Triple H entrance theme vinyl in the works, confirmed by Triple H himself

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
Agua Moose

Re: Triple H entrance theme vinyl in the works, confirmed by Triple H himself

Post by Agua Moose »

Alex wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 4:20 pm
The Fiend wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 11:53 am Now that there's a clear copy of Behold the King, is it possible to re-create the proper intros as well for all 3?
There would be a guitar riff missing from the first version.
In Behold the King/The Game V3, there's a cymbal roll from the end of the intro into the first chord of The Game. That's not on Evolution of the Game.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Agua Moose wrote: August 24th, 2020, 4:50 am
Seanicho wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 7:49 am An audio engineer ripped the album with professional equipment and posted it on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... VOb1dUdA..
I'd already noticed the dynamic range was better than previous releases by comparing the waveforms in Audacity but I hadn't realised it was this good. The brickwalling on WWE's digital releases has always annoyed me so this album isn't such a write-off for me after all.
It does sound it was mastered from the brickwalled sources, so not like it makes a lot of difference.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Here's a question to ponder. Why call a theme he used in 1999 Cerebral Assassin when he didn't start using the term Cerebral Assassin until late 2000 by that time he was using the Instrumental version of The Game?
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

TheImpCaiman wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:31 am Here's a question to ponder. Why call a theme he used in 1999 Cerebral Assassin when he didn't start using the term Cerebral Assassin until late 2000 by that time he was using the Instrumental version of The Game?
Said before countless times and I'll say it again. WWEMusic don't know what they have, nor what to do with it. Look at all the new titles for tracks that already had them - Quicksand (Nightmare), Enforcer (About To Be Broken), Problem Solver (My Peeps), Pale Rider (Morbid), New Kind of Power (Mystery)... Cerebral Assassin is just another one of them.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Leaf wrote: August 24th, 2020, 11:07 am
TheImpCaiman wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:31 am Here's a question to ponder. Why call a theme he used in 1999 Cerebral Assassin when he didn't start using the term Cerebral Assassin until late 2000 by that time he was using the Instrumental version of The Game?
Said before countless times and I'll say it again. WWEMusic don't know what they have, nor what to do with it. Look at all the new titles for tracks that already had them - Quicksand (Nightmare), Enforcer (About To Be Broken), Problem Solver (My Peeps), Pale Rider (Morbid), New Kind of Power (Mystery)... Cerebral Assassin is just another one of them.
It would be interesting to have a list of all the original titles that were changed by WWE Music for release. I started to do this in my collection but it's sometimes pretty hard when there are multiple versions (like with Dead Man / My Yard / You're Gonna Pay (Instrumental) where I don't know what's the real/original title).
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Yeah it can be quite confusing. Take Kane for example. His 2nd theme was originally released on WWF The Music - Vol. 5 under the title Out of the Fire. Then on Anthology it was re-released under the title Burned. I also remember a commercial or ad calling it Kane's 1st theme which is incorrect when you listen to the theme on Anthology it is clearly his 2nd and not his 1st. Burned is Kane's 1st theme, originally released on WWF The Music - Vol. 3 under his name Kane. With the commercial or whatever it was calling the Anthology theme his 1st when clearly it was his 2nd, we got the title for his first on his 2nd theme. Also on Jim Johnston's BMI page Burned is listed as the alternate title for the title Kane.

Another interesting one is Undertaker's Ministry theme. Originally released on WWF The Music - Vol. 4 as simply Ministry it was again released on Anthology as Dark Side and then again on Undertaker - From the Vault as Dark Side V2 (Ministry).

The way I've seen pattern wise is that 9 times out of 10 the first theme written by Jim Johnston used by a wrestler the title is usually the name of the wrestler. It may perhaps eventually get a physical title but that is how naming usually occurs. But a lot of themes have multiple titles it is so hard to keep track of them. When I look at themes and you see Undertaker's Dark Side V5 (now was V6) it was released as Undertaker on WWF The Music - Vol. 3 which is definitely not the right title which in turn told us Vol. 3 didn't use the titles of the songs, just labeled them by the name of the wrestler who used them. Also WWF Ringside Favorites had a title to Undertaker's 3rd theme labeled as Undertaker as well. So in my opinion since Funeral March, his 2nd has been released as Funeral March (once as Grim Reaper), then his 1st may simply be called Undertaker or Undertaker Theme, but we call it Funeral March V1. Sorry for rambling but I usually name the theme as it is named when released. Undertaker is the only exception as his themes have been released under many titles lately. Triple H is slowly starting to follow the same pattern. My Time (Instrumental) is now Cerebral Assassin? Boy gives me a headache.
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's right, some themes are originally simply labeled with the wrestler's name (and that's what I'm going to do now instead of using possible titles if there's no confirmation). However, Ringside Favorites and WWF The Music Vol 3 doesn't used titles, only the name of the wrestlers, but most of the themes featured there had titles as well.
Regarding Triple H, I wish they would have used "Cerebral Assassin" for the instrumental versions of "The Game", which I think would have made more sense, but it's WWE...
Chris

