Hello (or, V7 Stuff!)

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
EddieK
Site Admin

Re: Hello (or, V7 Stuff!)

Post by EddieK »

A thing I would like to see is the update log being more in-dept to what's been edited/added.
Like instead of it being:
AfroOod edited Devil Rocker’s 2nd AAA theme (Jan 5, 2018 at 6:24:34 am)
It could be like:
AfroOod edited YouTube Proof/Date Used/Long Note/etc. for Devil Rocker’s 2nd AAA theme (Jan 5, 2018 at 6:24:34 am)
Papa Faf
Site Admin

Post by Papa Faf »

EddieK wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:04 am A thing I would like to see is the update log being more in-dept to what's been edited/added.
It could be like:
AfroOod edited YouTube Proof/Date Used/Long Note/etc. for Devil Rocker’s 2nd AAA theme (Jan 5, 2018 at 6:24:34 am)
I agree with this. It would be nice to be able to see exactly what was changed.
Xylot Themes Admin: March 14th, 2015 - Present
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Jackson wrote: January 4th, 2018, 6:02 pm Thank you founder. :D I think I posted this before but I'd like a feature added that provides more thorough info on a theme.

Alternate title(s)/source
Length:
Complete track y/n? Is it full or is this the best length available?
Official release: CD/Digital
or
Unofficial release: Leak (ex MLG tapes)/DVD/Game/entrance video/Youtube/website stream (soundcloud/myspace)

For ex when you choose game, you can enter which game the theme came from like the album field.

Look forward to any and all changes.
I do believe most of these things are unnecessary.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
Papa Faf
Site Admin

Post by Papa Faf »

Hernan wrote: January 5th, 2018, 3:00 pm
Jackson wrote: January 4th, 2018, 6:02 pm Thank you founder. :D I think I posted this before but I'd like a feature added that provides more thorough info on a theme.

Length:
Complete track y/n? Is it full or is this the best length available?
Official release: CD/Digital
or
Unofficial release: Leak (ex MLG tapes)/DVD/Game/entrance video/Youtube/website stream (soundcloud/myspace)

For ex when you choose game, you can enter which game the theme came from like the album field.

I do believe most of these things are unnecessary.
I agree with Hernan. I wouldn't mind a field specifically for alternate titles, but the rest of that seems like overkill, it's not really needed.
Xylot Themes Admin: March 14th, 2015 - Present
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

::takes a deep breath::
  • XYLOT THREADS — Oh, definitely. I loved this idea when you first thought of it, Faf, and I still want it to happen. Maybe having it be part of Version 7 is a better idea than having it its own separate site.
  • CURRENT CHAMPS — Absolutely. This is very easy to do. I was going to add it to V6, but it's a low priority.
  • TITLE HISTORIES — Yes. It shall be done.
  • TELEVISED RESULTS — Yep, this is already in the plans.
  • WRESTLER MEMORIAL — A memorial section would be nice. I was even think of using Bootstrap's Cards component for this somehow. Maybe a page of them, one card per deceased wresler.
  • PHOTO GALLERIES — Not too difficult to do. Just assign an image field where each wrestler can have more than one, and give admins and/or techs the ability to upload them. I might even create a new forum membership tier just for people who want to help out with non-technical stuff (like galleries, results, keeping the Memorial up to date, etc.).
  • BIOGRAPHICAL INFO — Easy to do. This can be attached to each wrestler, or even PPVs, shows, etc. Just a paragraph or two about the entity.
  • EXPANDED BLOGS — I do want more users (other than just admins) to have the ability to author blog posts. I agree with Faf's vision of having a blog that rivals those of WhatCulture, etc.
  • ALBUM ARTWORK — Having album artwork for each theme entry is a great idea. Hell, each theme could have its own page if we wanted it...
  • TV MATCH GRAPHICS — Yep, we can do that. I see it as a lower priority than most of the other items on this list, however, and so it might be done later on in the process.
  • IMPROVED SEARCH — Yeah, Chris, the current search functionality is custom-coded and isn't very robust. It'll basically be redone with Drupal's software, so this should already be a part of V7. Similarly, I will make sure that wrestlers and their teams/stables will be linked properly, including through search. I can also expand the search categories and functionality to include other pieces of information.
  • NAMING CONSISTENCY — This is a good point, Chris. Right now, admins/techs manually enter in certain pieces of information (such as album title, artist info, etc.), and so it's not consistent. With Drupal, I plan on having everything be an "object" in the site, so even an album will have its own page, maybe with each track linking to its theme entry — similarly, artists can have their own bio pages, too. Man, the sky's the limit!
  • COPY TITLE TO CLIPBOARD — I almost didn't understand what you were asking at first, thebib62. But I understand, and I love this idea. Just a little "Copy Title to Clipboard" button would be perfect. I can do this sometime this weekend for V6, but it will definitely be in V7. Hell, it could even be customizable in V7 (select which info to include, and which to omit).
  • ADDITIONAL FIELDS — Alternate title(s), length (for released themes), and release type are great ideas for new data to keep track of for each theme listing. I'm making a note here, for myself, to have it so that (like you said) if you choose "Game" as a release source, you have to choose which game. And I don't think these are overkill or unnecessary at all. The more data, the better, I always say! (Well, I say now...)
  • BETTER ADMIN LOGS — You got it, EddieK! In fact, Drupal might handle this on its own (or, if not, with an add-on module).
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
AfroOod

