CFO$ Claiming to Own Rights to Jim Johnston songs now?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
chambersja

CFO$ Claiming to Own Rights to Jim Johnston songs now?

Post by chambersja »

So I'm checking my uploads and I see this on a Jeff Hardy EndeverAfter No More Words Alternate Version video:

https://youtu.be/AjY18ljdbMY

Have you noticed this anywhere else?
This is very strange news.

Has anybody found listings of Jim Johnston songs changed to CFO$ on any of the following:
UMPI, CMRRA, WWEMusic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christopher

Re: CFO$ Claiming to Own Rights to Jim Johnston songs now?

Post by Christopher »

I don't think that's CFO$'s doing, probably just a screw up on the part of WWE Music Group. No More Words is still credited to Johnston on CMRRA, for example.

https://web.cmrra.com/song%20lookup/son ... enDocument
chambersja

Post by chambersja »

Okay hope so just was wondering if anybody noticed it else where.
And I thought it was because usually the copyright info on youtube should be correct.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

It should be correct, but WWE Music Group isn't perfect. I remember recently someone pointed out that when the system picked up Lance Storm's WCW theme, it was still erroneously titled "Natural Born Thrillers" as it was when released on The Music of WCW. As long as they get their money, WWE Music Group probably isn't too fussed about the credits being perfect.
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

Aren’t some of Jimmy Hart’s songs listed on Jim Johnston’s BMI page?
Anyway, yeah it’s happened before. Pretty much par for the course when it comes to theme credits.