List of WWE Theme’s Original Titles

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
The Fiend

List of WWE Theme’s Original Titles

Post by The Fiend »

I don’t think this has been done before anywhere so I created this post so we can start an official list of all WWE themes’ original titles before WWEMusic altered them. I’m trying to stick with the ACTUAL titles instead of fan made titles or “I think it’s this” titles. Hopefully TT can help with this list?

3MB - Three Man Band (iTunes Single) > More Than One Man (iTunes Single)

Aksana - Russian Romance (iTunes Single) > Fantasy (iTunes Single)

Big Boss Man - Servin’ Hard Times (Superstars Theme Music II) > Hard Times (The Federation Era)

Bill DeMott - No Kidding V2 > No More Laughing (Uncaged XIV)

Billie Kay - Icons (YouTube) > Seduction (iTunes)

Billy & Chuck - You Look So Good to Me > Love at First Sight (Uncaged XI)

Billy Gunn - AssMan (The Music, Vol. 4) > Ass Man (Anthology - The Attitude Era, Vol. 2)

Billy Kidman - New Rockers > Friendly Feud (Uncaged XIII)

The Boogeyman - Gonna Get You (BMI) > The Horror (Uncaged)

Bray Wyatt - Broken Out In Love > Live In Fear (iTunes Single)

Bret Hart - Hart Attack (Full Metal - The Album) > Hitman (Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1)

Brock Lesnar - About to Be Broken (BMI) > Enforcer (Uncaged IV)

Brock Lesnar - Enforcer > Next Big Thing (Anthology - Now!, Vol. 3)

Brother Love - I Love You (Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1) > Love My Brother (Uncaged V)

Chris Benoit - Shooter (The Music, Vol. 5) > Rabid (Anthology - The Attitude Era, Vol. 2)

Chris Jericho - Break Down the Wall(s) (The Music, Vol. 4) > Break the Walls Down (Raw Greatest Hits)

Christian - My Peeps > Problem Solver (Uncaged VII)

The Corporate Ministry - Corporate Ministry > Evil Empire (Uncaged XII)

D-Generation X - Break It Down (Anthology - The Attitude Era, Vol. 2) > Are You Ready? (Raw Greatest Hits)

D-Generation X - King of Rock (Music Video) > The Kings (Aggression)

D’Lo Brown - Danger at the Door (The Music, Vol. 4) > The Real Deal (Anthology - The Attitude Era, Vol. 2)

Daivari - Bad Intentions > Trouble In the Mid-East (Uncaged XIII)

Demolition - Demolition (Piledriver: The Wrestling Album II) > Demolition Daze (Superstars Theme Music II)

Doink the Clown - Doinkin’ Around (Superstars Theme Music V) > Clown (iTunes Single)

Dude Love - Dude Love (The Music, Vol. 2) > The Dudester (Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1)

Earthquake - The Quaker Shake (Superstars Theme Music IV) > Earthquake (The Federation Era)

Eddie Guerrero - Crackin' > I'm Your Papi (Uncaged XIV)

Edge - On the Edge > You Think You Know Me (Anthology - The Attitude Era, Vol. 2)

Emma - Short Term Memory (VideoHelper) > #Emmalution (iTunes Single)

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt - Live In Fear (Hurt & Heal Metal Remix) (Shazam) > Let Me In (iTunes Single)

Gene Snitsky - Not My Fault > It Wasn't My Fault (Uncaged XIV)

Gobbledy Gooker - Gookey (BMI) > Break an Egg (Uncaged X)

Goldust - Golden V2 > Golden Desire (Uncaged XIII)

Goldust - Goldust (Full Metal - The Album) > Golden (iTunes Single)

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan - Hoooo Hustle (Superstars Theme Music II) > Two By Four (iTunes Single)

The Hart Foundation - Road to Destruction > Hart Beat (Superstars Theme Music IV)

Heidenreich - Dangerous Politics > Controlled Politics (Uncaged XIV)

Honky Tonk Man - Honky Tonk Man (Piledriver: The Wrestling Album II) > Cool, Cocky, Bad (Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1)

Jeff Jarrett - Mystery > New Kind of Power (Uncaged X)

Jimmy Snuka - (The) Superfly Theme (Superstars Theme Music) > Superfly (iTunes Single)

