XYLOT THEMES WISH LIST

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
TerranRich
Site Admin

XYLOT THEMES WISH LIST

Post by TerranRich »

Is there something you want to see Xylot Themes do? Is there a feature you would love to see on the site? Some ability you really want? Sound off here! I have a to-do list of things to add to the site, which anybody can add to! Add your suggestion here, and I'll see whether or not it's possible, and maybe add it to my list!

1. IMMEDIATELY
  • Option to loop whatever theme you play (user preference)
2. SOON
  • ShoutBox - load the next 20 or so posts when you scroll to the bottom
3. EVENTUALLY
  • Blog comments - post your comment without reloading the page (AJAX)
4. LONG-TERM
  • Real-time chat on the right sidebar + who's online currently
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
EddieK
Site Admin

Re: XYLOT THEMES WISH LIST

Post by EddieK »

I think it would be cool to have a chat on the site (Under the "B.Darby Productions on itunes thing)..A chat like facebook's where it shows who's online (like how the board has) would be cool..

Add more faces to the shout box.. ex. Image come on it's Cena's Money in the Bank 2012 face,How come it ain't on yet?!
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

While that is a long-term project (it'll take a few days, or maybe a week or two), it's something worth looking into. There have been many advancements in website chat functionality in the past few years, so this should be easier than it would have been, say, a few years ago. Added to the list. :)
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

TerranRich wrote:While that is a long-term project (it'll take a few days, or maybe a week or two), it's something worth looking into. There have been many advancements in website chat functionality in the past few years, so this should be easier than it would have been, say, a few years ago. Added to the list. :)
Sweet! :D

What about adding back the play button,add to playlist,ETC to here http://www.xylotthemes.com/#!/themes & bringing back the "Last 5 themes" played (Or whatever it was called) Feature..I liked that one.

* Newest Added listings (Last 3-5 listings made)* Would be cool..

Edit: There is alot more things I can come up with,Just can't think of them right now :C .. I'll post here when I think of them :p
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

• Themes listing page play/DL/playlist buttons: DONE!
  • Sidebar: Last 5 Played Themes: I got rid of that originally to make room for the ads on the right side. I'll consider adding this back in, in some form.
Also, that Cena pic has been added:

;)
Nafip

Post by Nafip »

A wish list? Ok, I would like to have a new bicycle, a toy car, a hamster named Fred...

Anyways, how about the option of deleting our own comments under the theme listings?
TBM

Post by TBM »

Here's one for ya. The ability to upload WAVs, FLACs, and iTunes M4A tracks, and have them convert to 320k mp3 automatically.
IronCitySaint

Post by IronCitySaint »

More corner pics for WWE Alumni - WWE Divas Alumni ?
A new design for Xylot Themes Player on the site ?
Possibility for the Theme Technicians and Global Mods to upload an image for the wrestlers when they are on V6 Browsing.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

TerranRich wrote:
Also, that Cena pic has been added:

;)
sir robert

Post by sir robert »

mine is simple i want the site to use the public player as opposed to the one it uses now
BeDmAn

Post by BeDmAn »

Hey Terran,

Each time a new theme is uploaded to the site, it appears on the main page and on the "Latest themes" page.

Would it be possible to do the same thing, each time a new wrestler entrie is added and each time a theme count for a wrestler is changed?

Thanks
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

I'm designing and programming my own custom mini-player that will work on all modern browsers, and hopefully most older browsers (fuck IE6-8 but whatever). It's going to be compact and be able to fit in a horizontal menu nav bar.

Right now, the "Latest Themes" section/page looks at all of the themes, sorting them by "Upload Date". What I can do is store changes in a separate log, and use that for a "Latest Update" section, which would replace "Latest Themes" in Version 7.
PaddyDragon23

Post by PaddyDragon23 »

I think you should remove that WWE '13 Arena Effects Banner from the side of the site, the game is old now anyway.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Removed. But we need some things to put there. Any ideas? Thoughts?
PaddyDragon23

Post by PaddyDragon23 »

Maybe we could have the "Friends of Xylot Themes" list over there?
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

TerranRich wrote:Removed. But we need some things to put there. Any ideas? Thoughts?
A plug for the official Facebook page?
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

NXT & FCW having Yellow and Green men added to the right of the WWE logo so there is no more debate about them being in it's own thing or part of the WWE as then they would be both seperated but in the WWE section where they belong as I agree with them being merged but also agree that they have to be seperate so different coloured men under the WWE banner should keep them quiet.

TNA's man being changed to blue might be another thing to do if you want to colour code it a bit more and whilst you are at it OVW should have it's red man under the TNA section as TNA is it's current brand to keep on the theme of putting the training companies under the brands banners to shut the people up.
Rudo

Post by Rudo »

I wish it'd be easier to navigate on mobile but I dunno the extent of recoding it would need and don't want to put you through that. An android app on the other hand... :roll:
WFMashUpz

Post by WFMashUpz »

Here's my tip: let we upload our own corner images.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

Version 7 will be mobile-friendly -- I'll make sure of it. It will also most likely replace corner pics with background pics -- I'll look into supporting user-uploaded backgrounds, maybe even with the ability to share them with the rest of the site, under a different category (so when people choose their BG image, there's a separate list of user-submitted BG images).

TEOL: That change would require extensive modifications to how I currently store things in the database; I'm not even sure something like that would be possible with Version 7. But I'll keep it in mind and will look into the possibility of doing something like what you suggested.