Higher Brain Pattern...?

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
thebib62

Higher Brain Pattern...?

Post by thebib62 »

I never understood where this title came from and why we call it that.

Fan made? Johnston's BMI page?

Also, is that what is being said in the theme itself?
Do not share, re-post, or distribute any edits I create and share on this site.
1000th post: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:44 pm
"Im no John Cena... Thank god" - Randy Orton
Nafip

Re: Higher Brain Pattern...?

Post by Nafip »

The female voice says "Higher Brain Pattern" throughout the song.
BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

The proper title of the track according the recent Uncaged III release is "My Time (Instrumental)," but before wrestling theme fans knew the actual title, they always called it "Higher Brain Pattern" due to the fact that the female voice sounds like she's saying "Higher Brain Pattern" throughout the track.

I always wondered why people called it that myself, until I actually heard the clear and complete track from Uncaged III and heard the female's voice.
thebib62

Post by thebib62 »

BenSvR09 wrote:The proper title of the track according the recent Uncaged III release is "My Time (Instrumental)," but before wrestling theme fans knew the actual title, they always called it "Higher Brain Pattern" due to the fact that the female voice sounds like she's saying "Higher Brain Pattern" throughout the track.

I always wondered why people called it that myself, until I actually heard the clear and complete track from Uncaged III and heard the female's voice.
Okay, thanks guys. Good to know after all these years. Happy to have the track in full now as well.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

There was so many alt versions but this was one of the later ones so does relate to My Time as well. An earlier mix might just be called Higher Brain Pattern.
thebib62

Post by thebib62 »

I argue this title, and phrase. how the hell does anyone understand what is being said, let alone come to the conclusion of a ridiculous phrase like "higher brain pattern"? Jim never even titled the theme that.
Alex

Post by Alex »

The only official use of "Higher Brain Pattern" title was on The completists' guide to Triple H's entrance themes: WWE Playlist on WWE's YouTube channel, for the first version of the theme.
https://youtu.be/9wZeVgREync?t=222
shane82

Post by shane82 »

Alex wrote: December 12th, 2019, 6:41 am The only official use of "Higher Brain Pattern" title was on The completists' guide to Triple H's entrance themes: WWE Playlist on WWE's YouTube channel, for the first version of the theme.
https://youtu.be/9wZeVgREync?t=222
On Jim Johnstons BMI I couldn't find this title either, just "Player" or "Corporate Player" for this theme.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Actually I do remember it being on Jim Johnston's BMI at one point. If you look now his BMI has been completely changed and a ton of titles have been removed and shifted around but it was there once before as Higher Brain Pattern.
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

If I recall correctly, back in 2002-2003 or so, someone on ThemeTitan's old forum contacted Jim about various tracks. In that email, he did refer to the track as "Higher Brain Pattern" as well. The track debuted around the time he started using the "Cerebral Assassin" moniker, so I think the phrase is a play on that.

It's likely that Jim didn't have a title listed anywhere for it (as many of his tracks are untitled), and it was likely given the "My Time (INST)" name retroactively by WWE Music for the album.