Kane - Red (WWE Shop) > Man on Fire (Voices: WWE The Music, Vol. 9)

Kharma - Bad Karma > Bad Vibrations (Uncaged XIII)

Legion of Doom - Oh What a Rush V2 > Chicago Warriors (Uncaged XIV)

Luther Reigns - Reigning > Reigning Smackdown Assistant (Uncaged XIV)

The Mexicools - Muy Loco > Fraternidad (Uncaged XIV)

Mick Foley - Wreck > Reckless Commissioner (Uncaged XII)

Mordecai - Morbid > Pale Rider (Uncaged VIII)

Mr. Perfect - The Perfect Twist (Superstars Theme Music V) > Perfection (Voices: WWE The Music, Vol. 9)

The Nation - Nation of Domination (The Music, Vol. 2) > Power (Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1)

The New Day - New Day (iTunes Single) > New Day, New Way (iTunes Single)

Night of Champions - Big Epic Thing (iTunes Single) > Big Epic Night (iTunes Single)

Orlando Jordan - Do It Big (BMI) > US Promise (Uncaged XIV)

Papa Shango - (The) Shango Tango (Superstars Theme Music IV) > Forest Voodoo (Uncaged XIII)

R-Truth - U Suck (iTunes Single) > Little Jimmy (iTunes Single) > What's Up? (iTunes Single)

Razor Ramon - Calling All Cubans (Superstars Theme Music V) > Bad Boy (Full Metal - The Album)

Rico - You Look So Good to Me V4 > Fashion Icons (Uncaged XIV)

The Rockers - Rockin’ Rockers (Superstars Theme Music II) > Rock Out (The Federation Era)

The Sandman- Nightmare (BMI) > Quicksand (Uncaged X)

SmackDown - Everybody on the Ground (BMI) > Smack (Uncaged)

The Smoking Gunns - 25 Gallon Gallop (Superstars Theme Music V) > Smokin’ (Full Metal - The Album)

Stone Cold Steve Austin - Dangerous V2 > Alliance Leader (Uncaged XIV)

Stone Cold Steve Austin - Hell Frozen Over (The Music, Vol. 2) > Cold Hearted (Uncaged XII)

Stone Cold Steve Austin - Paranoid V2 > Bionic Rattlesnake (Uncaged XIV)

Stone Cold Steve Austin - Venom V2 > Cold Blooded (Uncaged XIV)

Sycho Sid - Psycho-Dance (Full Metal - The Album) > Snapped (Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1)

Tatanka - The War Dance (Superstars Theme Music IV) > Buffalo (Uncaged)

Tazz - If You Dare (The Music, Vol. 5) > 13 (Anthology - The Attitude Era, Vol. 2)

Ted DiBiase - Million $ Rap (Superstars Theme Music III) > It’s All About the Money (Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1)

Ted DiBiase Jr. - Priceless > Million Dollar Baby (Uncaged XI)

Tensai - Shrine V2 > Rising Giant (Uncaged XIV)

Test - This is a Test > Check One, Two (Uncaged XI)

Texas Tornado - Tornado Warning (Superstars Theme Music III) > Storm (Uncaged II)

Too Cool - Turn It Up (The Music, Vol. 5) > Bangin’ It (Anthology - The Attitude Era, Vol. 2)

Triple H - Higher Brain Pattern > My Time (Instrumental) (Uncaged III) > Cerebral Assassin (Evolution of the Game)

Trish Stratus - Keys to the City (Anthology Website) > Time to Rock & Roll (Anthology - Now!, Vol. 3)

Ultimate Warrior - Warrior Wildfire (Superstars Theme Music) > Unstable (Anthology - The Federation Years, Vol. 1)

Undertaker - Dark Side (The Music, Vol. 2) > The Spirit of the Undertaker (Undertaker - From the Vault)

Undertaker - Dead Man > My Yard (Uncaged XI)

Undertaker - Dead Man V2 > You're Gonna Pay (Instrumental) (Uncaged XIII)

Undertaker - The Grim Reaper (Superstars Theme Music IV) > Funeral March (Undertaker - From the Vault)

Undertaker - Ministry > Buried Souls (Uncaged XIV)

Undertaker - Ministry V2 > Plague of Evil (Uncaged XIV)

