for breakfast with my dad and as we're seated at a table near the entrance, he goes "isn't that one of the wrestlers?" Not only was it one, there were 4: Edge (complete with pink/red cast - recognized him first), Christan, Lance Storm, and Hurricane (who I didn't recognize right away till I saw the green hair poking out the back of his hat). I never actually got to meet them (they ended up being seated in the lounge area where they can serve alcohol, and as I was under 18 at the time I couldn't go in), but for a good 30 seconds they were literally only a few feet away from me and I was fangirling so hard.
thebib62

Post by thebib62 »

Was at the first WWE Raw in 2002. Hartford CT. Needless to say I was confused when I saw WWE raw instead of WWF. :|
Smackdown 2003, MSG, NY. Ultimo Dragon debut

and then went to another 4 or 5 houseshows.
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
TheStepUp666

Post by TheStepUp666 »

Not sure at Current Point (Quite a lot in 1 certain Town .. but not the same Arena or Venue!!)
Currently going through Cagematch for a concise (& Detailed list)
All I Can say .... Lots of Tapings (inc. a RAW w/ "The Hoff", Few House Shows, 1 TakeOver (which did inc. a nXt Taping) & a Certain Royal Albert Hall Double Last Year!!

List to Come :P
"I'm worth more than you could know
'Cause all you know is what you see
'Cause you're all blind to who I am
So all you see is a mystery
'Cause I'm PRICELESS!!!"
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Chris wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:41 pm Another cool thing that happened that day wasn't actually at the show, but earlier that morning I went out for breakfast with my dad and as we're seated at a table near the entrance, he goes "isn't that one of the wrestlers?" Not only was it one, there were 4: Edge (complete with pink/red cast - recognized him first), Christan, Lance Storm, and Hurricane (who I didn't recognize right away till I saw the green hair poking out the back of his hat). I never actually got to meet them (they ended up being seated in the lounge area where they can serve alcohol, and as I was under 18 at the time I couldn't go in), but for a good 30 seconds they were literally only a few feet away from me and I was fangirling so hard.
That's awesome! I've met Mark Henry & Byron Saxton at Waffle House after a Raw & Money in the Bank 2015.
wrestlingmixor

Post by wrestlingmixor »

I just remembered, I met some superstars too in Strasbourgn, France and Lyon, France in 2012.

Daniel Bryan is just awesome, such a good guy, have the time to talk, wanted to take pictures with all of us.

Cesaro was also kinda nice, well almost everybody but some had no time (John Cena, CM Punk), some were totally jerks (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton), but I believe that we all have bad days.

It's always to have Primo and Epico drinking at the bar just in front of you etc... such a great experience :D
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

wrestlingmixor wrote: July 17th, 2019, 5:25 am I just remembered, I met some superstars too in Strasbourgn, France and Lyon, France in 2012.

Daniel Bryan is just awesome, such a good guy, have the time to talk, wanted to take pictures with all of us.

Cesaro was also kinda nice, well almost everybody but some had no time (John Cena, CM Punk), some were totally jerks (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton), but I believe that we all have bad days.

It's always to have Primo and Epico drinking at the bar just in front of you etc... such a great experience :D
I’ve met a number of wrestlers at various conventions and other events over the years, but by far the friendliest were Jimmy Hart, Victoria, and Larry Zbyszko.

First wrestler I ever met was when Raven did an autograph signing at the video game store I worked at, as a promotion for the ECW game Hardcore Revolution. I ran down to the KB Toys and bought his WCW figure for him to sign :)
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

wrestlingmixor wrote: July 17th, 2019, 5:25 am Daniel Bryan is just awesome, such a good guy, have the time to talk, wanted to take pictures with all of us.
Not surprised. He totally seems like that type of guy.
bubbafan2 wrote: July 17th, 2019, 11:13 am I’ve met a number of wrestlers at various conventions and other events over the years, but by far the friendliest were Jimmy Hart, Victoria, and Larry Zbyszko.
I've heard nothing but great things about people's experiences meeting Victoria. Everyone who has met her raves about how sweet she is.
Y2Jayne

Post by Y2Jayne »

None, and no concert either. I don't want to pay to be in a noisy, smelly crowd for hours while I can watch/listen to it at home
Funkster

Post by Funkster »

been to 2 house shows, in 2004 & 2005.

got offered a job to work at the Glasgow, Scotland Raw taping a year or 2 back, but turned it down as i hate the current WWE product.
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

As an addendum to my previous reply...

The February 2001 RAW in Atlanta’s Georgia Dome was the first wrestling event I ever attended. IIRC, it was Stacy Carter’s last appearance for WWE. She came out with Right To Censor to start the storyline that led to her quitting shortly after, along with her then-boyfriend Jerry Lawler.

I was invited to attend an ECW show in Atlanta around ‘99 or so, but I turned it down because I hadn’t ever been to a wrestling event at that point and I felt intimidated by the rowdy ECW crowds :lol:
I kinda regret it now, that would have been an awesome experience.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Speaking of almost going to an event, I remember back in 2000 there was a SmackDown show scheduled in Edmonton that my dad was going to try and get tickets for, but unfortunately they cancelled the show before tickets ever went on sale. Considering how awesome that period of time was for wrestling, particularly WWF, I have no doubt that had the show happened and I was able to go, it would have been probably the best thing to happen to 10-year-old me.

Later that year, I did get to see Survivor Series 2000 in a movie theater (the theater at West Edmonton Mall had a deal with WWF where they would air PPVs live, or at least the big 4), which was probably the next best thing to actually going to a show.