Question for admins/techs about "Notes"

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Christopher

Question for admins/techs about "Notes"

Post by Christopher »

Even though Xylot hasn't hosted files in a few years, I still run into themes with notes like:

- (username) edit
- recording edit
- purchased by (username)
- ripped from/provided by (source)

I've usually just skimmed over these notes and figured they would get taken care of in due time, but as I run into them more and more I start wondering: should I be leaving a comment about those notes when I run into them so they can be removed? Is it even a concern of the admins/techs, or would it just be a waste of time?
Alex

Re: Question for admins/techs about "Notes"

Post by Alex »

Just a personal opinion, but maybe we could keep the source of unreleased themes. For example: "Can be found on DVD menu of *title*" ; "Used by *wrestler name* on *title* video-game" ; "Only released on arena tapes". That would be an easy way for everyone to know where the themes are from.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I agree with that. It just has to be worded in a way that avoids confusion. Right now some are listed with a note like "ripped from (video game)", which I know is from back when the site hosted files and was more about noting where the original file was from. Something like "used by (wrestler) in (video game)", as you are suggesting, would be better to denote where the song was unofficially released.
Papa Faf
Site Admin

Post by Papa Faf »

If you come across any mentions of "purchased by", "ripped by", "edited by", or similar notes, please comment and flag it to bring it to our attention and we will take care of it.
Xylot Themes Admin: March 14th, 2015 - Present
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Will do. Thanks, FafAngryProphet.