Post by AfroOod »

EddieK wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:04 am A thing I would like to see is the update log being more in-dept to what's been edited/added.
It could be like:
Yeah would be awesome.

I would like a checkbox thingie on which theme is currently being used. Also a search that sorts production music from mainstream music.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

I second a separate search for production music.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

TerranRich wrote: January 5th, 2018, 7:31 pm
  • ADDITIONAL FIELDS — Alternate title(s), length (for released themes), and release type are great ideas for new data to keep track of for each theme listing. I'm making a note here, for myself, to have it so that (like you said) if you choose "Game" as a release source, you have to choose which game. And I don't think these are overkill or unnecessary at all. The more data, the better, I always say! (Well, I say now...)
I'll explain this in a better, detailed way. The issue with the lenght is that it is not necessary as the only thing you need to do is to put the album and/or source and wham! bam!, you got the lenght.

I'm not sure about the type of releases would be benefitial. I mean, if you're talking about single, EP, album, mixtape, etc., I would agree with that. Now, if we're talking about vinyl, CD and/or digital download, then I don't like the idea. I really don't think it's truly necessary at all to say "this song was released on a CD" or something like that. Maybe I misunderstood the concept.
AfroOod wrote: January 7th, 2018, 2:42 am I would like a checkbox thingie on which theme is currently being used.
I like the idea. However, it'll only work for major promotions in my humble opinion. 75% of the independent companies hold shows once a month (or twice in some occasion), some don't have a regular schedule and others held a show once a year. I vote for your idea although I wouldn't use it but I know you'll find it useful.

Jim

Post by Jim »

I don't know if this has been suggested, but I would like an option to search the name of themes just like how you search the name of wrestlers. Type in the name of the theme and it would show how many wrestlers have used that theme and the promotions it was used in. For example, Droz's theme was used by multiple wrestlers (Man Mountain Rock, Furnas and Lafon). It'd be cool to look up how many wrestlers shared a theme with each other.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Jim wrote: January 9th, 2018, 6:33 am I don't know if this has been suggested, but I would like an option to search the name of themes just like how you search the name of wrestlers. Type in the name of the theme and it would show how many wrestlers have used that theme and the promotions it was used in. For example, Droz's theme was used by multiple wrestlers (Man Mountain Rock, Furnas and Lafon). It'd be cool to look up how many wrestlers shared a theme with each other.
Something like this?

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I have an idea that kind of goes along with noting in theme counts where each song comes from.

I think it would be nice if there was a way to see on an album listing which version of the song was released, and perhaps even if it was ever used or not. For example, the search for "Pierced" that Hernan linked to shows there are 6 different versions of the song but only V5 was released (on Uncaged IV). Perhaps there could be a way to have it show on the listing for Uncaged IV that the release of "Pierced" was V5 used by Droz and Brian Christopher.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Chris wrote: January 9th, 2018, 1:07 pm I have an idea that kind of goes along with noting in theme counts where each song comes from.

I think it would be nice if there was a way to see on an album listing which version of the song was released, and perhaps even if it was ever used or not. For example, the search for "Pierced" that Hernan linked to shows there are 6 different versions of the song but only V5 was released (on Uncaged IV). Perhaps there could be a way to have it show on the listing for Uncaged IV that the release of "Pierced" was V5 used by Droz and Brian Christopher.
I thought that not listing the album would be clear to state it hasn't been (unofficially) released. That's why I normally link YouTube, SoundCloud, etc., etc.

