If you could ask Jim Johnston a question?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Raptor

If you could ask Jim Johnston a question?

Post by Raptor »

As the title says..

If you had the opportunity to personally ask Jim Johnston only ONE question, what would it be??

Thinking this could be a great thread as to what everyone would want to be answered by the man himself :)
thebib62

Re: If you could ask Jim Johnston a question?

Post by thebib62 »

I always had two questions.
"How do you feel about making tons of music that your fans enjoy, but rarely have the chance to properly enjoy listening to?"
"Why do you choose to add curse words into some theme songs when they will be censored anyways? i.e. Rodney Macks "I don't care"
I don't care
You mother f*ckers say what you want
Cause if it's me against the world
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
bubbafan2

Re: If you could ask Jim Johnston a question?

Post by bubbafan2 »

thebib62 wrote:I always had two questions.
"How do you feel about making tons of music that your fans enjoy, but rarely have the chance to properly enjoy listening to?"
"Why do you choose to add curse words into some theme songs when they will be censored anyways? i.e. Rodney Macks "I don't care"
I don't care
You mother f*ckers say what you want
Cause if it's me against the world
I think the "add swear words just to censor them" thing is just to bring the music in line with regular commercial music. But I'd be curious to hear JJ's response. There's many others, like Ezekiel Jackson's "Domination" and Stephanie McMahon's "All Grown Up"

Anyway, what I'd like to ask JJ (in a respectful way) is, what is the point of releasing remixes on albums when it's easy enough to just throw the actual arena version in there instead? They've been doing that since the days of Full Metal, where Shawn Michaels' and Hakushi's themes were not arena versions (though I understand that HBK's was remixed to make it stereo).