The Federation Years II ?

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
The Franchise

The Federation Years II ?

Post by The Franchise »

As mentioned by Tino on the homepage, J.J. Maguire, partnered with Jimmy Hart, are working on a new project together. When asked if we would ever see more albums of their work, Maguire wrote:

"Thanks guys for your kind compliments! Yes JIMMY HART and I are working on something. Can't say much now, but soon u will see.
Thanks again!
🌪️JJ MAGUIRE
MWRM WWF,WWE,WCW"

This is incredible news & very much something to look forward too, esp if theres no Uncaged XI next week. I also like how responsive he was about answering questions, much better then trying to get answers out of WWE Music Group.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

Re: The Federation Years II ?

Post by Chris »

While I'm excited as anyone else for the possibility of more unreleased Jimmy Hart/JJ Maguire songs, let's also keep in mind his wording *is* vague. "Working on something" and "soon" could mean anything, really. Remember Jimmy Hart's original tweet about releasing WCW music back in Decemeber 2012?

"We are working now with RET Music - Ted Turner's company to release an album with all 108 songs such as Nitro girl themes. Turner music owns WCW music material and we think a wrestling album could be released featuring the theme songs."

Nothing came out for almost a year and a half (barring his single release of "Legends of Wrestling"), and it was much less than "all 108 songs". This time, it could be something really great that comes out in a short amount of time, or it could be something that doesn't come out for months or years (or at all). We'll just have to wait and see (and hope for the best).
Tino

Post by Tino »

I had been asking /RealWWE/ via message if they could possibly look into a WWE: The Music of WCW vol. 2 on reddit when I sent him some of my most wanted tracks for the Uncaged albums, so maybe something has finally come of that, or maybe not. I'm not going to get my hopes up, especially for next week, regarding this thing or Uncaged XI. However, I'm not going to immediately jump on the pessimism train either. Maybe they do have something big planned, whatever it may or may not be, we'll have to wait and see.

Fingers crossed it's something great. 🤞
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

This would be cool if it happens, fingers crossed it happens.
bfkp

Post by bfkp »

Oh great, now I’ll be searching every day for info about a new WCW release like I did for two years the last time this happened, haha
WCWForever

Post by WCWForever »

I doubt the rest of the WCW music is going to see the light of day I hope I am wrong but from what WWE and Turner themselves told me it seems like a pain on both sides to release/license the WCW music.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

It would be cool. Perhaps Jimmy Hart can finally release the real version of Sexy Boy. I meant the arena version that has yet to be released yet.
Also how about the other version of Haircut/Struttin' & Cuttin' featured on WWE2K20? Pretty sure it was 2K20 it was featured.

Even though I have both to give them proper releases would be nice or if it is something and it turns out to be more WCW music, how about the full version of Sting's theme?
Alex

Post by Alex »

TheImpCaiman wrote: January 19th, 2020, 11:24 pm Also how about the other version of Haircut/Struttin' & Cuttin' featured on WWE2K20? Pretty sure it was 2K20 it was featured.
The original version of Struttin' and a Cuttin' was on the video-games WWE Legends of WrestleMania and WWE 2K19, not on WWE 2K20.
bubbafan2

Post by bubbafan2 »

“That’s All Right Honky Tonk Mama”
‘Nuff said.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Hunka, Hunka Honky Love
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Just posted this to Jimmy.

Is anything true about the rumors that JJ Maguire said on his Facebook saying to someone that follow ups with the rest of the 100+ tracks you ever made on them will come in the next few months?

Hope to get a reply on that sometime.
Nostrildamus

Post by Nostrildamus »

TEOL wrote: January 25th, 2020, 4:20 pm Just posted this to Jimmy.

Is anything true about the rumors that JJ Maguire said on his Facebook saying to someone that follow ups with the rest of the 100+ tracks you ever made on them will come in the next few months?

I can see why a lot of these guys don't reply... Maguire didn't say anything like that, he said he was working on "something." Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of releases over the years have been hindered by assumed statements like this.
Tino

Post by Tino »

Nostrildamus wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 5:29 pm
TEOL wrote: January 25th, 2020, 4:20 pm Just posted this to Jimmy.

I can see why a lot of these guys don't reply... Maguire didn't say anything like that, he said he was working on "something." Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of releases over the years have been hindered by assumed statements like this.

Thank you.
IAmNeomic

Post by IAmNeomic »

Yeah, there's no reason to pester these guys. Things will come out when they come out.

That being said, whatever it is, I hope the transfers/mastering is better than The Federation Era album. Most of those tracks were squashed beyond belief.
The Funker
Site Admin

Post by The Funker »

Ya the tracks didn't sound good
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

I kind of agree too. There were some odd sounding qualities on that album. I'm wandering if they were really sounding that bad now?
Here's hoping we get some good themes and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll release the last version of Sexy Boy we've been wanting for years.
digi2003

Post by digi2003 »

Any updates on this?
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

digi2003 wrote: February 26th, 2020, 2:52 am Any updates on this?
Nothin yet
digi2003

Post by digi2003 »

This doesn’t seem to be happening donthethemeguy on twitter said he saw JJ Maguire at a recent signing and he asked him about it and he said that he and Jimmy Hart are looking to tour and play their old wwf themes together. This is a real disappointment.