Looking for feedback on JJ's movie soundtracks

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Christopher

Looking for feedback on JJ's movie soundtracks

Post by Christopher »

Back in 2010/2011, a few soundtracks from various WWE Studios films that Jim Johnston composed for were released on iTunes. They have always been in my wish list, but I've been more focused on completing my theme collection than buying soundtracks for movies I never saw. (I got out of wrestling for a few years, and only about 2-3 years ago did I start re-building my wrestling music collection.) At this point, these soundtracks are the only iTunes releases by Jim that I don't have, minus a few singles that were removed over the years before I started re-building my collection, but I digress.

What I'm looking for is feedback on these soundtracks. Has anyone here listened to any of them? Are they worth the purchase? Are there any standout tracks on any of them? Any sort of input would be greatly appreciated.
Alex

Re: Looking for feedback on JJ's movie soundtracks

Post by Alex »

cjh wrote:Back in 2010/2011, a few soundtracks from various WWE Studios films that Jim Johnston composed for were released on iTunes. They have always been in my wish list, but I've been more focused on completing my theme collection than buying soundtracks for movies I never saw. (I got out of wrestling for a few years, and only about 2-3 years ago did I start re-building my wrestling music collection.) At this point, these soundtracks are the only iTunes releases by Jim that I don't have, minus a few singles that were removed over the years before I started re-building my collection, but I digress.

What I'm looking for is feedback on these soundtracks. Has anyone here listened to any of them? Are they worth the purchase? Are there any standout tracks on any of them? Any sort of input would be greatly appreciated.
Along the years, I became a huge fan of Jim Johnston's music, wrestling related or not.

I buy each and every track/album that is released to support him, and also because I always like the music he compose. I have these soundtracks, I like them, even if I'd have prefered if some tracks were produced and performed by himself. But the best way for you to make a good decision is to watch these movies or listen to the samples that are available on Itunes.

Also, if you're looking for other songs from WWE Studios, some were released beside. For example, "Death Is My Best Friend" was featured in the movie "No One Lives" and released in "WWE: Undertaker - From the Vault". Sahaj Ticotin's version of "It's Too Late" was never officialy released but he posted it on Youtube. By the way, it seems like JJ owns the songs from "No One Lives" because all tracks are registered from "Thirdmeadow Music" and he owns it.

Back in 1989, JJ also composed a very good soundtrack for "No Holds Barred". The only song officialy released was the ending title "No Holds Barred" in "WWE: Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1". This soundtrack was composed, produced and performed by JJ himself and is very cool. It was never released officialy, however, a promo cassette exist with a few tracks but is very hard to get.

He also plays the guitar on "The Condamned" soundtrack.
Christopher

Re: Looking for feedback on JJ's movie soundtracks

Post by Christopher »

Thanks for your feedback!

I also try to buy as much of Jim's music as I can. At this point the only thing released on iTunes that I don't have are a bunch of singles that are the exact same as what has already been released on albums (and a few that were removed before I started buying WWE's releases on iTunes).

I'm glad to hear you like them, which gives me hope that I will since we're both huge fans of his music. I have listened to samples on iTunes, but I was just looking to see what others who have actually listened to them in full thought.

That's interesting to hear about the music from "No One Lives". I would seek out all these movies to watch, but that seems a bit easier said than done (and not cheap, either). The ones that soundtracks have been released for aren't on iTunes themselves, which would be ideal since renting movies is usually only a few bucks each.

Thanks again, and I hope others who have listened to them will chime in.