Official WWE Uncaged Album Discussion Thread

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
Nostrildamus

Re: Official WWE Uncaged Album Discussion Thread

Post by Nostrildamus »

TheImpCaiman wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:08 pm Not to beat a dead horse but it is possible. WWE did not write the songs. Of course there is still a legality on the ownership up to a certain point of time especially if more than one party like in this case would be of where there are 2 parties that could possibly lay claim to the music work. Coming down to the law which is described in the paper in pretty accurate detail by the author in the link below in which I took the part of the law that points out how Jim could win. The songwriter / composer retains all legal rights to their music. There are some songs written by other people that many other artists have used. Michael Jackson had a lot of songs wrote for him by other composers who still own the legal rights to those pieces of works and can at any time ask them to be removed from sale.

In WWE's case they only own the right to sell the theme(s) as long as Jim would get his portion of the sale of said music. If at any time he wants his music to stop being used according to the actual law there are ways that he could since he is the original composer of said theme. WWE is not the 100% owner of the theme no matter what copyrights they own in which Jim could if wanted to get his original works back in his own possession and do whatever he wants with them. Just because WWE paid him to write these themes for them to use, just like in the case with Victor Miller who was paid by Sean S. Cunningham to write a script based on Cunningham's idea, the original creator still possesses all rights to their works. Just like in any law there are a lot of technicalities where WWE could still claim ownership of these themes too.

Copyright law is however the hardest laws to both prove and disprove for both parties. Either party could win in a copyright case no matter who really owns the materials.

https://cyber.harvard.edu/fallsem98/fin ... /Tada.html
Under current copyright law, the exclusive right to reproduce copyrighted works applies both to musical compositions and to sound recordings. The copyright owner of the musical composition -- the songwriters -- receives mechanical royalties for the reproduction and distribution of any recording of that composition.
This is a downright ridiculous notion. You do not "regain" the rights to something that you produced under contract with a clear cut deal, especially when its a collaborative effort (Johnston being given direction and following it.) WWE retains the rights to everything they have paid to produce by way of the very deal they made with Johnston. These are not his personal creations. They were commissioned by WWE for WWE and no other purpose.

How do you get it in your head that WWE would somehow lose the rights to their own music? I understand losing the rights to your own company name if you violate a deal that says you won't use the name internationally... But what you have proposed here multiple times is not even realistic. How exactly do you see that happening? Johnston sues WWE for ownership? Even if WWE ceases to exist, those songs do not magically become Johnston's property to sell.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

TheImpCaiman wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:08 pm Not to beat a dead horse but it is possible.
It's not. End of story.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

What is possible is that Jonathan Hammer by not releasing another Uncaged is breaking his WWE contract on LinkedIn it clearly states as his job description having a relationship with clients meaning the people who buy his tracks or us.

He hasn't done that by scrapping Uncaged.

Under Music Supervision clearly it states about retaining things that sell.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Kr-zjC1Kfn

Maintaining label relationships is related to us.
Leaf

Post by Leaf »

TEOL wrote: December 14th, 2021, 3:33 pm What is possible is that Jonathan Hammer by not releasing another Uncaged is breaking his WWE contract on LinkedIn it clearly states as his job description having a relationship with clients meaning the people who buy his tracks or us.

Hammer is not responsible for Uncaged. Let it go. Don't stalk him.
acousticequalizer

Post by acousticequalizer »

TEOL wrote: December 14th, 2021, 3:33 pm What is possible is that Jonathan Hammer by not releasing another Uncaged is breaking his WWE contract on LinkedIn it clearly states as his job description having a relationship with clients meaning the people who buy his tracks or us.

You can't be serious with this
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

This is funny but no, label relationships do not pertain to us. Too bad it doesn't though. LOL
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

Shame there's still no actual release for XV.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Jerichoholic wrote: February 5th, 2022, 1:40 pm Shame there's still no actual release for XV.
It's almost been a a year since it was posted on YouTube too.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Might never be one.
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

I'd say it's more likely than Uncaged XVI but still very unlikely.
EddieK
Site Admin

Post by EddieK »

Jerichoholic wrote: February 7th, 2022, 2:27 am I'd say it's more likely than Uncaged XVI but still very unlikely.
I agree.
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

