Your most wanted themes growing up

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
thebib62

Your most wanted themes growing up

Post by thebib62 »

One of the first themes I ever remember loving was Too Cool's "U Look Fly 2 Day", when I bought Vol. 5, I was really let down that it was "Turn It Up". Never liked that Theme.

Forceable Entry was a massive let down for me. Since most of the tracks on the album were not being used at the time. The 3 songs that saved it for me was Taker, RVD and EDGE's themes being on there.

Other themes I loved growing up were Big Show's theme. Way before I knew about the CD volumes, I had recorded a random entrance of Big Show on Raw is War just to hear his theme when I wanted. Then I got Vol 4.

I loved (and still do) APA's theme, and I remember being so shocked when I heard my friend download their "Protection" theme from WinMX. I was very jealous at that time.

Those are some of my most wanted themes growing up, what about you?
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
BenSvR09

Re: Your most wanted themes growing up

Post by BenSvR09 »

I never had any most wanted themes when I was growing up. I was happy enough just hearing the various entrance themes that were in the WWF video games that I played as a kid. I didn't care that they didn't play in full. I will say this, though... I remember playing WWF SmackDown! 1 & 2 on PS1 and wishing that some of the entrances were a bit longer so I could hear more of their themes and see more of their entrance videos. Also, I always hated how the entrance themes on WWF WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy for the Nintendo 64 were sped up about 2% and how they were made to loop so quickly, even with themes that didn't normally loop. Al Snow's "Scurry" theme is the worst on N64...
Alex

Post by Alex »

"It's Too Late" always been my favorite and most wanted entrance theme and the reason for why I love so much the music now.
"Pain" was also my most wanted song when I first heard it. I remember I was very happy when the WWE.com entrance video was released, even more when Vol.9 was released (my first WWE CD), but I always prefered the quality of the SvR 2010 rip that sounds more close to the arena version.
Great American Bash 2004 is also a very catchy rock theme that I want since long time, same for Bam Bam Bigelow 1987 / Prime Time Wrestling 1992, and Sweet Home Alabama to conclude. These 3 themes are the ones that I really really want for now.
RareTradU

Post by RareTradU »

My most wanted was always Big Van Vader's WCW Theme. I probably had a dozen edits of it for years before the production track was finally found and released. When I finally got a CDQ copy I literally said "That's it, I'm done. Themeing is complete." :D :lol:
Tino

Post by Tino »

WinMX. There's a name I haven't heard in years.
Craig-UK

Post by Craig-UK »

RareTradU wrote:My most wanted was always Big Van Vader's WCW Theme. I probably had a dozen edits of it for years before the production track was finally found and released. When I finally got a CDQ copy I literally said "That's it, I'm done. Themeing is complete." :D :lol:
You're welcome :) but I wouldn't want people to stop themin just cause of a find. I am still looking and still finding themes.

Growing up I always wanted Big Boss Man's, Beverly Brothers, oddly Bushwackers and Gobbledy Gooker. I did watch WCW back then but not as much as WWF.
Media-Man

Post by Media-Man »

Give me Dean Malenko's,Finlay Irish rock theme, Kennedys Turn up the trouble v1, and my themeing journey will end :) .
BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

Craig-UK wrote:
RareTradU wrote:Growing up I always wanted Big Boss Man's, Beverly Brothers, oddly Bushwackers and Gobbledy Gooker.
Three out of four ain't bad.
max

Post by max »

thebib62 wrote:One of the first themes I ever remember loving was Too Cool's "U Look Fly 2 Day", when I bought Vol. 5, I was really let down that it was "Turn It Up". Never liked that Theme.

Forceable Entry was a massive let down for me. Since most of the tracks on the album were not being used at the time. The 3 songs that saved it for me was Taker, RVD and EDGE's themes being on there.

Other themes I loved growing up were Big Show's theme. Way before I knew about the CD volumes, I had recorded a random entrance of Big Show on Raw is War just to hear his theme when I wanted. Then I got Vol 4.

I loved (and still do) APA's theme, and I remember being so shocked when I heard my friend download their "Protection" theme from WinMX. I was very jealous at that time.

Those are some of my most wanted themes growing up, what about you?
Do you remember a segment on Smackdown (maybe) where Too Cool went to a club and Scotty held up a copy of Volume 4, handed it to the DJ, and the three of them danced to their theme? I bought that album thinking that theme was on it.. was kinda mad afterwards.

As for me, I definitely remember really liking Cactus Jack's theme a lot.. later when I got into theming I was after the best sounding Narcissist theme I could find. Somebody posted a noise-reduced and EQ'd version on one of the old forums but it wasn't great work. I think originally it was on one of the MLG tapes. Years ago somebody else uploaded them all one his private site but I missed them. I'd still like to find lossless copies one day, if they exist.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Thanks to the Uncaged series, many of my most wanted themes have now been released. If I had to pick my number one, it would be "My Time (Instrumental)". While there are other themes I would argue I was more obsessed with at certain points in time, "Higher Brain Pattern" (which is how I always referred to it) is the one I have wanted for the most amount of time on a consistent basis.

A sampling of others that were "Uncaged" that made up my most wanted list, in no particular order, are: "Viva La Raza", "Posse", "Guard", "Lie Cheat Steal", "Urban Cowboy", and "Is Cooking".
VoiceS

Post by VoiceS »

Rev Theory - Voices. When I first heard that piano I thought Snitsky got a new theme, but apparently it was Randy Orton coming out to it. Then after 2 matches he got injured and the theme wasn't released for months. I had to listen to the same shitty recordings until he made a cameo at the Million Dollar thing that Vince did and got rickrolled on live tv. Then Randy returned, SvR2009 released and the song got better, and finally Volume 9 came out and the pain was gone.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

VoiceS wrote:Rev Theory - Voices. When I first heard that piano I thought Snitsky got a new theme, but apparently it was Randy Orton coming out to it. Then after 2 matches he got injured and the theme wasn't released for months. I had to listen to the same shitty recordings until he made a cameo at the Million Dollar thing that Vince did and got rickrolled on live tv. Then Randy returned, SvR2009 released and the song got better, and finally Volume 9 came out and the pain was gone.
Your username makes sense then.
"Every theme count will be on the line"
Also known as DaBrennOfficial (March 12, 2014 - August 22, 2014)

Theme Technician (March 11th, 2015 - September 2nd, 2018)
The Funker
Site Admin

Post by The Funker »

The Orient Express's WWF Theme and Dustin Rhodes WCW Theme The Natural