Questions about post and topics of music leaks

Discussion regarding the site itself. This includes the upcoming Version 7. Also comments about the site, suggestions for V7, questions about XT, problems with your life, and errors — ooh I hates those errors!
Alex

Questions about post and topics of music leaks

Post by Alex »

Recently, someone posted a track "leaked" from CFO$ and it has been immediatly deleted and the topic was locked. The same situation happened when someone else shared lot of CFO$ tracks from the DPM library.

However, the Jim Johnston / WWE / THQ leaks that were posted seems to be tolerated.

But, both are already on Youtube and anyone can find any of these "leaks" easly.

I don't know about Jimmy Hart's music, if anything have been leaked and shared here, and I wonder what impact it would have / had.

Now, from what I understand, we do not allow people to post unreleased CFO$ songs because it may have a bad influence on the future release of music. But isn't this the same for Jim Johnston ? What I mean, one day or another, WWE will find out the source of CFO$ "leaks" from the DPM library, and then it will probably be deleted.

Why not enjoy that WWE stuff now before it gets deleted, or why we allow people to post leaks from Johnston's music ? I think both may have a bad influence of on the future release of WWE themes but I'd like to understand everything about that.

Instead of asking to a moderator or to anyone specificaly, I prefer to ask here and get the most opinions that is possible, so I hope many of you guys can bring a point of view.
EddieK
Site Admin

Re: Question about post and topics of music leaks

Post by EddieK »

Alexandre wrote:Recently, someone posted a track "leaked" from CFO$ and it has been immediatly deleted and the topic was locked. The same situation happened when someone else shared lot of CFO$ tracks from the DPM library.

However, the Jim Johnston / WWE / THQ leaks that were posted seems to be tolerated.

But, both are already on Youtube and anyone can find any of these "leaks" easly.

I don't know about Jimmy Hart's music, if anything have been leaked and shared here, and I wonder what impact it would have / had.

Now, from what I understand, we do not allow people to post unreleased CFO$ songs because it may have a bad influence on the future release of music. But isn't this the same for Jim Johnston ? What I mean, one day or another, WWE will find out the source of CFO$ "leaks" from the DPM library, and then it will probably be deleted.

Why not enjoy that WWE stuff now before it gets deleted, or why we allow people to post leaks from Johnston's music ? I think both may have a bad influence of on the future release of WWE themes but I'd like to understand everything about that.

Instead of asking to a moderator or to anyone specificaly, I prefer to ask here and get the most opinions that is possible, so I hope many of you guys can bring a point of view.
We don't allow leaks of CFO$ songs on this site. It would ruin the chances of getting anything in the future. As for the THQ leaks, It's been so long that we won't get anything from THQ anymore. Since, didn't THQ go out or something? I'm sure we got what THQ has by now. (I really don't have enough knowledge on the THQ songs, sorry). As for Jim Johnson leaks, We will not allow them as Jim's vault is far bigger than the CFO$ vault & it would be easier to track down who got the song in the first place. As for these DMP sites, They can always create another one. Just as a safety measure, Please do not post any Jim Johnston or CFO$ unreleased songs. If you'd have any questions about that, feel free to ask.

I'm sure we people were leaking Jimmy Hart's music in the late 1990s/early 2000s, It would've made a huge impact on what we got in the future. I mean, even leaks from Dale Oliver has impacted the TNA releases. We can't have a "Theme Hero" ruin it for all of us.

As for when a song hits YouTube (Such as the Johnny Gargano CWC song) it's going to spread like a wildfire. It's out of Xylot's power. There's one person to really blame for these leaks, and it's MusicMike. It's just another reason why he's never coming back here.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thank you for the explaination, Eddie. I only have 3 questions:

- For example, if I would like to post something like the "No Holds Barred" soundtrack, could I post it ? Even if that's an unreleased album, we will probably never get it with an official release. You think that may have a bad impact on future releases ?

- If I get a song by an artist who worked with CFO$ or Jim Johnston, and if the artist send it to me without asking "do not share it", could I post it ? For example, when I contacted TB5, I obtained the first version of "Three Man Band" without any question from the band. I posted it on the forum and it was accepted. Is that still the case for current or old themes ? Or is that prohibited now ?

- And, not really a question but just to clarify, even if a song is already leaked and shared all over Youtube, it's not allowed to post it on the forum, right ? From what I've seen with Gargano's theme, I don't think that it's tolerated.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Alexandre wrote:Thank you for the explaination, Eddie. I only have 3 questions:

- For example, if I would like to post something like the "No Holds Barred" soundtrack, could I post it ? Even if that's an unreleased album, we will probably never get it with an official release. You think that may have a bad impact on future releases ?

- If I get a song by an artist who worked with CFO$ or Jim Johnston, and if the artist send it to me without asking "do not share it", could I post it ? For example, when I contacted TB5, I obtained the first version of "Three Man Band" without any question from the band. I posted it on the forum and it was accepted. Is that still the case for current or old themes ? Or is that prohibited now ?

- And, not really a question but just to clarify, even if a song is already leaked and shared all over Youtube, it's not allowed to post it on the forum, right ? From what I've seen with Gargano's theme, I don't think that it's tolerated.
Glad I could help.