I too agree. Perhaps the Uncaged XV YouTube video was also a test to see how many people would view it to determine if it was worth releasing? Just a though. I still say the next physical release would be XVI if they choose to continue this series. Unreleased versions of themes are starting to pop up all over places like YouTube since they haven't released another album though. Triple H's Higher Brain Pattern just popped up a couple of days ago and so did Test's V1, V2 and V3 of his other This is a Test themes. It is clear that fans want older themes still but until we see anything we sadly must assume the series is gone and have to rely on these themes popping up on other platforms like YouTube or Daily Motion for example.
Jerichoholic

Post by Jerichoholic »

TheImpCaiman wrote: February 7th, 2022, 9:56 am I too agree. Perhaps the Uncaged XV YouTube video was also a test to see how many people would view it to determine if it was worth releasing? Just a though. I still say the next physical release would be XVI if they choose to continue this series. Unreleased versions of themes are starting to pop up all over places like YouTube since they haven't released another album though. Triple H's Higher Brain Pattern just popped up a couple of days ago and so did Test's V1, V2 and V3 of his other This is a Test themes. It is clear that fans want older themes still but until we see anything we sadly must assume the series is gone and have to rely on these themes popping up on other platforms like YouTube or Daily Motion for example.
But you will still keep spamming about it on Twitter right? :lol:
TheImpCaiman

Post by TheImpCaiman »

Of course we all will. :lol:

It will at this point more than likely never happen but it won't stop us all from doing that on Twitter. It would be cool if one day we could get that massive theme collection that cost us all just one basic purchase amount that gives us everything. From Jimmy Hart all the way through to def rebel and all around everything to. Wouldn't that be an awesome dream? You like a certain artist, purchase the mega collection or whatever it would be called and what themes they write are yours to own to listen to at your leisure. It's a huge dream but everyone would win in that scenario.

The new def rebel themes that come out that aren't in the initial purchase you will have to purchase them separately but every time a theme of theirs's comes out besides doing what WWE Music seems to do, where they release only the last version of the song, release every version of that song on one album. If you buy for example WWE: Stackin' Money (Cameron Grimes) - Single, you'd get both versions they released. I know the only differences are a particular name removed but besides 1 song for buying the album you'd get any earlier versions too. This would be a cool thing and everyone could profit and every fan would be happy because the intial purchase would get you everything prior to def rebel, so all artists are there then you just have to buy def rebels themes as they are now but each of their albums would contain all versions of the theme you are buying.
Chris

Post by Chris »

TheImpCaiman wrote: February 7th, 2022, 12:44 pm It would be cool if one day we could get that massive theme collection that cost us all just one basic purchase amount that gives us everything. From Jimmy Hart all the way through to def rebel and all around everything to. Wouldn't that be an awesome dream? You like a certain artist, purchase the mega collection or whatever it would be called and what themes they write are yours to own to listen to at your leisure. It's a huge dream but everyone would win in that scenario.
The cost of something like that would put any such release out of reach for so many people, and would likely cause further division within the community over who has access to what.
NMMan

Post by NMMan »

As great a concept as that would be, I think Chris is right. There are people who can't even be bothered to pay $1.29 for a single theme song...the odds of many people dropping a premium amount on a hypothetical huge collection for sale would likely be between slim and none.
No one in WWE can hold a candle to what I can do, inside these FOUR ROPES.
Seanicho

Post by Seanicho »

TheImpCaiman wrote: February 7th, 2022, 9:56 am I too agree. Perhaps the Uncaged XV YouTube video was also a test to see how many people would view it to determine if it was worth releasing? Just a though. I still say the next physical release would be XVI if they choose to continue this series. Unreleased versions of themes are starting to pop up all over places like YouTube since they haven't released another album though. Triple H's Higher Brain Pattern just popped up a couple of days ago and so did Test's V1, V2 and V3 of his other This is a Test themes. It is clear that fans want older themes still but until we see anything we sadly must assume the series is gone and have to rely on these themes popping up on other platforms like YouTube or Daily Motion for example.
On YouTube? Do you have a link to Triple H's Higher Brain Pattern? I can’t seem to find it. All I’m coming across are remakes.
The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Seanicho wrote: February 7th, 2022, 5:26 pm
On YouTube? Do you have a link to Triple H's Higher Brain Pattern? I can’t seem to find it. All I’m coming across are remakes.
https://youtu.be/rOK5wgqJDbE
peteroshea90

Post by peteroshea90 »

That is also a remake
TheBigTedbowski

Post by TheBigTedbowski »

Anybody got a link to the Test ones aswell?