Questions about "With My Baby Tonight" music-video

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Alex

Questions about "With My Baby Tonight" music-video

Post by Alex »

WWE recently uploaded Jeff Jarrett's music video of "With My Baby Tonight", and after listenning and watching it for hours (because I love it), a bunch of questions about the song and the video itself came to my head.

Careful!: If you don't want to get a headache, don't read the following text (lol). But if you're as curious as me (I'm the kind of guy who wants to know everything about the music I like), let's get in the things.

According to wrestlingmedial.ws, the first release of the song was the cassette single, on July 1995. And, if I'm correct, Jeff Jarrett's music-video was aired in 1995 too.
  • At the very begining of this music-video, we can see the sign of Manny's Car Wash, New York City, saying:
    Today - Jeff Jarrett
    Thursday - Magic Slim
    Friday - Blue in the Face

After doing some researches for these dates, it appears that the only Thursday I could find Magic Slim on concert at Manny's Car Wash in 1995 was on on May 25th. However, I can't tell if the band Blue in the Face played the following day (Friday, May 26th, 1995). From this, Jeff Jarrett was supposely playing "With My Baby Tonight" on Wednesday, May 24th, 1995.

I also compared the music-video with videos and photos from Manny's Car Wash and it looks like it was the same place. But, I couldn't find anything related to Jeff Jarrett / WWE appearence at this place.

I also noticed the logo of Manny's Car Wash, New York City on the girls' shirts from the WWE's music-video is totally different to the one we can see on flyers or anywhere else.

So, what do you think ? Fake logo due to rights / ownership of Manny's Car Wash ? Or simply an early / different logo design ?
  • Also, at the end of the video, the credits are very weird.
    "With My Baby Tonight"
    Jeff Jarrett
    CD: Ain't I Great!
    Redeye Productions

I can't find anything about this CD nor that Redeye Productions company. The song belongs to WWE (Stephanie Music Publishing), so, fake credits ?
Now, about the song. Only a few random questions.
  • I heard many things about Road Dogg / Jeff Jarrett singing the song... But, finally and for real, is Jeff Jarrett really singing the version we all know ? Or is this Road Dogg, and then Jeff Jarrett is only on playback on the video ?
    And, just a little point about the story of this song: if I recall correctly, it was during an interview, Jim Johnston said he originally wrote this song for his wife.
  • Who are the girls singing chorus ? They sound very similar to the ones on "The Dudester" from WWF Anthology album.
  • I remember a short studio video with Jim Johnston and Road Dogg talkind about "With My Baby Tonight", does anyone know the date of this, please ?
He we go, I hope some hardened fans can help me out. Feel free to tell me what you think about my thoughts. Any help will be very appreciated (and thank you if you have read everything lol).
Christopher

Re: Questions about "With My Baby Tonight" music-video

Post by Christopher »

Alexandre wrote: February 20th, 2018, 4:44 pm And, just a little point about the story of this song: if I recall correctly, it was during an interview, Jim Johnston said he originally wrote this song for his wife.
He mentioned this on the recent Sean Mooney podcast. He had written the song for his wife, and when they needed a country song for the whole Jeff Jarrett/Road Dogg deal Jim offered up "With My Baby Tonight".
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

I never thought a song would come up lots of questions haha.

I think RedEye Productions is either a very small company that nobody cared to back it up on the Internet or it is a fake company. I remember on a video CHIKARA upload of one of Tim Donst's music videos from his album "Reflections: Old Memories of a Young Lion", the music record was credited as BDK Records, in reference to Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes, which was a faction Donst was part of.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Chris wrote: February 20th, 2018, 5:01 pm
Alexandre wrote: February 20th, 2018, 4:44 pm And, just a little point about the story of this song: if I recall correctly, it was during an interview, Jim Johnston said he originally wrote this song for his wife.
He mentioned this on the recent Sean Mooney podcast. He had written the song for his wife, and when they needed a country song for the whole Jeff Jarrett/Road Dogg deal Jim offered up "With My Baby Tonight".
Yes, thank you! :)
Hernan wrote: February 20th, 2018, 7:55 pm I never thought a song would come up lots of questions haha.

I think RedEye Productions is either a very small company that nobody cared to back it up on the Internet or it is a fake company. I remember on a video CHIKARA upload of one of Tim Donst's music videos from his album "Reflections: Old Memories of a Young Lion", the music record was credited as BDK Records, in reference to Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes, which was a faction Donst was part of.
To be honest, I never thought this song could bring me so much questions lol.

So, maybe the credits from WWE's music video are a reference to something related to Jeff Jarrett, or as you said, a very small company (and maybe even a CD that finally never came out).