Undertaker - Ministry V3 > Lord of Darkness (Uncaged XIV)

Undertaker - Ministry (The Music, Vol. 4) > Dark Side (Anthology - The Attitude Era, Vol. 2)

The Union - Unionized > U.P.Y.O.U.R.S. (Uncaged XIV)

Viscera - Fuck Me (BMI) > Gut Punch (Uncaged III)

What are some other ones?
Last edited by The Fiend on November 20th, 2020, 9:06 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Tino

Re: List of WWE Theme’s Original Titles

Post by Tino »

The Fiend wrote: August 26th, 2020, 9:45 am I don’t think this has been done before anywhere so I created this post so we can start an official list of all WWE themes’ original titles before WWEMusic altered them. I’m trying to stick with the ACTUAL titles instead of fan made titles or “I think it’s this” titles. Hopefully TT can help with this list?

Here’s a few that comes to mind off the top of my head that I remember someone posted not too long ago:

About to Be Broken - Enforcer
Morbid - Pale Rider
Mystery - New Kind of Power
Nightmare - Quicksand

What are some other ones?
Bad Intentions - Trouble In The Mid-East
Alex

Post by Alex »

Higher Brain Pattern - My Time (Instrumental)
Fuck Me - Gut Punch
My Peeps - Problem Solver
Bad Guy - Bad Boy
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

A lot of WWE Anthology themes got new titles primarily themes from the 2nd disc, the Attitude Era.

DX = Are You Ready? -- Break It Down (this may be one exception for this could be an actual alternate title)
New Age Outlaws = Oh You Didn't Know? -- Outlaw (maybe the title to the instrumental featured on the set?)
Kane = Out of the Fire -- Burned (clearly his 2nd theme with the 1st theme's title placed on it)
Chris Benoit = Shooter -- Rabid
Tazz = If You Dare -- 13
Too Cool = Turn it Up -- Bangin' It (possible alternate title?)
Undertaker = Ministry -- Dark Side (possibly only other exception seeing as how it has been re-released as Dark Side V2 (Ministry) ?)

I did not include D'Lo Brown's theme The Real Deal because even though on Vol. 4 they called it Danger at the Door I always considered the song that had that lyric in it to be that title, and the one featured on Anthology clearly does not. Perhaps Vol. 4 is incorrect?

Anything almost from the Fan Club Tapes has been renamed upon being released lately too.
Papa Shango = Shango Tango -- Forest Voodoo
Jimmy Snuka = Superfly Theme -- Superfly
Ultimate Warrior = Warrior Wildfire -- Unstable
Big Boss Man = Servin' Hard Times -- Hard Times (shorter version of title)
Jim Duggan = Hoooo Hustle -- 2 x 4
Demolition = Demolition Daze -- Demolition
Rockers = Rockin' Rockers -- Rock Out
Texas Tornado = Tornado Warning -- Storm
Million $ Man = Million $ Rap -- It's All About the Money
Natural Disaster = The Quaker Shake -- Earthquake
Tatanka = War Dance -- Buffalo
Undertaker = Grim Reaper -- Funeral March
Doink the Clown = Doinkin' Around -- Clown
Razor Ramon = Calling All Cubans -- Bad Boy
Smoking Gunns = 25 Gallon Gallop -- Smokin'
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

Goldust (Full Metal) = Golden (iTunes single)
Do You Trust Me = Trust Me
I Love You = Love My Brother
Hart Attack = Hitman
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Sorry if it is messy. I couldn't import my Excel copy. Here are most of what I know. I've also included video games themes when they place wrong title with a certain theme. I'll add a few if I remember them as I go along.

