Question about official theme names

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
bubbafan2

Question about official theme names

Post by bubbafan2 »

I've been trying to figure out which WWE theme names are considered the "correct" ones. There's so much variation it's really hard to use one source as the definitive end-all-be-all, and I'm not sure if one kind of source has precedence over another (for example, official ITunes release over Fan Club Tape).

I've always known D'Lo Brown's Vol 4 theme as "Danger at the Door", but now it seems to be called "The Real Deal".
DX's theme was "Break It Down" on Vol 3, but now is called "Are You Ready".
Ted Dibiase's theme was "Million $ Rap" on the Fan Club Tapes, but was released as "It's All About the Money" on Anthology and ITunes.

So, does one source take precedence? Are all titles acceptable and theme gurus like us are free to use whichever one we like best? (I hate theme names that are just the wrestler or group, like "Goldust" or "Demolition", and I will use an alternative if available, like "Demolition Daze" or "Out of the Fire (V1)" for Kane's first theme.
WFMashUpz

Re: Question about official theme names

Post by WFMashUpz »

I think that it's because of Jim Johnston's BMI page
New titles were discovered there, so people consider them official
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I think it all comes down to personal preference. I usually just leave official releases tagged as-is, and then for things like game rips I just usually use the titles from each track's first official release (unless unreleased, then I leave it with no title).
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

For D'Lo's "The Real Deal" themes there was one, the very first one that in the song D'Lo ( sure it it him singing it ) actually says: "You Know that it is Danger At The Door." All the other versions of the song have that line cut out of them. So in my count The Real Deal V1 isn't the 1st version and I call it Danger At The Door.
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

Ok, I’m glad to hear general consensus is that it’s up to me which titles I use. WWE is so inconsistent with the titles anyway that who knows what the real titles are. Even JJ’s BMI lists multiple titles for the same track.
TheImpCaiman wrote: August 29th, 2018, 10:53 pm For D'Lo's "The Real Deal" themes there was one, the very first one that in the song D'Lo ( sure it it him singing it ) actually says: "You Know that it is Danger At The Door." All the other versions of the song have that line cut out of them. So in my count The Real Deal V1 isn't the 1st version and I call it Danger At The Door.
That’s a very good point. It’s definitely possible that “Danger at the Door” was the original title and it wasn’t changed for Vol 4 even though the song had changed. I think I’ll start naming them that way too.
Alex

Post by Alex »

bubbafan2 wrote: August 30th, 2018, 8:20 pmIt’s definitely possible that “Danger at the Door” was the original title and it wasn’t changed for Vol 4 even though the song had changed.
I'm sure about that.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

The Real Deal is the one for Lo Down and the remixed version for his latest solo.