Triple H entrance theme vinyl in the works, confirmed by Triple H himself

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
Tino

Triple H entrance theme vinyl in the works, confirmed by Triple H himself

Post by Tino »

An album dedicated to the entrance themes of "The Game", Triple H, is in the works. Triple H confirmed on the "After The Bell" podcast that an album dedicated to his entrance themes that he's used over the years, plus "different cuts that Motorhead has done, remakes that other people have done", is going to be released on vinyl.
Anybody else is more than welcome to post more information if they have any.

Release Date: TBA

https://twitter.com/calibratedking/stat ... 74016?s=20
Agua Moose

Re: Triple H entrance theme vinyl in the works, confirmed by Triple H himself

Post by Agua Moose »

Sounds awesome but I won't get my hopes up that there'll be any actual unreleased entrance themes on there.
Tino

Post by Tino »

It sounds like it may possibly be a continuation as I had first assumed, of the #FromTheVault series, just on vinyl. I'm just going to assume that might be the case, seeing as when Haitch mentioned the "different cuts by Motorhead, the different cuts by other people", makes me wonder if there are other themes that Johnston did for him that will never see the light of day until this album's release. Who knows? The unreleased Game Instrumental that everybody's wanted has to be a surefire pick to be on that album. Also, we might just get that unreleased version of "The Game", seemingly by Disturbed, that was on that Uncaged megamix video a few months back. Just my two cents.

No matter what is going on in this world, man, it's still great to be a wrestling themer.
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

This would be awesome & exactly what I have been asking WWE Music for, the next installment of #FromTheVault. After listening to the podcast myself, it seems like this gas been an idea, going back a year now, when they originally showed him the album jacket artwork. This would, hopefully, give us the missing "My Time Instrumental", the 2 versions of "The Game (Instrumental)" possibly even the arena version of "My Time", as well as studio versions of "Line In The Sand", as shown on WWE Confidential years ago. He mentions other remakes, and with the surfacing sample of Disturbeds version, I'd think that would be included on that, possibly even the live performances at WrestleMania too by Drowning Pool & Motörhead, even the live performances by Chris Warren & the DX Band at SummerSlam 1998 and WrestleMania 14. I'd be happy with anything they put out, being a big Triple H fan, something for the collection, I just hope we get some sort of new material with this announcement.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I just hope it's not exclusively vinyl.
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

Chris wrote: April 27th, 2020, 11:31 am I just hope it's not exclusively vinyl.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Reminds me of a similar situation with another fanbase a couple years ago. Fans of the original Transformers cartoon from the 80's had wanted an official soundtrack release for decades. So, when it finally comes out, of course it's ONLY as a limited edition vinyl record. Pissed off a LOT of fans who were more than willing to pay a shitload of money if they could just get it in a digital, non-niche format. This is a situation where I had no qualms pirating it. If they put it out in a usable format, I'll happily give them my money. Until then they can bite me, and I'll enjoy my pirated vinyl rips.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Usually these days, vinyl records come with a download code within the package.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

I agree. Hope it isn't exclusive to just vinyl. Even with the vinyl comeback not many people want to go back to that format yet. So if it is vinyl only with a download code to get the album I guess I'll get it, download it and resell the vinyl. It'd be a waste of space in my house. Let us also hope that we can get a digital copy released as well.
HockeyLad2120

Post by HockeyLad2120 »

I hope they do a Digital release of it as well on iTunes would be awesome to add to anyone’s theme collection
Chris

Post by Chris »

Leaf wrote: April 27th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Usually these days, vinyl records come with a download code within the package.
Sure, but it's pretty ridiculous to have to buy a vinyl copy of an album that you can't play because you don't have a means to play it just to get a download code so you can listen to the album. I don't mind if they release it on vinyl with a download code, as long as that's not the only way to obtain the album.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I'm looking forward for the tracklist of the album, but as most of you guys said, I hope there will be a digital version for everyone as well. But a vinyl edition would be a nice collector for the biggest fans.
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

So we're getting this but not the OC theme. Fuck this company.
antdogs

Post by antdogs »

Jerichoholic wrote: April 27th, 2020, 4:04 pm So we're getting this but not the OC theme. Fuck this company.
ugh yeah man I wanted that OC theme its Dope!
Seanicho

Post by Seanicho »

Interesting. I just bought a Sony PS-HX500 off Amazon a couple hours ago before reading this. I’ve never been a Vinyl person but I hear it can produce better audio (sometimes) and there’s random stuff out there not on CD/Digital that I want to transfer to lossless digital. This will definitely be one of them as long as it’s not all previous released stuff.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

I do know a lot of vinyl albums you can download digitally from Amazon. That's how I got the soundtrack to the original Predator movie. It was unavailable for a long time, then they released it recently on vinyl and Amazon also has the digital version. Let's keep our fingers crossed this happens with this one too.
Jerichoholic wrote: April 27th, 2020, 4:04 pm So we're getting this but not the OC theme. Fuck this company.
Is there a track listing available? If not, how do we know what's really going to be on it. If so...can you please share the link?
Last edited by TheImpCaiman on April 29th, 2020, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

Post by Chris »

My guess is it'll be released digitally like all their other music, and then there will be a vinyl exclusively released on WWE Shop, perhaps even in limited quantities or for a limited time. That's just a guess, though.
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

TheImpCaiman wrote: April 29th, 2020, 5:25 pmIs there a track listing available? If not, how do we know what's really going to be on it. If so...can you please share the link?
To be perfectly honest: don't know, don't care. I'm appalled to see them working on something like this when half of their roster's themes are not released.
Chris

Post by Chris »

It probably isn't too difficult to figure out, if we consider the Undertaker album as a rough idea of what it would be like. The tally of all of the HHH-related songs that have been released over the years by WWE is at 14 (might have missed 1 or 2), so if this album ends up being a similar 20-25 tracks, a clear majority of it will be previously released.

HHH: Blue Blood, Corporate Player, My Time (Instrumental), My Time, The Game (Anthology), The Game (Vol. 5), King of Kings, King of Kings (demo)
DX: Are You Ready?, Are You Ready? (2000), Are You Ready? (2006), Are You Ready? (Hall of Fame 2019)
Evolution: Evolve, Line in the Sand

With the mention of a focus on Motorhead, I'm certain the Evolution themes will make the cut but not as sure about the DX themes. I could easily see them using them to pad out the album to make it longer.

On top of that, we could easily see one or both of the instrumentals of "The Game" from Anthology, maybe an instrumental of Motorhead's version, perhaps some demos or alternate mixes of various themes, and maybe even things like the Disturbed version that we know exist.

This is all personal speculation, of course, but as I said, if we look at the Undertaker album and expect this one to be treated similarly, it isn't too hard to assume what most of the track listing would be.

Edit: Just remembered there were HHH tracks on both Aggression and Forceable Entry, so make that 16 songs released by WWE over the years.
Tino

Post by Tino »

I'm wondering if it drops on May 22, which happens to be on a Friday and also the 25th anniversary of his WWE debut.
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Tino wrote: April 30th, 2020, 2:41 pm I'm wondering if it drops on May 22, which happens to be on a Friday and also the 25th anniversary of his WWE debut.
I believe he debuted 25 yrs ago today, April 30, 1995
https://youtu.be/lqZe9mEpSFg