def rebel [the Artist Formerly Known as DJDTP] Theme Discussion Thread

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
TheStepUp666

Re: def rebel [the Artist Formerly Known as DJDTP] Theme Discussion Thread

Post by TheStepUp666 »

The Wednesday Weekly this week as follows;
(As Expected) :D
Ember Moon - Rise From the Ashes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMt-NT-LYU0
"I'm worth more than you could know
'Cause all you know is what you see
'Cause you're all blind to who I am
So all you see is a mystery
'Cause I'm PRICELESS!!!"
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

TheStepUp666 wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:01 pm The Wednesday Weekly this week
TheStepUp666

Post by TheStepUp666 »

Jerichoholic wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:04 pm
TheStepUp666 wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:01 pm The Wednesday Weekly this week
Wednesday Weekly WWE Theme Release - This Week (as follows) - (Could go w./ The Longer tag-line) Sticking to the shorter option!! (Why change now!!) as long as it gets The Main point across (& obvious WWE Release day!!!) = Everybody Happy!!! (as best as damn it!! :lol: )
"I'm worth more than you could know
'Cause all you know is what you see
'Cause you're all blind to who I am
So all you see is a mystery
'Cause I'm PRICELESS!!!"
acousticequalizer

Post by acousticequalizer »

That theme isn't as good as the last one but it's still pretty great imo. Ember's had good themes so far.

anyways Seth Rollins said he may have a new theme on the way.

“We might have a third music on the incoming, not to give away any spoilers,” Rollins said. “But yeah, we used the ‘Burn it Down’ on that night and we’ll see where we go from here. I don’t know what the future holds, but it was good for one night to have the hot flames behind me.”

we'll see. Roman said the same thing and that was a while ago.
Catsnowcat

Post by Catsnowcat »

acousticequalizer wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:25 pm That theme isn't as good as the last one but it's still pretty great imo. Ember's had good themes so far.

“We might have a third music on the incoming, not to give away any spoilers,” Rollins said. “But yeah, we used the ‘Burn it Down’ on that night and we’ll see where we go from here. I don’t know what the future holds, but it was good for one night to have the hot flames behind me.”

WHAT? This song is MILES better than Embers last theme. Her last one was good but that loop was terrible.
Top 6: Cody Rhodes, Sami Zayn, LA Knight, Sheamus, Roderick Strong, Adam Cole
Top 5: Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Alexa Bliss, Shayna Baszler, Bayley
Top 10 All Time: Cody Rhodes, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Randy Orton, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Test, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, RVD
Top 5 Teams: The Way, FTR, MSK, Usos, Drake/Killian
RIP Dusty Rhodes 1945-2015
acousticequalizer

Post by acousticequalizer »

Catsnowcat wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:28 pm
acousticequalizer wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:25 pm That theme isn't as good as the last one but it's still pretty great imo. Ember's had good themes so far.

WHAT? This song is MILES better than Embers last theme. Her last one was good but that loop was terrible.
I found the last one really catchy is all and it got stuck in my head at times. The def rebel one is a better 'song' in terms of it doesn't repeat yeah. I still hope we get Aleister Black's but who knows at this point.
Catsnowcat

Post by Catsnowcat »

acousticequalizer wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:31 pm
Catsnowcat wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:28 pm

I found the last one really catchy is all and it got stuck in my head at times. The def rebel one is a better 'song' in terms of it doesn't repeat yeah. I still hope we get Aleister Black's but who knows at this point.
Oh yeah, I love CFO$ music dont get me wrong... but the loops are so stupid. Is it really that hard to make a second verse in some of these songs?
Top 6: Cody Rhodes, Sami Zayn, LA Knight, Sheamus, Roderick Strong, Adam Cole
Top 5: Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Alexa Bliss, Shayna Baszler, Bayley
Top 10 All Time: Cody Rhodes, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Randy Orton, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Test, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, RVD
Top 5 Teams: The Way, FTR, MSK, Usos, Drake/Killian
RIP Dusty Rhodes 1945-2015
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

I have to agree that Ember never had a bad theme song but I really like the new one better.

