Question about WCW's "Heartbeat Away"

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Christopher

Question about WCW's "Heartbeat Away"

Post by Christopher »

Please excuse me for asking this again, but I figured it might be more likely to be answered here than on a random listing page.

In the booklet for the "Christmas Brawl" album, three names are credited for the song "Heartbeat Away": Hart / Maguire / Yankey. Who is "Yankey"? I've only ever seen this name in reference to this song, and I've never seen a full name anywhere or any indication of who they are.

Does anyone have any insight? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
BenSvR09

Re: Question about WCW's "Heartbeat Away"

Post by BenSvR09 »

I've never heard of this "Yankey" person before. I haven't seen that name credited on any other Jimmy Hart themes. The only two names I've ever seen credited alongside Jimmy Hart on wrestling themes are J.J. Maguire and Howard Helm.

What makes this even more odd, I checked ASCAP to see if I could find out this "Yankey" person's full name and if he/she has done any other work, and according to the ASCAP Repertory, "Heartbeat Away" was written by Jimmy Hart and Howard Helm. No mention of "Yankey" or J.J. Maguire.

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/sea ... /381761193

So I'm not sure which information is correct.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Based on one of Craig's older posts that listed every known WCW Hart track, it is Hart/Maguire. Things like ASCAP/BMI/etc. aren't 100% accurate, and I trust Craig's information.

Like you, I've yet to see this "Yankey" attributed anywhere else for any other track, so I don't know. The CD booklet isn't completely error-free (for example, it lists the members of Public Enemy in the credits for Disco Inferno's song, which is one track earlier than Public Enemy's, which I'm guessing was a botched copy/paste), so maybe it's an error?
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

You are wondering for Yankey but I'm wondering more for Petty and Durham of Disco Inferno's song. I guess they did the vocals but that's just an educated guess.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Those are the real last names of the Public Enemy. Rocco Rock is Petty, Johnny Grunge is Durham. It seems they were mistakenly added to the credits of Disco's song, one song earlier, perhaps due to a botched copy/paste.

It's the same as how DDP and Konnan are credited by their last names for their respective themes as well (Falkinburg and Ashenoff, respectively) because of their voices being on the track.

The only unknown name is "Yankey".
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

cjh wrote:Those are the real last names of the Public Enemy. Rocco Rock is Petty, Johnny Grunge is Durham. It seems they were mistakenly added to the credits of Disco's song, one song earlier, perhaps due to a botched copy/paste.
That proves once again that I shouldn't reply while I'm half asleep. :lol:

*EDIT*

I was more familiar with the surname Petty because of the IWA: Mid South tournament held once a year (Ted Petty Invitational - formely Sweet Science Sixteen) but since I'm not familiar with Grunge's last real name and the Petty name next to it. I didn't think about that for a little bit.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)