1: As for the "No Holds Barred" soundtrack. You should be good (I think). Just always be-careful with unreleased content, even with friends.
2: As for an artist giving you a song and posting it. It's entirely up to you. Just always remember, once it's shared here, It could land on YouTube & spread.
3: That's a tricky one to really come up with an answer with. I'll say this. Once it hits YouTube, It's out there forever and from here on out, It's allowed. However, One rule to it. The song itself has to be on YouTube for at least 24 hours, then It can be posted on here. I think that's good.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Everything is clear now, thank you.

I hope many people will take the time to read this, I think it was important to ask everything publicly, now everyone can understand and it should avoids any confusion or problem related to these issues.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Alexandre wrote:Everything is clear now, thank you.

I hope many people will take the time to read this, I think it was important to ask everything publicly, now everyone can understand and it should avoids any confusion or problem related to these issues.
I went ahead and pinned this topic. :)
TEOL

Re: Questions about post and topics of music leaks

Post by TEOL »

We are in the lurch of not getting anymore Jim Johnsotn music at all ever unless it is leaked out. It's the sad reality now. In about 5 years time we will be dying for some leaks desperately because no more new stuff would have come out :(

Until 5 years with no music or website releases come I guess we should wait it out as thats the only thing you can do until expirery date when you know nothing ever would come out otherwise anymore.

But I agree no leaks should come out until like 5 years just in case of a U Turn on Johhston's including him possiblely being rehired and getting stuff released again anyway 5 years down the line.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

TEOL wrote: June 5th, 2018, 10:31 am We are in the lurch of not getting anymore Jim Johnsotn music at all ever unless it is leaked out. It's the sad reality now. In about 5 years time we will be dying for some leaks desperately because no more new stuff would have come out :(

Until 5 years with no music or website releases come I guess we should wait it out as thats the only thing you can do until expirery date when you know nothing ever would come out otherwise anymore.

But I agree no leaks should come out until like 5 years just in case of a U Turn on Johhston's including him possiblely being rehired and getting stuff released again anyway 5 years down the line.
In 5 years, we still won't allow leaks. Leaks are not allowed, ever.
JaceMuello

Post by JaceMuello »

So, just for clarification:

If a song hits YT, but has yet to spread (Say, it got put up and 2 hours later I find the video), would posting said video here be unacceptable? Would posting that said video exists, but not actually posting it, be unacceptable? Should I go with my gut and let someone else post it, not take the risk?
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

JaceMuello wrote: June 5th, 2018, 5:16 pm So, just for clarification:

If a song hits YT, but has yet to spread (Say, it got put up and 2 hours later I find the video), would posting said video here be unacceptable? Would posting that said video exists, but not actually posting it, be unacceptable? Should I go with my gut and let someone else post it, not take the risk?
That would be fine saying the video exists as it's public on Youtube. I would go as far as posting the link to the YouTube video would be fine as long as there's no direct download here. However, sharing the actual file won't be allowed until it's properly released. I hope this helped.
JaceMuello

Post by JaceMuello »

EddieK wrote: June 5th, 2018, 5:31 pm That would be fine saying the video exists as it's public on Youtube. I would go as far as posting the link to the YouTube video would be fine as long as there's no direct download here. However, sharing the actual file won't be allowed until it's properly released. I hope this helped.
Sounds fair. I just didn't want to potentially contribute to the problem in the future.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Sorry for the bump, but does the rules changed ? Recent discussions and posts I've seen on the forum makes me wondering about leaks from UMPG (or any other source). To avoid confusions or conflicts between members and/or admins, I ask here so everyone on the forum can know.
TheStepUp666

Post by TheStepUp666 »

Alexandre wrote: December 29th, 2018, 3:50 am Sorry for the bump, but does the rules changed ? Recent discussions and posts I've seen on the forum makes me wondering about leaks from UMPG (or any other source). To avoid confusions or conflicts between members and/or admins, I ask here so everyone on the forum can know.
I completely deleted the one w/ "The Bro of nXt's Theme" which was posted - As for the Instrumentals (which also should be Deleted completely- located = viewtopic.php?p=80643#p80638)

UMPG Leaks (unless WWE legally released on ITunes Singles & Albums) should be taken down - I remember in the early days of the forum The Massive Impact/TNA Server Leak which nearly all (At that point) Themes were leaked here all posted as the tracks kept surfacing (Archive Post here!! - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3817&hilit=Impact+server)

IMO - Delete the post asap !!
"I'm worth more than you could know
'Cause all you know is what you see
'Cause you're all blind to who I am
So all you see is a mystery
'Cause I'm PRICELESS!!!"
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

It hasn't changed, nor should it change. It's too much of a risk to change it.

TheStepUp666, Instead of "deleting" topics, just move them to the recycle bin. Which what that does is hides the topics from non-staffs view.

I "deleted" (moved it to the recycle bin) the topic.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thank you guys for your answers and for the clarification.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Alexandre wrote: December 29th, 2018, 12:18 pm Thank you guys for your answers and for the clarification.
You're welcome, Alexandre.