Small Suggestions

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
IAmNeomic

Small Suggestions

Post by IAmNeomic »

I've gathered a number of small suggestions that will make the site and it's listings look more professional. I'm not sure how far off V7 of the site is, but since we have no timeline, I'll go ahead and list some things regarding the look of the site.

- Replace old header logo with the new one from the forum.
- Too many clashing colors. The site really needs a more uniform color palette.
- Replace "YouTube Proof" with "Reference".
- Possible instating a dark/night mode. The bright white of the site can sometimes be a little irritating at night. And for those of us on mobile, it can also save battery.
- When using the Red site theme, the boxes become like a bright red color with white text, making them hard to read.
- A space for album arts; maybe even an A/B/C selector for releases that have multiple covers like updated WWE logos, or in Sin Cara's case, totally new designs. Maybe even include some of the better custom album arts people submit?
Christopher

Re: Small Suggestions

Post by Christopher »

I can't speak for Rich as I know nothing about the actual design of the site and how it works on the back-end, but I think the main reason we have "YouTube Proof" is because the site is only set up to embed YouTube videos, hence why you'll see Dailymotion or other video sites put into the notes as a "Proof of Usage" link. The site would have to be changed to allow any sort of proof in that field, at which point I think a change to "Reference" or similar wording would be warranted. For now, I think "YouTube Proof" works based on how the site is set up.

I find the "Green/Gold" color scheme works well, with a dark background and easy-on-the-eyes colors. I agree that other themes aren't that great.

Other than that, I agree with your other points.
thebib62

Post by thebib62 »

IAmNeomic wrote: October 26th, 2018, 6:37 pm
- Possible instating a dark/night mode. The bright white of the site can sometimes be a little irritating at night. And for those of us on mobile, it can also save battery.
Only OLED displays.
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

thebib62 wrote: October 26th, 2018, 7:22 pm
IAmNeomic wrote: October 26th, 2018, 6:37 pm
Only OLED displays.
Hence "can". Not "does". Tons of phones now use OLED and AMOLED displays now since they're super cheap to manufacture.