Post by Chris »

Alex wrote: August 25th, 2020, 10:07 am That's right, some themes are originally simply labeled with the wrestler's name (and that's what I'm going to do now instead of using possible titles if there's no confirmation).
That's generally what I do if there's no confirmed title. I also use just the wrestler's name if that's how it was originally released, even if there is another title it was later released under or known from another source, but that's just me being weird.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Chris wrote: August 25th, 2020, 11:31 am
Alex wrote: August 25th, 2020, 10:07 am That's right, some themes are originally simply labeled with the wrestler's name (and that's what I'm going to do now instead of using possible titles if there's no confirmation).
That's generally what I do if there's no confirmed title. I also use just the wrestler's name if that's how it was originally released, even if there is another title it was later released under or known from another source, but that's just me being weird.
Not weird at all, at least you are sure there is no incorrect information.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Alex wrote: August 25th, 2020, 10:07 am That's right, some themes are originally simply labeled with the wrestler's name (and that's what I'm going to do now instead of using possible titles if there's no confirmation). However, Ringside Favorites and WWF The Music Vol 3 doesn't used titles, only the name of the wrestlers, but most of the themes featured there had titles as well.
Regarding Triple H, I wish they would have used "Cerebral Assassin" for the instrumental versions of "The Game", which I think would have made more sense, but it's WWE...
I completely agree with you there. Jim Ross and the WWE did not start calling him the Cerebral Assassin until January 3rd of 2000. He had been using My Time (Arena Version) for some time by then. Then not too long in 2000 he used the 1st version of The Game (Instrumental) when it was revealed he masterminded the hit and run on Stone Cold. So in my listing I have Triple H's themes as follows (I will only list his singles themes and not intro cuts or anything either):

1. Blue Blood
2. Ode to Joy
3. Corporate Player
4. Higher Brain Pattern
5. My Time (Instrumental)
6. My Time
7. Cerebral Assassin
8. The Game (Instrumental)
9. The Game by Motorhead
10. King of Kings by Motorhead
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Instead of HBP, he used 2 versions of My Time (Instrumental) before using My Time. Then Nov 2000, he used the 1st Instrumental version of The Game. He used a 2nd version, heard at Survivor Series & Armageddon 2000. Then Jan 3rd (I believe) 2002, The Game by Motörhead debuted.

He also used No Chance in Hell as a singles theme before officially getting Corporate Player, and used the DX theme as a singles theme
Funkster

Post by Funkster »

The Franchise wrote: August 28th, 2020, 10:26 am Instead of HBP, he used 2 versions of My Time (Instrumental) before using My Time. Then Nov 2000, he used the 1st Instrumental version of The Game. He used a 2nd version, heard at Survivor Series & Armageddon 2000. Then Jan 3rd (I believe) 2002, The Game by Motörhead debuted.

He also used No Chance in Hell as a singles theme before officially getting Corporate Player, and used the DX theme as a singles theme
the Motorhead track debuted in Jan 2001, as that years Royal Rumble was the 1st PPV that it was heard on. had that track way before the 1st quad injury.
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Funkster wrote: August 28th, 2020, 4:15 pm
The Franchise wrote: August 28th, 2020, 10:26 am Instead of HBP, he used 2 versions of My Time (Instrumental) before using My Time. Then Nov 2000, he used the 1st Instrumental version of The Game. He used a 2nd version, heard at Survivor Series & Armageddon 2000. Then Jan 3rd (I believe) 2002, The Game by Motörhead debuted.

the Motorhead track debuted in Jan 2001, as that years Royal Rumble was the 1st PPV that it was heard on. had that track way before the 1st quad injury.
Jan 8, 2001 he returned from being out since Armageddon. After laying out Austin, the intro cut plays as RAW goes off the air. The following Monday, January 15, he uses the full intro.
alpharhodes

Post by alpharhodes »

I've linked to another thread where you can download digital copies used for the vinyl release, not a vinyl rip. - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15324
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Has the vinyl had an official digital release on Amazon yet? Most vinyl's have them now but I cannot seem to find Triple H's? Anyone know?

When I initially got my entire WWE collection all of my themes were simply labeled as the wrestler's name followed by a number. I'm still looking for titles for some but that's how I initially got my collection. All my Triple H themes were like Triple H 01, Triple H 02, etc. and I had to figure the titles out for myself. Then the newer stuff would get released and I'd be okay.
Chris

Post by Chris »

No official digital release yet. I'm hopeful for, but not entirely expecting, a digital release of the album.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Let's hope so.