BMG Licensing - I need some help.

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Triaxis

BMG Licensing - I need some help.

Post by Triaxis »

I bought a license of Brock's 1st Theme "About to Be Broken" (iTunes Download) and I really don't know what to do.

Can someone guide me on this?

It would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.
StreetProfit

Re: BMG Licensing - I need some help.

Post by StreetProfit »

There are four licenses I know of. I know because of Warner Chappell Music's licensing, but BMG only lists one and because I have never purchased with them, I can't tell you which.
Here are the four licenses as proof on a song: http://www.warnerchappell.com/song-deta ... 95e4a9ca53

Here is the list of four:

Master - A master license gives the license holder the right to use a recorded piece of music in a media project such a film, TV show, commercial or another visual creation or audio project.
Mechanical - A mechanical license gives the license holder the rights to reproduce and distribute copyrighted musical compositions (songs).
Print - A print license gives the license holder the permission to print the sheet music, notes, or lyrics of a song that someone else wrote.
Sync - A music synchronization license is a music license granted by the holder of the copyright of a particular composition, allowing the licensee to synchronize ("sync") music with some kind of visual media output.

Hope this helps. And I think BMG would tell you what license you have purchased.