Adam Bomb = Adam Bomb / Devastation
Big Boss Man = Servin' Hard Times / Hard Times
Boogeyman = Horror / Gonna Get You
Bret Hart = Bret Hart / Hart Attack / Hitman
British Bulldog = God Sabe the Queen / Rule, Britannia
Brock Lesnar = About to be Broken / Enforcer
Brother Love = I Love You / Love My Brothers
Chris Benoit = Shooter / Rabid
Chris Jericho = Break the Walls Down / Break Down the Wall
Cody Rhodes = Only One Can Judge / Smoke and Mirrors (Ugly)
Daivari = Bad Intentions / Trouble in the Mid-East
Demolition = Demolition Daze / Demolition
D-Generation X = D-Generation X / Break It Down / Are You Ready?
D'Lo Brown = Danger at the Door / Real Deal
Doink the Clown = Doinkin' Around / Clown
Dude Love = Dude Love / Dudester
Edge = Edge / On the Edge / You Think You Know Me
Gangrel & The Brood = Gangrel & The Brood / Blood
Gobbledy Gooker = Gookey / Break an Egg
Goldust = Goldust / Golden
Hacksaw Jim Duggan = Hoooo Hustle / 2 x 4
Honky Tonk Man = Honky Tonk Man / Cool, Cocky, Bad
Ivory = Precious / Made of Ivory
Jeff Jarrett = Mystery / New Kind of Power
Jimmy Snuka = Superfly Theme / Superfly
Kane = Kane / Burned
Kane = Out of the Fire / Burned
Ken Shamrock = Ken Shamrock / Ultimate
Mankind = Ode to Freud / Schizophrenic
Million $ Man = Million $ Rap / It's All About the Money
Mordecai = Morbid / Pale Rider
Nation of Domination = Nation of Domination / Power
Nation of Domination = Power / We Are the Nation
Natural Disasters = Quaker Shake / Earthquake
New Age Outlaws = New Age Outlaws / Oh You Didn't Know? / Outlaw
Oddities = Oddities / Great Show
Papa Shango = Shango Tango / Forest Voodoo
Razor Ramon = Calling All Cubans / Bad Boy / Bad Guy
Rock = Rock / Know Your Role
Rock = Know Your Role (New Version) / If You Smell
Rock = Is Cooking / Is Cooking (Seattle Landing)
Rockers = Rockin' Rockers / Rock Out
Sable = Sable / Wild Cat
Shawn Michaels = Shawn Michaels / Sexy Boy
SmackDown! = Smack / Adrenaline / Everybody On the Ground
Smoking Gunns = 25 Gallon Gallop / Smokin'
St. Valentine's Day Massacre = St. Valentine's Day Massacre 1999 / Massacre / Loaded
Stone Cold Steve Austin = Stone Cold Steve Austin / I Won't Do What You Tell Me
Sycho Sid = Psycho Dance / Snapped
Tatanka = War Dance / Buffalo
Tazz = If You Dare / 13
Texas Tornado = Tornado Warning / Storm
Too Cool = Turn It Up / Bangin' It
Ultimate Warrior = Warrior Wildfire / Unstable
Undertaker = Dark Side / Spirit of the Undertaker
Undertaker = Undertaker / Dark Side
Undertaker = Ministry / Dark Side / Dark Side V2 (Ministry) / Dark Side (Ministry)
Undertaker = Undertaker / Graveyard Symphony
Undertaker = Grim Reaper / Funeral March
Undertaker = Darkest Side / Undertaker Remix
Val Venis = Val Venis / Hello Ladies
Viscera = Fuck Me / Gut Punch
Yokozuna = Yokozuna / Sumo
Nostrildamus

Post by Nostrildamus »

Sometimes I don't see the point in keeping track. It's pretty clear that despite what any index or catalogue may say, the company picks and chooses track titles seemingly on a whim and arbitrarily. Especially since so many are fan created names.
The Fiend

Post by The Fiend »

Nostrildamus wrote: August 27th, 2020, 9:03 am Sometimes I don't see the point in keeping track. It's pretty clear that despite what any index or catalogue may say, the company picks and chooses track titles seemingly on a whim and arbitrarily. Especially since so many are fan created names.
Personally, I prefer naming my collection after the original titles Jim, Jimmy, etc came up with. Just my preference. So it’s nice having a list for anybody who feels the same.
Seanicho

Post by Seanicho »

The file name on the digital download of the Triple H vinyl is this for track 6...

06 Higher Brain Pattern (V2) Triple H - NEEDS OFFICIAL TITLE mastered.wav

So that would confirm that Higher Brain Pattern is the original title.
BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

Seanicho wrote: August 29th, 2020, 4:34 pm The file name on the digital download of the Triple H vinyl is this for track 6...