As for listing the version used in the album. I'm not sure about that. I think it's enough with listing the version used for the count. I wouldn't mind having a tag for "unreleased" stuff for the major companies fans.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Hernan wrote: January 9th, 2018, 12:16 pm
Jim wrote: January 9th, 2018, 6:33 am I don't know if this has been suggested, but I would like an option to search the name of themes just like how you search the name of wrestlers. Type in the name of the theme and it would show how many wrestlers have used that theme and the promotions it was used in. For example, Droz's theme was used by multiple wrestlers (Man Mountain Rock, Furnas and Lafon). It'd be cool to look up how many wrestlers shared a theme with each other.
Something like this?
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of! This would be such a cool feature to have on the new site.
StreetProfit

Post by StreetProfit »

Please can we have a source category. It would work similar to how I listed it below.
Source could be a DVD, Game, WWE Network Show, etc.

Title: "Bad Dream"
Artist: Jim Johnston
Used: WWE vs. ECW: Head to Head (June 7th, 2006)
Source: (PlayStation/Xbox - SmackDown vs. Raw 2010)

Title: "The Horror"
Used: Survivor Series 2005
Source: (PlayStation/Xbox - SmackDown vs. Raw 2007)

Title: "Viva La Raza"
Used: Raw (April 17, 2000)
Album: WWE: Anthology
Source: (Disc 2 - Viva La Raza: The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero)
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

It would be nice have have actual dates next to PPVs, so when we're using the info to fill out metadata, we don't have to Google the PPVs to see the dates.

Also, maybe format the information closer to an ID3 tag?
Artist: Jim Johnston (with Lord Akim Allah)
Title: You Can Run
Album: ThemeAddict - WWE The Music, Vol. 6
Date: Survivor Series (November 17, 2002)
Genre: Hip hop/Rap
Composer: Jim Johnston
Comment: Originally available as bonus track download on WWEAnthology.com
That also gives you wiggle room for orchestral tracks where the artist may be different from the composer, like a Beethoven track being performed by The APM Orchestra or something. Or if there's a track that has a few alternate titles, you can note them in the comments too.

You could even add the option to click a button and copy the info to your clipboard, and paste it in the ID3 tags.

Last edited by IAmNeomic on February 4th, 2018, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

MrBrightside1189 wrote: February 4th, 2018, 2:00 pm It would be nice have have actual dates next to PPVs, so when we're using the info to fill out metadata, we don't have to Google the PPVs to see the dates.
Yeah, I've talked about to my teammates a few months ago and they all agreed with me.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

MrBrightside1189 wrote: February 4th, 2018, 2:00 pm It would be nice have have actual dates next to PPVs, so when we're using the info to fill out metadata, we don't have to Google the PPVs to see the dates.

Also, maybe format the information closer to an ID3 tag?

That also gives you wiggle room for orchestral tracks where the artist may be different from the composer, like a Beethoven track being performed by The APM Orchestra or something. Or if there's a track that has a few alternate titles, you can note them in the comments too.

You could even add the option to click a button and copy the info to your clipboard, and paste it in the ID3 tags.
I second these ideas!
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

Rich, did you end up taking down the v7 style guide? I actually never got a chance to check it out.
chambersja

Post by chambersja »

This please!
I am sorting themes still and I need to know the sources.

Also can you list if something is an edit of the iTunes release.
For example Shinsuke Nakamura 1st WWE The Rising Sun Album: Edit of iTunes single
or even Notes: Edit removes first 5 seconds of iTunes release. Or something along those lines instead of listing a theme as

Artist: CFO$ feat. Earl Maneein
Album: WWE: The Rising Sun (Shinsuke Nakamura) - Single
Used: SmackDown Live (December 5th, 2017)
Notes:
Song starts at the 00:21 mark.

Try

Notes:
WWE Edit removes first 21 seconds of itunes release.

===================

Also the idea posted earlier to list themes how we would name them in our collection and even a copy button would be great.
But windows doesn't allow certain characters in the file names so idk how it would work.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

chambersja wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 3:09 pm Also can you list if something is an edit of the iTunes release.
For example Shinsuke Nakamura 1st WWE The Rising Sun Album: Edit of iTunes single
or even Notes: Edit removes first 5 seconds of iTunes release. Or something along those lines instead of listing a theme as

Notes:
Song starts at the 00:21 mark.

Try

Notes:
WWE Edit removes first 21 seconds of itunes release.
Isn't enough enough when you put in the the name of the single release on the album? Plus, if you distrust if this is either the iTunes version or not, just compare the original/unedited audio with the edited one. Plain and simple.