Bill DeMott Theme Cover in Stores Soon

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
The MAN1AK

Bill DeMott Theme Cover in Stores Soon

Post by The MAN1AK »

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this, but I felt like this was the right spot, since I've got some news on an upcoming Bill DeMott Theme cover release I've put out.

This cover was made by me around 2012-2013 when I was barely learning how to play guitar, and around the same time I started producing and engineering music.

This amateur cover of DeMott's theme is based off of the first version that he came out to at the time.

I barely uploaded the track last night, so it might not hit stores until maybe WrestleMania weekend. Depending on how Distrokid handles the cover license for the track, I'm confident that it should be on the clear, but if not, I'll still contribute it here.

Here is a link provided by Distrokid on the release:
https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/thema ... m-johnston
edge804

Re: Bill DeMott Theme Cover in Stores Soon

Post by edge804 »

Listen to this track yesterday on Spotify. Not too bad.
Leaf

Re: Bill DeMott Theme Cover in Stores Soon

Post by Leaf »

Leaves a lot to be desired. Guitar sounds off, drum track is poorly mixed and the master is very rudimentary. The high octave guitar section is really difficult to listen...

I don't particularly agree with how easy songs can be published to digital stores these days, if you really wanted to profit from this you could have released it just on Bandcamp or Soundcloud (imo preferably the latter as this sounds so raw).

Having a listen to your other records and I gotta say you have a long way to go to have good sounding stuff. It's perfectly fine to do homemade music considering the current state of affairs in the industry (laptop pop/hip-hop being more and more prominent) but I feel that selling this on mainstream stores isn't particularly fair to the listener nor artist, considering there are better ways to showcase your stuff.