06 Higher Brain Pattern (V2) Triple H - NEEDS OFFICIAL TITLE mastered.wav

So that would confirm that Higher Brain Pattern is the original title.
"Higher Brain Pattern (V2)" isn't an official title, hence why the file was labeled "NEEDS OFFICIAL TITLE." I would go with "My Time (Instrumental)" or "Cerebral Assassin" as the official titles, since that's what it's titled on the Uncaged and Vinyl releases.
BenSvR09

Post by BenSvR09 »

The Fiend wrote: August 26th, 2020, 9:45 amBrutus "The Barber" Beefcake - Struttin' and a Cuttin' (Superstars Theme Music) > Haircut (The Federation Era)

Cody Rhodes - Only One Can Judge (BMI) > Smoke and Mirrors (Ugly) (Uncaged III)

Demolition - Demolition Daze (Superstars Theme Music II) > Demolition (Piledriver: The Wrestling Album II)

Jake “The Snake” Roberts - Do You Trust Me? (BMI) > Trust Me (Uncaged II)

Shayna Baszler - Hail the Queen (ASCAP) > Loyalty Is Everything (iTunes Single)

Triple H - Higher Brain Pattern > My Time (Instrumental) (Uncaged III) > Cerebral Assassin (Evolution of the Game)
Just a few notes/corrections on these six theme songs.

- Brutus Beefcake doesn't count as an original and renamed track. "Struttin' and a Cuttin'" from the "WWF Superstars Theme Music" cassette is his first theme song, while "Haircut" from "The Federation Era" is his second theme song. They're two different tracks.

- "Only One Can Judge" was never confirmed as a title for Cody Rhodes' ugly theme song. Someone just saw that title on BMI, assumed it was for Cody Rhodes' ugly theme song and spread the info around. There are no alternate titles associated with that track title that would give us a clue as to what the track is. For all we know, the track could be completely unrelated to Cody Rhodes. So unless we're able to find out that "Only One Can Judge" is, in fact, a title for Cody Rhodes ugly theme, I would say that this is not a case of a renamed track.

- The titles of Demotion's 2nd theme are the other way around. "Demolition" was the original title, as the Piledriver album was released in 1987. The 'WWF Superstars Theme Music II" cassette was released in 1990, so "Demolition Daze" would actually be the renamed title. In addition, when the Federation Era album was released in 2015, it used the original title.

- Jake Roberts' 2nd theme is not a case of a renamed track. "Trust Me" is the official title listed on BMI, while "Do You Trust Me" is listed as an alternate title for that track.

- Again, "Hail the Queen" is just another case of an alternate title, rather than a renaming of a track. Both "Hail the Queen" and "Loyalty Is Everything" are listed together as titles for Shayna Baszler's theme song on ASCAP.

- The last time I checked, "Higher Brain Pattern" wasn't confirmed as an official title for Triple H's "My Time (Instrumental)" theme.
Alex

Post by Alex »

BenSvR09 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 6:15 pm - The last time I checked, "Higher Brain Pattern" wasn't confirmed as an official title for Triple H's "My Time (Instrumental)" theme.
It was seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wZeVgR ... u.be&t=221, and if I recall correctly, it was also refered under this title by Jim Johnston via email.
The Fiend

Post by The Fiend »

Updated. Side question: where do the titles My Peeps and Bad Guy come from? TT, BMI or elsewhere?
Alex

Post by Alex »

The Fiend wrote: August 30th, 2020, 9:16 am Updated. Side question: where do the titles My Peeps and Bad Guy come from? TT, BMI or elsewhere?
Neomic reported these titles from ThemeTitan. Regarding "Bad Guy", he said that the master of the re-release track was labelled with Razor Ramon's nickname "Bad Guy" instead of "Bad Boy", which was probably a mistake.
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Alex wrote: August 30th, 2020, 3:24 am
BenSvR09 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 6:15 pm - The last time I checked, "Higher Brain Pattern" wasn't confirmed as an official title for Triple H's "My Time (Instrumental)" theme.
It was seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wZeVgR ... u.be&t=221, and if I recall correctly, it was also refered under this title by Jim Johnston via email.
And also on the digital release of the vinyl, it lists track 6 as Higher Brain Pattern, but needing an official title. Its the 2nd time WWE has acknowledged My Time (Instrumental) as Higher Brain Pattern