Question about a track on WWE: The Music Of WCW

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Tino

Question about a track on WWE: The Music Of WCW

Post by Tino »

Okay, ever since i started listening to the album a few years back, i came across the track titled "MIA". When i first listened to the song, i wondered, who the hell is "MIA?" I wondered if it was a rare women's theme, then i realized there was no woman in WCW that went by such name. Fast forward to Mania 34, hours before the show started, my former best friend's girlfriend bought the Network so we could enjoy 6 hours of old school before the actual show started. Anyway, we watched a few episodes of WCW 2000, and when the show started, i heard a familiar sound (and was highly disappointed) when Rection and Cajun came out to wrestle Storm and Skipper. I haven't watched the Network in over a month, so The question is...thats the Misfits Dubbed theme, no?
Christopher

Re: Question about a track on WWE: The Music Of WCW

Post by Christopher »

According to their count, their dub theme is a production theme: https://xylotthemes.com/#!/themes/wcw/mia

As far as I know, the song on "The Music of WCW" wasn't used.
Tino

Post by Tino »

Interesting. I must have heard different when i watched the shows. Huh.

Oh well, thank you for the info, Chris.

Here's to hoping for an official release of the OG MIA theme, plus Chavo's last. (This is a huge most wanted for me.) One day.
TheStepUp666

Post by TheStepUp666 »

Not to confused w/ the Singer M.I.A (of Paper Planes & Bad Girls fame) Tino :lol:

The WCW Music Was Never Used (Nowhere near the OG "War" Edwin Starr ripoff = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-eb60BMH3Q

Surprised there has not been a follow up .... 4 YEARS Later
Talk of Themes that could have been released - The Mamalukes (which someone in Style Battle has used in this current year!!) Kronik (w/an ending) & the proper Vince Russo theme
(I SWEAR TO GAWD!!! :lol: :lol: )
"I'm worth more than you could know
'Cause all you know is what you see
'Cause you're all blind to who I am
So all you see is a mystery
'Cause I'm PRICELESS!!!"
Tino

Post by Tino »

Is that the full song you just posted, StepUp? I was curious because I've never heard the song with an ending..the ones i would usually listen to would have fade outs or last just over 1:00 with no ending and in terrible quality. Oh man. Imagine if we had this much luck in the 90s and early 2000s.

Off topic: Am i the only one who thinks "Pretty Pretty Baby" would have fit The Count Of Three even better than "Can't Get You Outta My Heart"? "Can't Get You Outta My Heart" was perfect for the trio, however i watched the Turnertron with the former, and was blown away with just how everything went so well together. From the dancing to the chorus, everything. Then again, I'm unsure if "Pretty Pretty Baby" was even a thing in 2000-2001. I love (some) cheesy boy band love songs, so it was definitely no surprise that this became one of my favorites, almost immediately.
The only thing that could have made it even more epic would have been if Jimmy Hart sang both songs. "Hung Up On You" makes me laugh so hard, i can only imagine what it would be like if he sang "Pretty Pretty Baby" and "Can't Get You Outta My Heart".
TheStepUp666

Post by TheStepUp666 »

Tino wrote: May 29th, 2018, 10:55 pm Is that the full song you just posted, StepUp? I was curious because I've never heard the song with an ending..the ones i would usually listen to would have fade outs or last just over 1:00 with no ending and in terrible quality. Oh man. Imagine if we had this much luck in the 90s and early 2000s.

Off topic: Am i the only one who thinks "Pretty Pretty Baby" would have fit The Count Of Three even better than "Can't Get You Outta My Heart"? "Can't Get You Outta My Heart" was perfect for the trio, however i watched the Turnertron with the former, and was blown away with just how everything went so well together. From the dancing to the chorus, everything. Then again, I'm unsure if "Pretty Pretty Baby" was even a thing in 2000-2001. I love (some) cheesy boy band love songs, so it was definitely no surprise that this became one of my favorites, almost immediately.
The only thing that could have made it even more epic would have been if Jimmy Hart sang both songs. "Hung Up On You" makes me laugh so hard, i can only imagine what it would be like if he sang "Pretty Pretty Baby" and "Can't Get You Outta My Heart".
Don't think so (just a really good Edit)
"I'm worth more than you could know
'Cause all you know is what you see
'Cause you're all blind to who I am
So all you see is a mystery
'Cause I'm PRICELESS!!!"
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

MIA off of WWE: The Music of WCW still gets me to this day as well. I saw Chavo Guerrero had 2 themes called MIA Theme and MIA Theme 2 that are remakes based on the song War and MIA on the album sounds nothing close to that. Major Cajun (spelling ?) is the closest one.