Did THQ really use Beast's ReMake...?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
thebib62

Did THQ really use Beast's ReMake...?

Post by thebib62 »

I remember when WWE 13 came out, and it was revealed that the nation of domination was in the game. I remember some users on this forum said that the nation of domination theme that was in the game was actually the remake that beast made. But I don't know if that was actually the truth or was a joke.

So I'm just curious, did they actually use his remake in the game?
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
BenSvR09

Re: Did THQ really use Beast's ReMake...?

Post by BenSvR09 »

The Nation of Domination theme used in WWE '13 is the real deal. It was Beast's remake of Mankind's Ode to Freud/Schizophrenic remix from "Rock Bottom: In Your House" that was used as Mankind's entrance music in WWE '13 as part of the "Attitude Era" story mode, in a playable version of Mankind's match with The Rock at said PPV event.

I'm not sure why a remake was used, but my guess is that they couldn't get a hold of the real track from WWE because it was lost or misplaced.

EDIT: Here's footage of Mankind's "Rock Bottom: In Your House" entrance from WWE '13 where you can hear Beast's remake (Skip to 2:23.)

Alex

Post by Alex »

BenSvR09 wrote:It was Beast's remake of Mankind's Ode to Freud/Schizophrenic remix from "Rock Bottom: In Your House" that was used as Mankind's entrance music in WWE '13 as part of the "Attitude Era" story mode, in a playable version of Mankind's match with The Rock at said PPV event.
This remix was made by ibukimasta: http://www.ibukimasta.com/RemiXeZ-ReMaK ... mAsTa).mp3
thebib62

Post by thebib62 »

So was either creator contacted by WWE or THQ about using their works in the game?
I'm curious if either user was compensated for using their track in the game.
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
Alex

Post by Alex »

thebib62 wrote:So was either creator contacted by WWE or THQ about using their works in the game?
The original track is owned by WWE and was probably recreated without asking for permission, so I doubt WWE or THQ would pay for using it.
BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

Alexandre wrote:
BenSvR09 wrote:It was Beast's remake of Mankind's Ode to Freud/Schizophrenic remix from "Rock Bottom: In Your House" that was used as Mankind's entrance music in WWE '13 as part of the "Attitude Era" story mode, in a playable version of Mankind's match with The Rock at said PPV event.
This remix was made by ibukimasta: http://www.ibukimasta.com/RemiXeZ-ReMaK ... mAsTa).mp3
Yeah, that's right. I think was one of the later WWE games that used one of Beast's remakes IIRC.
thebib62 wrote:So was either creator contacted by WWE or THQ about using their works in the game?
IBUKI wasn't wasn't contacted about the use of his remake.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

I don't know but if I was the guy that made the remake and WWE uses it in one of their games without my permission, I would sue them.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

Hernan wrote:I don't know but if I was the guy that made the remake and WWE uses it in one of their games without my permission, I would sue them.
If IBUKI filed a lawsuit, he wouldn't win the case. First of all, IBUKI doesn't have a copyright on the sound recording. Second, IBUKI's remake of the Schizophrenic remix was created, using the original Schizophrenic track, which WWE owns the copyrights to. If IBUKI filed a lawsuit against WWE and/or the makers of WWE '13, stating that they used his track without his permission, WWE could counter-sue, stating that he used their track without their permission. It's not worth the time or the money to file a lawsuit.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

BenSvR09 wrote:
Hernan wrote:I don't know but if I was the guy that made the remake and WWE uses it in one of their games without my permission, I would sue them.
If IBUKI filed a lawsuit, he wouldn't win the case. First of all, IBUKI doesn't have a copyright on the sound recording. Second, IBUKI's remake of the Schizophrenic remix was created, using the original Schizophrenic track, which WWE owns the copyrights to. If IBUKI filed a lawsuit against WWE and/or the makers of WWE '13, stating that they used his track without his permission, WWE could counter-sue, stating that he used their track without their permission. It's not worth the time or the money to file a lawsuit.
You're right, I won't deny that. I understand that it's a fan remix of a WWE song, whose copyrights belongs to them. However, I'd be pissed off if I learned they used one of my own creations.

Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Hernan wrote:
BenSvR09 wrote:
You're right, I won't deny that. I understand that it's a fan remix of a WWE song, whose copyrights belongs to them. However, I'd be pissed off if I learned they used one of my own creations.
...but he used recordings and a track originally composed BY Jim Johnston. None of what he created was composed or originated from him other than the stock instruments/effects used to recreate the track. Ibuki's works are more like covers or remixes. Not only did he not ask for permission to sample any of JJ's work, but he put it up for DL as well. He doesn't have a case to stand on.

