A note regarding Kamala's famous 'Ugandan' theme

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
GodzFire

A note regarding Kamala's famous 'Ugandan' theme

Post by GodzFire »

A note regarding Kamala's famous 'Ugandan' theme. We know the tribal chants from his most famous theme comes from the first 2 minutes of the song "Sunny Earth" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqTijKt60A4) on the 1973 album "Earth" by Vangelis Papathanasiou.

However, there is a good chance these tribal chants are actually library/stock/production audio themselves, as the instrumentation behind the vocals in 'Sunny Earth' are not the same as what is heard on Kamala's theme. The vocals also aren't a clear and consistent volume on 'Sunny Earth' as they are on Kamala's theme. Finally, JJ has never directly used a mainstream's artist own work and mixed in his own instrumentation. That would be very close to copyright violation.

Seeing all JJ only used the tribal vocals it further makes me think it's library/stock/production audio. This would go along with the other times he's used those kinds of sounds and sfx to create a theme. This occurred with Skinner and the Godwinn's second theme; he used elements from the Sound Ideas library as the 'base'.

In summary, I'm fairly confident the tribal chants are out there somewhere on a library/stock/production release that's before 1973, which Jim used as a base for his song along with added instruments.