What do you mean by WWE Network Dub Themee

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
ajitkrsingh04

What do you mean by WWE Network Dub Themee

Post by ajitkrsingh04 »

Can any body explain me the meaning of WWE Dub theme
the fragile

Re: What do you mean by WWE Network Dub Themee

Post by the fragile »

WWE mutes the original theme songs and most of the time mute the entire audio on WCW, ECW and whatever else they have on WWE Network and add in random production songs or songs they've already made.

Such as most WCW shows with Jericho feature his debut WWE theme in place of his WCW theme, which was production any way.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

They do this to save money on licensing fees to artists/production companies. Also some songs are discontinued (no longer for sale).
BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

the fragile wrote:WWE mutes the original theme songs and most of the time mute the entire audio on WCW, ECW and whatever else they have on WWE Network and add in random production songs or songs they've already made.
Or in the case of wrestling shows where the music doesn't play very loud, they'll just play the dubbed track right over the original audio.
Jackson wrote:They do this to save money on licensing fees to artists/production companies.
As an example, WWE used many songs by mainstream artists from the mid to late 1980s, whether it was as entrance music for Superstars (e.g. "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor for Hulk Hogan) or PPV Themes (e.g. "Easy Lover" by Philip Bailey & Phil Collins for WrestleMania) or bumper music. For WWE to be able to make these shows available on WWE Network or on DVDs with the original mainstream songs left intact, they'd have to pay hefty licensing fees for each track that played. Rather than pay the licensing fees, they'll dub the mainstream songs over with production library music, which is much cheaper to license, or they'll dub them over with tracks that they own the rights to and avoid paying a fee altogether.
Jackson wrote:Also some songs are discontinued (no longer for sale).
That shouldn't matter. Cactus Jack's WWF theme, "Whole Lotta Groove," is discontinued, but it was still able to be licensed for use in the WWE 2K games.
Last edited by BenSvR09 on November 21st, 2017, 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
thebib62

Post by thebib62 »

What always confused me were the production songs in the games that were replaced with other production songs. Like Booker T’s theme song being replaced with another production song like the Hardy’s theme song being replaced with another.
I’m not sure why though songs were replaced with another generic production song. What’s the point?

They have to pay royalties to accompany whether they choose one production song or another so I don’t know why they would go through the trouble of trying to replace it.

A perfect example is the Hardy boys music and smack down shut your mouth. The regular Hardy boys theme which is a production song was replace with another production song.
Just doesn’t make sense to me no one has ever been able to clearly answer that question for me.
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
the fragile

Post by the fragile »

The funniest aspect of that is, when they replace a song with another off the same production album.
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

thebib62 wrote:What always confused me were the production songs in the games that were replaced with other production songs. Like Booker T’s theme song being replaced with another production song like the Hardy’s theme song being replaced with another.
I’m not sure why though songs were replaced with another generic production song. What’s the point?

They have to pay royalties to accompany whether they choose one production song or another so I don’t know why they would go through the trouble of trying to replace it.

A perfect example is the Hardy boys music and smack down shut your mouth. The regular Hardy boys theme which is a production song was replace with another production song.
Just doesn’t make sense to me no one has ever been able to clearly answer that question for me.
Those songs aren't production, THQ hired Bradley Royds to do those tracks. He's basically just a musician for-hire.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Jackson wrote:Also some songs are discontinued (no longer for sale). That shouldn't matter. Cactus Jack's WWF Theme, "Whole Lotta Groove," is discontinued, but it was still able to be licensed for use in the WWE 2K games.
True, MCT may be discontinued for previewing music, listening and buying the hard copy CD's.

But however it's still fully open to lisencing including probably being handed the copies of your lisenced tracks through email ie. 2K's way of getting a track from it. It's probably also the only ever way somebody is ever going to get a hold of Glenn Rock for us and even that depends on sucess of getting a lisence via email and paying for the damn track to be emailed to ya.

MUSIQUE-CINEMA-TELEVISION SARL 1
Contact Info
(310)235-4700
chuck.ansel@umusic.com
C/O ZFC MUSIC
FIRSTCOM MUSIC PUBLISHING
15040 COLLECTIONS CENTER DRIVE
CHICAGO, IL 60693