Either way, it was VERY strange for Yukes to use a non legit WWE track. WWEMusic most likely lost the original when contacted for the track. We didn't know it was possible then, but based on Uncaged III having new remade tracks, it seemed probable. They could have used the original Schizophrenic track instead but they didn't so I have a theory.

The music director for the WWE games department within Yukes who is responsible for acquiring the WWE tracks for the game either:
A. Contacted WWEMusic for the Schizo remix and upon finding out it wasn't available, downloaded the Ibuki track online and inserted into the games files as a placeholder, not knowing the original was released on Anthology years ago.

B. Contacted WWEMusic for the Schizo remix and upon finding out it wasn't available, downloaded the Ibuki track online from YouTube not knowing the track was a fake, then inserted into the games files.

Either way it was a careless oversight (which isn't a big deal) or done intentionally (maybe the guy was a knowledgeable fan of that time period, and wanted the accurate theme). If anything, it was a compliment for Ibuki to have his mix showcased proving that he did a decent job. Now we just need a WWE 2k game that features Owen Hart, with Beast's Nation remake (since you know, WWE lost that). :D
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Jackson wrote: ...but he used recordings and a track originally composed BY Jim Johnston. None of what he created was composed or originated from him other than the stock instruments/effects used to recreate the track. Ibuki's works are more like covers or remixes. Not only did he not ask for permission to sample any of JJ's work, but he put it up for DL as well. He doesn't have a case to stand on.

Either way, it was VERY strange for Yukes to use a non legit WWE track. WWEMusic most likely lost the original when contacted for the track. We didn't know it was possible then, but based on Uncaged III having new remade tracks, it seemed probable. They could have used the original Schizophrenic track instead but they didn't so I have a theory.

The music director for the WWE games department within Yukes who is responsible for acquiring the WWE tracks for the game either:
A. Contacted WWEMusic for the Schizo remix and upon finding out it wasn't available, downloaded the Ibuki track online and inserted into the games files as a placeholder, not knowing the original was released on Anthology years ago.

B. Contacted WWEMusic for the Schizo remix and upon finding out it wasn't available, downloaded the Ibuki track online from YouTube not knowing the track was a fake, then inserted into the games files.

Either way it was a careless oversight (which isn't a big deal) or done intentionally (maybe the guy was a knowledgeable fan of that time period, and wanted the accurate theme). If anything, it was a compliment for Ibuki to have his mix showcased proving that he did a decent job. Now we just need a WWE 2k game that features Owen Hart, with Beast's Nation remake (since you know, WWE lost that). :D
You utterly misunderstood what I've initially said, which doesn't surprise me. If I was the person that made the remix (yes, I know the original composition, recording, blah blah blah belongs to Johnston), I would be pissed off. That's what I was trying to say all along.

Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Hernan wrote:
Jackson wrote: ...but he used recordings and a track originally composed BY Jim Johnston. None of what he created was composed or originated from him other than the stock instruments/effects used to recreate the track. Ibuki's works are more like covers or remixes. Not only did he not ask for permission to sample any of JJ's work, but he put it up for DL as well. He doesn't have a case to stand on.

You utterly misunderstood what I've initially said, which doesn't surprise me. If I was the person that made the remix (yes, I know the original composition, recording, blah blah blah belongs to Johnston), I would be pissed off. That's what I was trying to say all along.
I know I'm late to this but yes I can understand if you're creation was used without your permission that it would make you justifiably upset. If it were me though I'd would have been slightly honored, but I don't write or produce music so... ;)

And the reason why I brought up the other stuff was because of you're earlier post:
I don't know but if I was the guy that made the remake and WWE uses it in one of their games without my permission, I would sue them.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Jackson wrote: I know I'm late to this...
You're right.

StreetProfit

Post by StreetProfit »

Beast wasn't featured in the credits and the song wasn't either. They skipped over it.
https://youtu.be/WGvCAtC12GA?t=8m29s
BeastNation

Post by BeastNation »

I'm late on this as well. Saw this a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure I could say anything. Lemme clear up some stuff here and say none of my remakes were ever featured in these games. Especially not WWE '13. Thought we covered this (about Mankind/NOD) back in late 2012 when that game was released.