Questions about WCW Nitro theme

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Christopher

Questions about WCW Nitro theme

Post by Christopher »

I was browsing Craig's WCW site earlier and I noticed that the original Nitro theme is now being listed as "Fire Storm (a)" (TSM1012). (Obviously not the track of the same name used by Gregory Helms in WWE.)

For years it was assumed to be "Monday Night Nitro Theme" by Jonathan Elias, based on that one ASCAP listing, but it appears it may actually have been a production track all along.

I Googled the catalog number but came up with nothing, and I don't know enough about production music to even know where to start looking.

Hopefully Craig eventually sees this and can help clarify this mystery, or perhaps someone else knows: Is there any more information on the track available? Composer(s)? Album name? Library?
bfkp

Re: Questions about WCW Nitro theme

Post by bfkp »

Just saw that too. Hopefully Craig or someone else sheds some light. Would be great to finally find that track.
Christopher

Re: Questions about WCW Nitro (and now Sting) theme

Post by Christopher »

I also noticed he lists Sting's Hart/Helm theme as "Dark Knight" (Starrcade 1997) and "Dark Knight V2" (all subsequent shows). If this is actually the name of the theme, it would definitely be nice to have that confirmed. Much better to have an actual song title other than just "Sting Theme", in my opinion.
bfkp

Post by bfkp »

I asked someone who would know about this. The Monday Nitro theme is indeed called Fire Storm (a) and has been found, but won’t be shared. Apparently it cost $800 to obtain; I wasn’t even given the name of the production library so I could see about it myself. So there’s that.

Also, Sting’s crow theme is for sure titled Dark Knight.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Thanks for the info. It's great that it has finally been found after all these years but I wasn't even really concerned about it being shared, just focused on the information. Knowing something is better than nothing.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Jonathan Elias only entry is WCW Monday Nitro Cues. Can be any tracks from Nitro even Firestorm but BG cues listings are generic terms for multiple tracks possible from this artist. The real titles of course if a production theme refference are those titles in the same peoples repertorys that do not have BG Cues as the name just a normal title.

Benard Arcadio and André Ceccarelli has both Owen Hart's A Rus Da Soul and Damien's Glenn Rock cross refferenced as WCW BG Cues as an all in 1 title on ASCAP too. :lol:
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

ACE Repertory Work ID 430562420 specifically says "MONDAY NIGHT NITRO THEME" , not cues, which is why I think for so long everyone (including myself) assumed it was Jonathan Elias who composed the theme. Craig-UK's site, and bkfp above, say otherwise, but we only have a title at this point. More confirmation would be nice, but there seems to be a lot of secrecy with theme titles and information these days.
AndyGibsonTV

Post by AndyGibsonTV »

Christopher wrote: February 2nd, 2018, 12:05 am I was browsing Craig's WCW site earlier and I noticed that the original Nitro theme is now being listed as "Fire Storm (a)" (TSM1012). (Obviously not the track of the same name used by Gregory Helms in WWE.)

For years it was assumed to be "Monday Night Nitro Theme" by Jonathan Elias, based on that one ASCAP listing, but it appears it may actually have been a production track all along.

I Googled the catalog number but came up with nothing, and I don't know enough about production music to even know where to start looking.

Hopefully Craig eventually sees this and can help clarify this mystery, or perhaps someone else knows: Is there any more information on the track available? Composer(s)? Album name? Library?
Anyone know what's library "Fire Storm (A)" belongs to?
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

No further information has ever been shared by those who know. In fact, the sharing of theme information has become increasingly secretive since I posed these questions in 2018.
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

"Fire Storm (a)" was false information that was provided to myself by a reliable source at the time, this was wrong and I can confirm the theme is by Jonathan Elias. I never trust what is on ASCAP or BMI, as many composers write many tracks but they aren't always used, so there will be many unused registered tracks.
acousticequalizer

Post by acousticequalizer »

It's wild that we still know so little about such an iconic song.