Also :
Chris

Post by Chris »

Catsnowcat wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:32 pm Oh yeah, I love CFO$ music dont get me wrong... but the loops are so stupid. Is it really that hard to make a second verse in some of these songs?
Apparently there were times CFO$ would make longer themes with more parts to them but WWE would just loop the early part of the song for use/release, which CFO$ wasn't responsible for.

As for the Ember themes, I like both but personally like "Rise from the Ashes" just a tad more.
DashingOneHD

Post by DashingOneHD »

Chris wrote: February 17th, 2021, 4:20 pm
Catsnowcat wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:32 pm Oh yeah, I love CFO$ music dont get me wrong... but the loops are so stupid. Is it really that hard to make a second verse in some of these songs?
Apparently there were times CFO$ would make longer themes with more parts to them but WWE would just loop the early part of the song for use/release, which CFO$ wasn't responsible for.

As for the Ember themes, I like both but personally like "Rise from the Ashes" just a tad more.
I completely agree, it wasn't CFO$ responsability.

In my opinion "Rise From The Ashes" is the best def rebel's theme yet.
Tino

Post by Tino »

I used Shazam to discover WWE: The Fury (Alexa Bliss) by def rebel. https://www.shazam.com/track/558759161/ ... lexa-bliss
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Tino wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:39 pm I used Shazam to discover WWE: The Fury (Alexa Bliss) by def rebel. https://www.shazam.com/track/558759161/ ... lexa-bliss
This was on SGAE for a long while now. We now know "Pleasure and Pain" was the original track name before WWE retitled it, and it wouldn't be the first time they'd done it with def rebel.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Tino wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:39 pm I used Shazam to discover WWE: The Fury (Alexa Bliss) by def rebel. https://www.shazam.com/track/558759161/ ... lexa-bliss
Great! Thanks for this info, Tino!
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

Leaf wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:46 pm
This was on SGAE for a long while now. We now know "Pleasure and Pain" was the original track name before WWE retitled it, and it wouldn't be the first time they'd done it with def rebel.
But the fact that it's appearing on Shazam means that it's going to be released this time, doesn't it?
Tino

Post by Tino »

Jerichoholic wrote: February 20th, 2021, 6:00 am
Leaf wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:46 pm
But the fact that it's appearing on Shazam means that it's going to be released this time, doesn't it?
Oh my gosh you are being ridiculous right now.
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

Tino wrote: February 20th, 2021, 6:35 am Oh my gosh you are being ridiculous right now.
I'm just asking a question :|
I'm not sure if songs that appear on Shazam are automatically released somewhere or not.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

Jerichoholic wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:42 am
Tino wrote: February 20th, 2021, 6:35 am Oh my gosh you are being ridiculous right now.
I'm just asking a question :|
I'm not sure if songs that appear on Shazam are automatically released somewhere or not.
Songs only appear on Shazam because the distributors upload them there. Important detail is that Shazam is directly linked to Apple Music/iTunes as Apple owns them both. Regardless of which label it may be, if it's on there then it's guaranteed to be coming out rather than not. If you're thinking about tracks like Honey, it was removed by WWE despite themselves scheduling and acknowledging the release.
ConchairtoRecords

Post by ConchairtoRecords »

Here's my insight as someone who runs a record label...

Shazam is a specific 'delivery', separate from "Apple (iTunes / Apple Music)". Which means that you can deliver music to one independent of the other. I.e. I could submit music to Shazam and just Shazam, not iTunes or anywhere else.

So, whilst in practice if you find something on Shazam it's very likely to commercially available, it doesn't mean it HAS TO BE available.
Conchairto Records: wrestling theme record label
Bandcamp | Facebook

Pro Wrestling EAST: Cambridge, UK wrestling promotion
Website | Youtube | Facebook
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

ConchairtoRecords wrote: February 21st, 2021, 5:55 am Here's my insight as someone who runs a record label...

Shazam is a specific 'delivery', separate from "Apple (iTunes / Apple Music)". Which means that you can deliver music to one independent of the other. I.e. I could submit music to Shazam and just Shazam, not iTunes or anywhere else.

So, whilst in practice if you find something on Shazam it's very likely to commercially available, it doesn't mean it HAS TO BE available.
That's what I thought and wanted confirmation about. Thank you.
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

D433EB08-EC8A-4497-8CD8-B9C032FB913D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.